Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Priam
Jun 27, 2004

shut up gelly posted:

cool so we're behind every other class again

gently caress this game

Stanley Pain posted:

Warriors are the new rogues, in so much as crying about "being the worst class".

I hate saying this but if you want to play melee (in pvp) you're better off playing sin right now, and especially after the patch. With decent I can pull ~700k-1M damage in a WF no problem while out of stealth a large majority of the game and have no issues out damaging everyone but warlord warriors w/"broken" crystals, in terms of dps and sustained, in every game while queuing solo. Geared sins are really, really good right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Priam
Jun 27, 2004

vandiar posted:

I kind of lost hope for PvP when they started making all those weird changes like 5 or 6 months ago with healing and TTK and it's been just going downhill since then. Rift PvP needs a lot of attention and with the way things are now it just will never happen :(

High TTK is boring and no one wants to play PVP like that, which is why it's where it's at now. The gameplay has to be great (it isn't, it's fun, but not great) and extremely high TTK fucks over objective based warfronts anyway, since players on opposing teams need to be killed to cap points/return stones/whatever else, and if all of the people whining about "high TTK" got their way, the first team to cap whatever point would hold it for the duration of the match, and objective based warfronts would effectively be dead.

Mana pools/regeneration is already ridiculous and there are few counters to that (which hardly anyone plays, like dom), if TTK was higher no one would ever die as long as you stacked 3 or 4 decent healing souls on your team.

Priam
Jun 27, 2004

Datasmurf posted:

Still looking for a good ranged rogue spec for PvP. Mostly playing conquest.

I mainly play sin but I play sab in conquest. This is my current build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMjMwlRqekqRqkgtkvg0Vvh

I'm p90 so my damage is pretty good, so I don't know how it'll work at lower rank w/freelancer gear, but it's a pure aoe dps build with the assumption I'll have solid heals behind me in a cq premade or maybe if I run it in scion. I played around with 54 sab/22 sin builds for more poison damage but I didn't care for them at all.

I have a stream up at twitch.tv/sinecru and if you go through my past broadcasts you might be able to find a few scion games with my sab build in it from last week, since I don't think I've played sin in scion at all in the past week. I might cut a highlight video of the build in scion and edit this post with it if I have the time later on.

edit; here you go, this is from sometime last week

http://www.twitch.tv/sinecru/c/3129428

Game is 20 minutes long but I did 2.95 million damage so there's lots of big numbers everywhere.

Priam fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 23, 2013

Priam
Jun 27, 2004

oneof3steves posted:

You can make different sets in Kalert and then macro the command to swap sets/spec/gear:
/loadequip 1
/kalert set=1
/role 1

shut up gelly posted:

roles is a really good addon for this as it lets you designate items to replace as well, allowing you to put a synergy crystal on based on the role. this way you have fewer loadequips to update when you get new gear.

Yeah I would just suggesting getting the roles addon. You can add custom macro text to swap karuulalert sets when you change your roles and it'll let you switch between two different gear sets for the same role if you want (for pve and pvp, or other reasons). It also makes managing and remembering which equipment set is tied to which character since it's listed in the roles addon for each role, meaning you don't have to go back through your macro list and check.

Priam
Jun 27, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

Has anything interesting been added in the last couple of months? Have they at all bothered with making PVP more fun and less grindy? I don't care about PVE/RAID stuff at all.

Edit: Just looked on the RIFT PVP forums :negative: and was honestly surprised to see the majority of people saying that PVP is dead and buried which is quite the change. So that answer that.

Trion just doesn't care. They've continually poo poo on their PVP player base even though from what I can tell it has actually grown considerably since the steam release. A few of the devs seem to hold a pretty strong grudge towards pvp in general so I don't think they have any interest in adding new content at all even though it's pretty obvious to everyone that constantly neglecting the PVP aspect of Rift for a very long period of time has been bad for business because a lot of people who have been around for awhile are getting fed up and quitting. It's still fun, but don't expect them to add any new content at all for PVP in the future.

• Locked thread