Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordNat
May 16, 2009
Coming back to this after a LONG break.
Can I get added to the guild?

Name = Faileas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Can you toss an invite for me. Name: Elonya

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Devor posted:

Warriors can't heal
Rogues can't heal (as their main thing)
Mages can't tank
Clerics can do everything, DPS, tank, and heal

So if you want to dabble, cleric is nice.

This all changes in 3.0 the middle of next year. Warrior and Rogue are getting Heal specs, Mage is getting a Tanking pet spec, Cleric is getting a support spec. I can't wait to Mage Tank!

LordNat
May 16, 2009

angerbeet posted:

I'm enjoying this game, for all that it's a WoW clone. I'm lvl 35 now and seem to wind up playing a chloromancer in IAs most of the time - it's fun for a healing spec and I don't feel gimped damage wise.

It gets even better at 60. The spec is downright broken.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Oraculum Animi posted:

RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #13 2/5/14

== PROMOTION ==
A new Frosty Budgie mount can be acquired from Limited Edition: Budgie Troves, available on the Rift Store and by completing the new achievement Chicken Run!

A new Ashen Budgie mount can also be purchased with Bird Seed, which is obtained from the Limited Edition: Budgie Trove and by completing new daily quests in Silverwood (Guardian Only), Freemarch (Defiant Only), Pelladane, and Cape Jule.

Note: This event runs from 8:15am server time on February 5th and ends at 8:15am server time on February 12th.

PVP AND WARFRONTS
* It is no longer possible to join a team and then quickly leave it before the invite pops up.
* To queue up a raid for conquest, every person in the raid must have the same conquest faction assigned (be it none, or a specific team).
- Note: The button for a raid with people from one conquest faction and unaligned members will still be clickable, but won't do anything - this will be fixed in a later change.

ZONES
IRON PINE PEAK
* Mobs in Iron Pine Peak will now once again rarely drop dimension items or random rare/epic items.

STEPPES OF INFINITY
* Fixed an issue with The Craft of Conflict zone event that would cause the Nug Battler Nug to remain untargetable during the pie throwing phase during the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiacwfsKK3o

You can't get the mount off dailies alone, you have to buy him or buy chests for extra bird seed. It is not worth doing them past the first day really, the first time you get a Trove so do it once and forget about them.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Decairn posted:

One of the reasons the game is bleeding people is because T1 -> T2 -> T3 is causing exclusions across the player base, even within guild (hello GA, looking at you). There's some great things about Rift, but the raid / raid stat enablement mechanic isn't one of them.

I am still a weapons worth of hit away from T2s. I just got tired of grinding Dragon Queen for my staff so I just quit and moved to Marvel Heroes.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Grittykitty posted:

They need to increase the number of drops in FT/EE and lower the stupid price of weapons from the store so new people can get into T2 easier.

They just need to remove hit gates and just keep damage/hp gates. I have the DPS on Mage to run T2s the only thing I am lacking is the hit to deal that DPS.
I'd not mind a double drops and no less locks week for T1s. Unlimited runs with twice the drops on all bosses for a week so people can get into the door of T2 and maybe dream of T3.
I know drat sure if I came back and played even 6+ hours a day my odds of seeing T3 before the next exp park is almost nill.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

Is it still projected to have precisely 3 raid bosses? Like drat, it's a 3 zone expansion and not a single one of them looks bigger than your typical Storm Legion zone. What the gently caress happened to this game?

The found they can just make most their money off cash shop gear and not real content. Same thing that happens to most F2P games.
The whales (high end spenders) are going to spend no matter what they do to the game. Devs see they can put in low effort and still make as much money as ever so they just stop caring.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

It's incredible that Blizzard's ten year old game is still the best looking MMO on the market. Rift is almost EQ2 levels of hideous.

I left Rift for FF14 A Relm Reborn and have been loving it. Only one I have felt was worth my sub so far.
I popped in to check out the new stuff on here and just found my self bored so left after an hour. Looks nice but same basic design as before, not worth getting to max level again.

Edit: Beaten, that is what I get for not refreshing.

LordNat fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 24, 2014

LordNat
May 16, 2009

KaneTW posted:

Rift has been dead for ages.

It's time to revive it again. The guild needs to make a come back and start Raiding again.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

don't play rift, thanks

I have to have something to do while I AFK Ratt in EVE.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Droid Washington posted:

So.. what are the good MMOs out these days? It seems like a very dry spell for the genre. I'm playing Rift at the moment because I can't think of anything else to play, and I need something to scratch the kill 'n loot with friends itch I have.

Really the best theme park on the market right now is FF14. Tho once you get to end game enjoyment maxes out at about 10 hours or less a week. Rift is still a fine option if you just want to play purely free.

If you want Sand Box EVE is still the king but Project: Gorgon is kind of amazing and worth a shot if you are willing to invest a few hours into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Zoness posted:

So someone linked me that Apotheosys quit with a pretty dramatic post.

Who's even left raiding now?

Pubs mostly. The rage quit to WoW has cascaded most of the rest of the raiding guilds to quit as well. The only end game raiding guild left is that one with the Devs in it from what I can tell.

Honestly I am insanely happy I came back to the game in time to watch this go down. It has been kind of an amazing ride to actively watch a game die in a matter of weeks.

• Locked thread