Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll need to either call or go through their live chat, and you'll need the *approximate* answers to your secret questions.
Both Cool Kids inc. and I went through this process - me for Defiance, her for her ancient RIFT account.
As long as you're close enough on one or both of them that it's obvious that you know the answer, and are missing out on something like spelling, capitalization or similar, they'll clear you for flight.
Example: the question that was hanging me up was my hometown, and I didn't know if I'd put my actual birth city (the suburb name), my birth city (the metro area name), or where I'd graduated high school (Military "hometown"), and whether I'd included the state abbreviation or not.

I gave them all three permutations, and one of them was good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Zoness posted:

So, basically you can form groups with people on other shards.
In theory, does this also make guilds effectively cross-shard?

Also: As the OP author for the Defiance thread, I have to say that seeing Hellbugs in a rift last night was a pretty :catdrugs: moment for me. I had no idea.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Mormon Star Wars posted:

If anyone wants some of these really easily, you just need a group of people and a level 50 with Major Fire Lure or whatever it's called. Everyone mentors down and goes to silverwood and rushes tears - if it's hellbugs you fight, if it's not, ignore it and keep going. With enough people you will never run out of tears because it will always spawn at least one.
For people (like me) coming back from having played briefly after launch - how does this Mentoring gig work?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

TouchyMcFeely posted:

A wonderful goon was good enough to point me towards Rifts after the NWO debacle. After getting a mage to level 8 I can safely say that it is a beautiful game and I have no clue what's going on.

A problem I've been having that I haven't seen in other games or discussed is my latency jumping all over hell and back. It'll be sub-100 than spike above 4000 then drop to somewhere around 500 then spike again, drop again, etc. Just all over the place. I'm in the US and playing on the Deepwood shard and it happens whether the game is updating or not.

Anybody run into something like this before or am I just special little snowflake?
You're totally a special snowflake.

Neither of the two of us have had any issue like this at all.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Kreczor posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.
50-60 is not a Leveling Spec For New Players. :colbert:

Eltoasto posted:

Well I made a nice mage one! The other classes need to step up and follow my example :colbert:
You didn't link it!

Right now, I'm leveling Justicar simply because every other goddamn guide out there either:
A) Assumes you're coming back, are starting at 50, and know what the gently caress.
B) Doesn't have any detail about what to expect as you power through each section of levels. It just lumps the full build on you and says "build this" with no guidance as to what's useful/important/key to get or key to avoid.

The Justicar guide is the only one that has enough detail for a *new* player to succeed with. It's the only one I've found that actually teaches anything along the way. It's the gold standard for leveling build guides.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 27, 2013

• Locked thread