Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
With the f2p change, has the population risen enough to be able to support eurogoons again?

I quit last year because all European time friendly raids(US raids start at 3am for me) were cancelled after finals week because "nobody ever shows up for them anyway" despite having full groups every week except during finals and that kind of killed off the population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
If the free month only applies to new accounts, should I just make an entirely new one or is there anything on my old account that is worth keeping beyond the Barnacle source engine?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Are there any actually useful items that can't be obtained by new characters? Or is it just the Barnacle source engine?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

lsp posted:

They said something along the lines of being able to purchase the barnacle encrusted source machine with credits, and possibly in the future adding others that could be purchased for currency and that it would be a ways off for that implement.
If that is literally the only thing I miss out on by making a new account and getting 30 days free I'll do that them instead of giving up my 30 days free time to get a character with +40 water resist that might be made available again later anyway.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
For Raptr, you can idle on the "logged out due to inactivity" screen. Finals are over, I'll probably activate my code some time tomorrow.

Is there any definitive answer as to what determines whether the 30 days of game time are given? It appears to be "Rift+30 days"+"SL upgrade" so far.

If I make a new account, can I still buy the collectors edition goodies for €5 or have they scrapped that?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
So final check before I activate my code, the 30 days of game time is only given out to accounts that do not yet have the base game, y/n?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I started playing again with the free weekend, is there any UI setting that could possibly reduce the eye strain I get from playing this game for more then 15 minutes at a time? I had that problem too when I last played but it's gotten a lot worse now.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Please please please. Raids in Rift are really fun but I don't like having to play at 3AM for them (when I'll most likely forget about them because of Tera)

There was a afternoon(US)/Euro group last year which went well but then finals week happened, one raid had to be cancelled and the next week there none planned. When inquired about, the answer was "None of you Euros show up to raids. Ever." with some more thinly veiled nationalism and personal insults thrown in.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Kreczor posted:

What's stopping you guys from just forming the raid yourselves?
Because all Europeans quit after not so subtly being told to gently caress off and restarted on European server/quit altogether because their character is stuck on the American one Goonsquad's afternoon runs were the only reason they even had a character there.

^^^ The RotP thing happened when there were about 4 Europeans left.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 4, 2013

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Daunqaala needs a re-invite.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
If I activated my SL Raptr key on the 11th, how many bag slots should I have?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I've been away for a long time, is there a list of all the raids with their tier and player cap? no matter where I look every list is outdated.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How do I get the rest of the Centurion set? I apparently got half of it from subscription and now I got the same half in the mail for loyalty. I check my veteran's reward vendor and apparently I need another few months of veterancy. Does that mean I need to buy Patron or is it included in the 54k loyalty thing as well?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Krabkolash posted:

Are the artifact finding potions really making them not sell at all or something?
I've restarted on Zaviel EU and blue ones sell for <90g so between the daily gift and autumn harvest the market has crashed badly. Are there any other eurogoons who still play this either on the actual EU server or in the US goon guild?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
While doing the Lake of Solace achievement I decided to tag a Shimmersand world event boss on the coast and the result was that I got 500 ISS:stare:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Krabkolash posted:

All ISS numbers were multiplied by...7 I think? They also did it with some of the other currencies.
I've still getting 1 sourcestone from low level events.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What is the best/most fun rogue spec for leveling?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
will the 41/35 tact spec in the op work at low levels?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Do the extra tradeskill slots actually do anything like WoW's BoP gems/enchants or are they just for the convenience of not sending everything to a crafting alt?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Also the factions are basically /r/atheism in country form that will not, EVER, pass up an opportunity to put ":smuggo:religious sheeple" in a quest text and a the other is fundamentalist cult of not-christianity with a "cleanse with fire first, pray for their souls later" stance on everything but themselves.

Pick Defiants because Meridian is a far more functional city than Sanctum and it's big, stupid cathedral with only one exit. For WoW comparisons, Meridian looks a lot like Stormwind with everything important being laid out in a semi circle from the entrance and more niche NPC's in neatly categorized wings further back and Sanctum is the Undercity with everything strewn around randomly except with 3/4 of the doors between the inner and outer ring closed off. I have a Guardian now and am considering a faction change just because their city pisses me off so much.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Id be up for an EU goon guild, if only for not having guild perks based on what the gm personally wants at that time and gkick everybody who ask what he's doing with the tithe income from 3000 members.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What was the point of the iron pine peaks leveling change? Before you did your faction starters, the scar~ zones and then you could choose between the northern three zones or the southern two. Now if you do moonshade it dumps you at a dead end at 40 and you either get to do something else until 45 or do underleveled content in droughtlands.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Did they break the game? All EU shard are unavailable to me(despite some of them having a queue) and my US chars have seemingly duplicated themselves, both sets of which are coin locked and not a single email to clear it is sent to me anywhere.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is that part of the SL intro quest? If it is that might explain why it's level 50.

Taear posted:

Why? People don't attack you anyway.
My experience on the US shard is that PvP is minimal at high levels as everybody you met in SS and SM was just doing their own thing in IA but lower levels were miserable because of bored 50's running around and instagibbing random lowbies they met while doing mining/herbing with Moonshade being completely unplayable because of all the 50's that seemingly had a truce with eachother but 49 and below was fair game for both sides.

Like above, I would join an eurogoon guild on a PvE server.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Datasmurf posted:

Yeah, PvE is amazing. After playing on PvP servers in other MMOs (and when I started Rift for that matter) for years, coming to a PvE server and Rift was amazing.

And it reminded me of the intro quest to SL, since it was in the basement and everything, but that was another as far as I remember, with some cultist scribe / mage or something.
Then they probably let you into the Water Saga 20 levels early.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Hey Data, I just rerolled EU, leveling a cleric now, but give me your IGN and I'll add you as soon as I can transfer.

edit: same goes for any EU goon

Meadagfe @ Zaviel.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I am bored, and my dwarf's name is Sproin.

Is the Defiant storyline a little more evil than the guardians? I want to make a necromancer or a defiler or something evil and nasty but it's kinda hard when you're chilling with a bunch of angels.
The Guardians are plenty evil later but that's more the "kill everybody and just pray for the innocent ones" kind of evil. A couple zones in you find out that a friendly npc is aware of his town being full of werewolves but actively protects and hides them because if Sanctum gets involved, they would just burn down the entire city, including the non-werewolves.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Logged back into my 38 rogue to do a dungeon, got runic descent and found out that apparently the beam turrets after Rictus are bugged and fire invisible beams now.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Looking to get back into this, how accurate is this about it being the best leveling spec these days?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I tried to use the ascend a friend thing, which just refreshed when my friend hit "create account". We then tried creating a glyph account, which automatically had the code applied to it on log in... but the entire account vanished when logged out again. Then we made another new account, which got through but found that 99% of the time any given Glyph page would come back as "We ran into a bit of a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later." but we could manually enter the ascend code, only to find out that logging into the game itself there was supposed to be a confirmation code to be sent to his email address, which was empty save for my original recruit a friend mail.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is the rest of SL questing content as dreadfully uninspired as Pelledane was? It feels like every 3rd quest was to kill 8 of the exact same armaturas/triarii/sagatarii that I've been fighting since the start of the zone.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What's this about the new expansion pack having 3 zones, 2 dungeons and no raid? A quick glance at the website shows 5 zones/unknown amount of dungeons/1 raid, or is that info outdated/wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'd be all over them resetting the whole game to back when it was actually good.

• Locked thread