Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

This is second hand information, Amory was talking directly to them but:
- They didn't want to move shards because they are pubbies.
- They had a person or two leave because the guild did not want to do sign ups.
- They are no longer using sign ups and will invite on a whim. (So I am guessing that maybe 3 or 4 of us will get into the raids, the ones that can fill important spots like MT/OT and Heals)
- They may stop doing 20 mans altogether.

Oh, nice. It would be pretty hilarious if we moved to raid with them and then they stopped raiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kreczor posted:

It doesn't state "GA" or any raid for that matter, just that it's "Farm Night" so I signed up.

I meant GG, as in Generally Good. Whoops.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Oh god, gonna have to re-learn fights.

So no more stacking on the pillar? Lame.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

I spoke to stay yesterday, he said they aren't doing signups anymore.

drat it! I only ever got into one of them due to timing issues, but I was looking forward to a few runs that actually killed bosses.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Ditto, some fucks decided RAID 0 was just fine for production, gonna be a long night.

Oops. Sorry you work with an idiot.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Whoa, what does that @gtae modifier do? Can you seriously target ground spells like Circle of Oblivion automatically with that?

Looks like it. I never knew about this, and my life is about to change.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

I've only been gushing over @gtae a million times since 2.3 and no one seems to understand the importance.

For mages it's only really useful for Archon and Dominator. Maybe you are gushing over it with mages who never play those specs? Alternatively (and more likely) they are stupid.

I wish I'd seen this before... placing Lava Field is annoying as gently caress on some fights (like Artifex, the grating always hosed with it for me).

lsp posted:

On macros where I may not always have a target selected I put a line underneath the gtae part so it looks like:

cast @gtae spell
cast spell

I do this for most macro that uses any of the target modifiers. It's really nice to be able to use the same macro for quick `@mouseoverui` crap, or to let it pass-through my target if I just want that.

necrotic fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 20, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Look at this pyro noob.

I'm learning, at least. I was a pretty consistent 14k last night, which is new for me.

lsp posted:

Here's the current collection of Mage changes in testing on the pts:

Hot drat those look like some pretty good changes.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

Xodi may be coming back to this game.

He's in gchat right now so I guess that means he's back?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

I just love their reaction. I don't think they expected anyone to make something that impressive so quickly.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

KaneTW posted:

Mage tank.

Mage tank mage tank mage tank mage tank.

This can't come soon enough. This really can't

I never thought trion could make me this happy.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Black Pants posted:

Um... I don't understand... :psyduck:

Rift has some of the best graphical glitches.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

StumblyWumbly posted:

Usually it's been just show up and be in mumble at game time, have 420 hit, folks get invited.

Yup. Be on mumble/in-game before 5:55 server time. You have a better chance of getting in if you're already on mumble, or at least that's how it was in the past.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

I'm not sure about Withering Vine's interaction with veils but it has its own built-in heal.

IANAC, but I'm pretty sure you toss it up if there is >1 target you can apply it to. It's life damage, so it does tick LGV/LBV, but I don't think the heals from that part are all that significant. But having it up on a few targets can be a couple hundred more HPS.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Withering is a decent heal, mine ticks for 500-600. So if it is up on 3 targets, that's 1500 for the raid. The issue is more using cooldowns and switching targets to apply it. As a tank healing chloro, you just don't have the GCD's to waste with some of the content. Tanks get blasted very quickly.

Yeah, I always used it as a supplement when AOE healing, and never during big damage phases (unless I can manage to get them up before the phase starts).

shut up gelly posted:

i wont be on for a couple of days - a very close friend of mine died this morning. i will be flying out tonight to attend her funeral and taking some personal time, and probably wont be back until july 8.

Sorry to hear that :(

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Oh god, does this mean I don't have to look at a stupid Lightning Blade all day and can finally see my weapon when I'm not Harbinger? :woop:

Yes, yes it does. So happy for this.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

This is terrible news.

Unless Lightning Blade is still 0pt and hasn't been changed at all then whatever.

Lightning Blade is still in. It's an alternative for when you're not using slash attacks.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Really Stampy? REALLY?

Has Stampy ever archoned?

roboticbears posted:

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Anybody willing to take a crack at the other 3 (specifically regarding the max level content)?

To correct Stampy on one small thing: 61 archon is only useful in very specific circumstances (I don't ever run it anymore). 51/25 Pyro is the go-to and does solid DPS on top of providing all of the useful Archon stuff. Crucia requires a slightly different spec (58 Archon / x dom, I forget the exact spec) that helps a lot. And if you have a BM you can go like 40 archon/36 pyro (i think that's it, I can't look at mine right now) and do competitive DPS while playing off of the BM's support additions.

I can't really comment on Storm Caller outside of saying it's rarely used as more than a sub-soul, and I only use it with my soloing spec for the 8-target forked lightning.

Necromancer is dead, but can be fun (who doesn't love zombies?). Just don't expect to do competitive DPS with it.

Elementalist is good if you are super lazy and want to mash a single button. But, again, a little lower on the DPS side of things. You get a pet, though.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kreczor posted:

No kidding!
Yesterday on Three Springs there was an event in Silverwood where you had to kill 200 invaders. Nothing in the event description said "close rifts." You can guess what happened: We closed every single rift despite some angry nerd yelling at us the whole time.

It owned.

What kind of world do we live in where Kreczor can make a good post?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I'm at just the right height when I set behind Hedo now.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bonapartisan posted:

Seems so. Cluster 2 worst cluster.

agreed

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Coolwhoami posted:

Also noting that Hailol currently has a queue of 83.

And it's still a recommended server, haha.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

I love those red boots :swoon:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

d3k0y posted:

Now that you guys are off my server (threesprings) what do you guys typically do for money? Most of what I have, ~500 plat, was earned reselling on the AH. Most of what was specifically reselling the Deeps' Lockboxes and Keys.

Do the shinies scratch off game and shell artifacts, too.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

shut up gelly posted:

did team yolo try kaliban this week? it's probably easier with one tank and a good ranged dps on boulders. and how did goonraiding go?

Yeah, we killed Kaliban fairly painlessly.

We did FT and got up to the twins. Tonight we're going to try some EE.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

I didn't avoid all of the trash, *buys soulwalk, proceeds to run into trash* :haw:

In your defense that's what most of us did at least once.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

WYA posted:

So having bought time and played at release will they give me cool poo poo now that it's free to play? I have 1000 credits, whatever that means.

Push the ] key, you can use your credits there.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

WYA posted:

The goon squad is on deepwood? A PvE server? Bleh... are there at least open world pvp zones?

No. We don't want a PvP server because of how much it fucks with the open world content.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Overture posted:

Apparently I've got too much coin for my level (20) to be able to transfer. What the hell is that? Because I sold REX for platinum I can't transfer? Isn't that not only allowed, but encouraged by Trion?

I think there is a platinum limit for transferring on sub-50 accounts?

Less than 3 plat per level (up to 40).

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

WYA posted:

Is there a mumble that people use? I tried the one in the op but noone was there

Unfortunately most people don't seem to use it. We use it for raids, at least (which is happening tonight at 6 server!)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Off to a great start!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Good raiding tonight. Killed Progenitor and Kain, then found out we could get into FT so we killed the twins. Good job, everyone!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bussamove posted:

You had one job Mandulis. One job.

Seriously though, three bosses that most of the raid (including me!) hadn't seen before is really good, especially with no loot getting sharded because no one needed it. Also the super-happy-fun attempt at Crucia bodes well, I'll have to spec into Archon/Dom for Arresting Presence on that to make it a bit easier.

Run this. You want the mana drain 3rd phase (first one where you actually fight Crucia). And then, of course, the AP for the turrets.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kreczor posted:

I believe it was, 3 clerics, 4 warriors, 7-8 mages, ~5 rogues.

Mind you, Vandee is supposed to be a warrior but switched due to the low amount of clerics.

Hint: we need clerics.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Drythe posted:

What do we need clerics as? Healers?

Yup. Clerics usually handle AOE heals, and defiler is amazing for support in some fights (like say... Crucia).

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

roboticbears posted:

Cleric healing is all traditional raid frame whack-a-mole, right? Excepting Defiler, which you run at most one of?

I don't play cleric so I'm not 100% sure, but I if you're AOE healing I don't think there's any "raid frame" whack-a-mole, its all cooldowns/spam buttons (and dots). ST healing is probably mostly done through targeting the tank and smashing your heal buttons.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

AP is so OP for some fights (Azhrius comes to mind).

Basically. I think (and I am not a good rift theory crafter) that 58/18 and 51/25 are the important archon specs to have around (with 51 winning if you don't have space for 58). If you archon a lot get the 40/36 for use with Beastmaster's, otherwise its useless.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

I seem to have run into a bug,

Good news! I can replicate it!

(Hi Murven, nice flowers)

Haha oh wow. And I thought my blue bhami with a white-as-gently caress face was creepy.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
So we're going to kill all of the farm bosses tonight, yeah? Right? One shots all the way home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kreczor posted:

Yep, I hope my internet doesn't poo poo itself!

I bet it only does that in GA.

• Locked thread