Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Elswyyr posted:

The /join goonsquad command doesn't seem to work. Could someone send me an invite on Skuoz?

It is not a special command to ping an officer for an invite, it makes you join the custom chat channel "goonsquad". It should be accompanied by a number ([5. goonsquad] Machai: blahblahblah). type /# (five in this case) then type out your chat message to ask for an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

I think it's because he is trial and they may not be able to join custom channels. I got him though :)

RIFT Lite restrictions include no talking in global channels (the default ones like Trade and Level 1-20) so idk maybe custom channels count as global?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Once it goes f2p, the only thing the storm legion expansion is going to give you is the expansion souls. So if you missed out on the Raptr thing (I think it's safe to assume they won't be restocking the keys), just wait until f2p and buy the souls individually if you find out you need them. I think Warrior and Cleric can probably do all the content without them, mage and rogue get a lot of use out of theirs though.

Actually, cleric gets a lot of use out of Defiler. It is great for soloing and a lot of DPS builds have used 4pt defiler in them for rage blight. It is also good to have a 61pt Defiler in raids. I think warrior gets the least out of its SL soul, but even then it might be good to have Tempest for fights when your raid needs more ranged DPS (3rd boss in TDQ can be terrible as melee unless the other DPS can take out the wisps without you).

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Someone asked before, but I didn't see a reply.

Is it possible to transfer regions? US-EU? I'd like to play with goons but I'm in EU and I'd also like to raid sometime at the end game...

You cannot transfer characters, but if you don't mind starting over you can switch the region you play on. In the launcher click on setting and there should be an option to switch between EU and US.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Huh, did anyone else notice that the Transfiguration Bauble isn't flagged as Consumable like a lot of other things are (on the PTS)?

Man, if all you ever need is one Bauble (per character, I guess), that would be so nice.

[speculation]It might be that it binds to one weapon model, allowing you to apply that model to any/all your weapons. Nice for when you have a model you really like and keep getting weapon upgrades. I would guess you need to buy additional baubles if you want different models.[/speculation]

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Sentinel - I know nothing about sentinel utilization.

Pretty much ST-only chloro with way better tank CDs. Slightly more bursty and their big CD, Healer's Covenant can easily be picked up by the puri. Only encounters in SL I have used sent are Gelidra when we had a chloro missing, Twins during progression when we needed 2 tank healers per side and Jultharin (sp? 3rd boss in TDQ) because it is easy to keep the tank/myself up while running around and being the assist target for the wisps.

I am not aware of any raid encounters where sent is a good replacement for a chloro, but they can be a good partner for the chloro if the tank is taking a lot of constant damage. I hate that RIFT does not let you efficiently double up on most healing specs, especially tank healing specs on a single tank. Chloros can't double up due to synth, two sents can't LoR the same tank, puri shields don't stack. Warden is pretty much the only spec that can efficiently be stacked.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

If you just use clerics as healers, 3 should be fine. Maybe 4 for Crucia. 1 Warden (2 when learning Crucia), 1 Puri, 1 Defiler works fine for most if not all fights. We usually run 4-5 and one is our main tank and another is usually DPS.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

As I understand it, with Rex you do not receive the loyalty until you apply the credits to your account, so whoever uses it, not who buys it, gets the loyalty.

I was under the impression that the REX buyer gets a little loyalty too. This whole loyalty thing has me confused, I wish a CM/Dev would post an official in-depth guide to it.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

Apparently not, if a mad goon posting on the rift forums about it a few days ago is to be believed: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/369796-buying-rex-granting-no-loyalty-you-serious.html

I guess it only gives loyalty to the end user then. In that case, it seems much more efficient to buy credits directly and then gifting items to people for plat. They don't have to drop 1000p to buy a whole REX and you get loyalty and more credits/$ to sell to people. Patron store discount probably required to compete with other sellers.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

So my guild finally got the first boss in GA down on Thursday and the BIS cleric tank belt dropped. The other cleric didn't want it so now in my tank set I have 300 toughness, a bunch of blues + several of my DPS purples/oranges and the BIS tank belt to taunt our cleric MT with because he wasn't able to get on that night.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

kzin602 posted:

How worth it are the Storm Legion souls? I am currently playing a Warrior and a Cleric and I am not seeing any recommended leveling builds that use SL souls. Are they better for endgame or is it a bias because fewer people have access to those souls?

Personally I recommend Defiler with some Cabalist sub for soloing. It does not have great single target dps but it has great aoe and survivability.

Harbinger for mages is also a good leveling spec.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ninkobei posted:

Best case is probably turkey day/christmas. Likely not until 3.0 though.

I would hope they don't release the next expansion that soon, we haven't even gotten all of SL-T2 yet. I would hope 3.0 is not out until the first half of 2014 at the earliest. I want to be able to easily PUG Reggie on alts before the next expansion, like with ROS/GSB.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

^^^^
At least add some letters with accent marks or something.

Countdown to removal of hedge maze 2.0 has started.

Machai fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 11, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Any EU goons on Zaviel want some free stuff? I am grabbing my extra EU rewards on Saintnick and will trade away anything other than loyalty/soulbound stuff.

currently in possession of:
3x [The Shambling Twig]
3x [Halifax's Herbal Supplement]
1x [Deep's Lockbox Key]

artifacts:
[Fairwind's Ship Bell]
[Caught Reciting Poetry]

Machai fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 26, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Vafthrudnir posted:

The summerfest scavenger quests are tedious beyond belief. I understand what they were trying to do with them, but boy am I glad MMOs moved away from this quest design of "Here's a vague clue about what you need to do. Now wander aimlessly for hours trying to find it.". Maybe I'm getting too old for this.

Sure, send em to Zualya. If anyone is on Faeblight I can send my crap too.

I'm on Faeblight. Name is Bobdol. We can just trade then :)

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

cross-post from the "Smile Everybody" photoshop thread.

Why does Crucia never smile. She always sounds so smug.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

lsp posted:

I always thought that was Queen Miela, if that's Crucia, they look pretty similar

:ughh: Crucia took control of Miela, just like Regulos took control of whats-his-face (in the Guardian starting quests) and had a human form. So basically Miela IS Crucia

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

:toot::dance:!!!REGGIE DOWN!!!:dance::toot:

And we finally got a ranged rogue DPS relic.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Kalert, it's not really a buff bar mod so much as an alert system that lets you place icons when buffs are on certain targets.

I made one that puts the message "RUN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" In HUGE letters on your screen when you have the debuff that damages you when you don't move on the GA trash. I shared it with my GA group. Before that I was just calling out who had the debuff on vent and it didn't work too well. Now we hardly die to it. Thanks Karuul Alerts!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Would be up for TDQ tonight on Bobdol@faeblight. Can heal or DPS, and I have the gear for tanking but haven't ever done it. Sunday is GA though after 10EST.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

5x 26000 is a pretty big number.

Surely you mean 6x?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Oraculum Animi posted:

There was more to it than raiding with that other guild, there was an influx of people who wanted to join the guild but couldn't because the shard was locked. The three reasons we went to Three Springs, from what I heard and from most important to least, were accepting people to the guild, to raid with the other guild, and to escape from Seastone.

Wait, you guys are on 3S not DW? Dang, I would have liked to PUG with you guys occasionally.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Keshik posted:

Guess who did a pug GA, killed Kaliban and Kyzan, and got a shiny new pair of shoes?

This guy.

This guy?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I specifically remember some Trion employee stating that the gifting function was not intended to be used to sell items for plat and they would not help you if you got scammed during such a transaction.

e: Here we go. Daglar PM'd this to someone:

quote:

There will be zero enforcement on Trion's end regarding users failing to pay platinum for the gifted items, and zero support given for people that fail to send the gifted item.

That is a buyer beware situation.

~Daglar

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kreczor posted:

After the conversation with several goons, the guy went on a tangent about never trusting Goon Squad again in crossevents. Good luck!

Drop guild, scam, re-join guild. Or if rings are BOA not BOP, just use an alt.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Keshik posted:

Buy a swimsuit while you still can!

Are they really only available for a limited time? As long as you have the currency saved up all regular seasonal items are available year-round, you just can't get the currency outside of the season. Swimsuits are bout with credits though so I assumed it was a new premium costume item that they introduced during the appropriate season.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

this decision which has 0 impact on the actual game itself.

Not true, people will spend less time sheeped in-game due to this decision.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

e: ^^^ True. If you could not purchase it normally due to rep/rank etc instead of just insufficient currency, you can not purchase it with credits.

SlayVus posted:

Does this included Deeps' Lock Boxes or just Crucia's?

Deep's is Crucia's now.

quote:

* Deep's Supply Crates have been replaced with Crucia's Supply Crates!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

SlayVus posted:

It says that under the "for the Rift Store" part of the update. Maybe Deeps' still drop in-game? There are definitely Deeps' lockboxes on the AH still.

Also doesn't answer whether or not you only get Relic gear from Relic boxes.

Then I would assume no. If they were not just outright replaced, it is probably so the boxes dropped previously don't give the new stuff so we don't get flooded with them. I suspect either Crucia's now drops randomly in the world in place of Deep's or they decided to differentiate the two so now Crucia's is store only and Deep's is drop only. If they went with the latter, it makes sense that the ones bought with real money give better loot to incentivize buying them with real money.

As for relic boxes only dropping relic gear, they say they removed rare(blue) quality which would mean they still drop epic(purple) in addition to relic level gear.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Does this mean that Crucia runs the store :tinfoil:.

You're helping her pay for a new body! (Or is that more of a Laethys thing)

Nah some enterprising person took her big stash of stuff after we killed her and is selling it off.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Rianeva posted:

I thought her HP locked at 10%.

It does not lock @ 10%, but once she teleports, she is immune to damage until she has done transforming iirc. You would have to burn through 10% HP in like a second before she ports. I forget if she interrupts her big AOE channel to port if she hits 10% during it, maybe you could time it for that and burn her during those few seconds.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

StumblyWumbly posted:

I'd go with cleric if healing is your thing, it has 4 healing souls, mages only have 1. For souls, there's preset tracks you can go on now, which are pretty good, fine for levelling but not optimal.

According to the whiney clerics on the official forums, you should go mage for healing because chloro > all clerics at every type of healing (not really) and clerics are just there for puri support (which is no longer a thing as of this week) and various tank cooldowns. Also Necro is apparently better than Defiler at links (lol).

But in all seriousness, clerics have a wider range of healing specs/options than mages and mages lack a wack-a-mole healing spec (although most cleric healing in raids is non-WAM as well, I have not looked too closely at the new puri yet though). Clerics are also great at the start of a new raid tier due to having much better/more cooldowns than chloro as well as having a burst-heavy AOE healing spec. My guild tends to back off of cleric healing a little once we get things on farm and the 1-2 chloros can handle stuff more on their own.

Having been a chloro pre-SL and a cleric healer (mostly defiler though) in SL, I find cleric healing more active and fun than chloro. A lot of cleric healing specs work best when you know the fight and can actively predict who will need heals when, whereas chloro is more reactive (at least tank healing is).

From what I can remember while healing in WoW, the closest thing to a Holy priest is Sentinel which is not used much in raids. Disc is similar to Puri in that they are both shield healers, but now Puri seems to be much more focused on tank healing with an awesome AOE cooldown or two. Chloro is a little like a Shadow Priest but less focus on DPS and more on healing. Warden is the big aoe healer that uses a lot of HoTs, so I guess I would say it is like a druid/shaman combo.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

GA is pretty much dependent on having 2 cleric healers and probably a cleric tank on your roster.

We went ahead and said "gently caress it, lets bring our two best chloros, the defiler, the puri, our third-string warrior tank (who is DPS in all 20-man fights requiring only two tanks), the bard/tact and a mix of our high and mid tier non-warrior DPS".

The second group is our third best chloro, two main tanks (cleric and rogue), 1-2 clerics (group one took three out of like five guild clerics) neither of which has much if any defiler experience and like one that actually heals regularly, the archon(?), warrior DPS (mostly melee) and crazy rogue DPS that prefers melee. I wish group two luck in having enough purges for Kyzan (we have two marksman and two inquisitors).

Group one will be trying Salvarola with our third/fourth tier tanks, warrior and rogue respectively, and maybe having the top cleric DPS (also generally the top DPS of the group) tank in place of the warrior (who can probably do comparable DPS, I have not run DPS meters in forever). For heals we will have or two best chloros to choose from as well as the defiler and the puri. Sounds like fun.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Defilers can build a spec for purging

61 Defiler / 12 Inquisitor / 3 Sent or 3 Puri (spell power vs sign of wrath)

I use this on kyzan and goloch regularly.

We don't run Defiler on Kyzan, I just run 61inq/15def to help cleanse. For Goloch we have plenty of purges so I just run my 61def/10cab/5inq. In fact, that is the only Defiler spec I ever use. In 20s we always have plenty of purges and stuff and I only have to throw heals at the tanks occasionally because we have some excellent tank healers.

The only time I am not doing all out dps as Defiler is during Crucia (robot then help spot heal /cleanse in last phase) and Reggi.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Started leveling my mage up to 60 and transferred her to DW to hang out with goons. Requesting an invite on Machaia

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

PALADIN
* Face Slam: Now has a 20m range.

PALADIN
* Putting points into this soul now turns you into a giraffe.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

yeah. me and a friend force queued archive today (he needs death toll) as usual, and when we did a random and got archive we were both kicked out due to instance locks.

Whelp, I guess I won't be bothering with experts for a little while. That sounds terrible.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Try a re-install.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

KaneTW posted:

The SL Zoness become much harder than the present SL stuff.

Are you trying to tell us Zoness has a boner or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I swear I remember patch notes either right before or sometime since the expansion where mobs in old zones had lowered aggro range but it went back to normal the higher in level you went. I think by 50 it is back to normal.

• Locked thread