Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
So because I am dumb and confused, in order to post items on the auction house, you either have to had played before and received some loyalty as a result, or if you are new ie f2p scum like me, buy any points package (because the conversion ration is 1 point:2 loyalty). Have I got this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
This is second hand information, Amory was talking directly to them but:
- They didn't want to move shards because they are pubbies.
- They had a person or two leave because the guild did not want to do sign ups.
- They are no longer using sign ups and will invite on a whim. (So I am guessing that maybe 3 or 4 of us will get into the raids, the ones that can fill important spots like MT/OT and Heals)
- They may stop doing 20 mans altogether.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Coolwhoami posted:

So because I am dumb and confused, in order to post items on the auction house, you either have to had played before and received some loyalty as a result, or if you are new ie f2p scum like me, buy any points package (because the conversion ration is 1 point:2 loyalty). Have I got this right?

I think they changed it so that you can just register and verify your email to be able to AH.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Login servers taking a hit? I get to 75% and it won't connect.

Edit: Oops, didn't see this: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/news-announcements/366798-upcoming-na-region-update-8-00-am-pdt-6-19-13-a.html

3 hour maintenance for upgrades.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 19, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

This is second hand information, Amory was talking directly to them but:
- They didn't want to move shards because they are pubbies.
- They had a person or two leave because the guild did not want to do sign ups.
- They are no longer using sign ups and will invite on a whim. (So I am guessing that maybe 3 or 4 of us will get into the raids, the ones that can fill important spots like MT/OT and Heals)
- They may stop doing 20 mans altogether.

Oh, nice. It would be pretty hilarious if we moved to raid with them and then they stopped raiding.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about being compared to Roughraptors, but he's not the worst person to be compared to at least!

Also confirming that Kyzan is a nuts-hard dps check :smith:.

You could be like Dragongem and have only Crucia downed in FT :v:.

woah woah woah. you will never be as horrible as roughraptors.

also what's the tank damage like on kyzan? while we do have strong dps in our t2 10man group i feel like the 6-8k dps i can pull as vk would be useful.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Krabkolash posted:

* You will no longer have to open up the Rift store and manually claim the Account Functionality Extension; the moment your account acquires enough loyalty to unlock the extension it will be applied to your account!

What's up with all these sensible changes? :argh: I loved explaining to 15 people a day why can't they use the AH, Trion!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

I signed up for the GA raid now that we've moved, but I'm not sure of the "official" plan. I'd be down for GA (and I would actually be online at form-up time)

The Generally Good guild has signups, and we've been raiding with them.

It doesn't state "GA" or any raid for that matter, just that it's "Farm Night" so I signed up.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

get out posted:

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2012/11/25/storm-legion-cleric-leveling-guide-the-energizer/

I'm using this spec to level my Cleric. I'm 26 and melting through the game, but pre-50 questing and IA's are pretty dull. Is there a faster way to level up? Is there power leveling in this game?

I wish there were more leveling guides like that because that's fantastic.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I wish there were more leveling guides like that because that's fantastic.

It's seriously the most fun thing. All I do is DOT everything, let it come to me, and AOE them all down.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

get out posted:

It's seriously the most fun thing. All I do is DOT everything, let it come to me, and AOE them all down.

I'm running this guide as well, it works very well even at low levels, and you never have downtime which owns.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
They added another 30 minutes to the estimated downtime for continuing hardware upgrades.

Edit: :siren: Servers coming back online.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 19, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kreczor posted:

It doesn't state "GA" or any raid for that matter, just that it's "Farm Night" so I signed up.

I meant GG, as in Generally Good. Whoops.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I really wish I'd reserved my character names on more servers back at launch... 4 of the 5 I've been using in Rift are taken on the new server...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That energizer guide is very well written. I made the spec on my level 60 cleric (Since i am desperate for a non-pet solo'ing spec) and wasn't that impressed with it, but it might do very well at low-mid levels. You will definitely want to try some different things once you reach the storm legion areas.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

That energizer guide is very well written. I made the spec on my level 60 cleric (Since i am desperate for a non-pet solo'ing spec) and wasn't that impressed with it, but it might do very well at low-mid levels. You will definitely want to try some different things once you reach the storm legion areas.

Once you have gear 60shaman/16justicar wrecks everything so fast that it's almost too fast. You essentially follow a regular 61 shaman build but use even justice/reckoning as your non-physical attacks.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Once you have gear 60shaman/16justicar wrecks everything so fast that it's almost too fast. You essentially follow a regular 61 shaman build but use even justice/reckoning as your non-physical attacks.

But you lose furious assault :qq:.

Even justice is definitely really nice though, probably worth taking over furious assault for soloing.

77 points please trion ahmahgerd.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

But you lose furious assault :qq:.

Even justice is definitely really nice though, probably worth taking over furious assault for soloing.

77 points please trion ahmahgerd.

We have butteloads of roles now, deal with it.

Also:

quote:

UNHALLOWED BONE FORGE
* Necrotic Throne: Blood Torrent fires at more locations.

Oh god, gonna have to re-learn fights.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

So no more stacking on the pillar? Lame.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
The Black Garden Domination change sure as hell happened fast. There must have been a ton of bitching about it, since I submitted feedback suggesting a drop to 500 last night.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah I think it was a general opinion, and since it's basically changing a variable, there's no reason to not change it super soon.

Unless they're assholes, but TRION seems pretty cool about listening to its players.

Edit: I still think the map needs an extra, secondary, objective. Like a flag that you need to carry to a base (like EOTS, if you played WoW), just to make it more interesting.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Posting for an invite, I'm in as Branstormer.

Edit: Got it, thanks.

Meat Wagon fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 20, 2013

lord hobo
Mar 7, 2010

Also posting for an invite as Romtor

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

boho posted:

The Black Garden Domination change sure as hell happened fast. There must have been a ton of bitching about it, since I submitted feedback suggesting a drop to 500 last night.

When Daglar originally talked about them, he said 500 points. The 1000 was actually a gently caress up.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
BG Domination is such a dumb mode. Whoo 2 control points, get a lead and camp one point~~

Unless there's like an incentive to attack points when you're ahead. I'm assuming point scoring follows how it goes on codex.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

necrotic posted:

Thank gently caress. That was incredibly annoying.

I signed up for the GA raid now that we've moved, but I'm not sure of the "official" plan. I'd be down for GA (and I would actually be online at form-up time)

The Generally Good guild has signups, and we've been raiding with them.

I spoke to stay yesterday, he said they aren't doing signups anymore.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Don't know how long it'll last but that inq/shaman/icar spec is wrecking poo poo in SL, and it's a lot less annoying to play than druidicar.

The single-target leaves something to be desired but it's no worse than druidicar I guess.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 19, 2013

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm interested in changing my UI around. I'd like something similar to TukUI for WoW. What does everyone use?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

I spoke to stay yesterday, he said they aren't doing signups anymore.

drat it! I only ever got into one of them due to timing issues, but I was looking forward to a few runs that actually killed bosses.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Don't know how long it'll last but that inq/shaman/icar spec is wrecking poo poo in SL, and it's a lot less annoying to play than druidicar.

The single-target leaves something to be desired but it's no worse than druidicar I guess.

It's not like any grind spec is better than 61 inquisitor for single target (for spike damage) anyway.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
All the talk about builds has me concerned.. are the prebuilt specs the game gives you that bad? Or are they just sub-optimal. I don't need to be the very best at what I'm doing, just competent enough to enjoy the questing content.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
invites should be caught up. if you didn't get one, bug royalsx ingame.

Midrena
May 2, 2009
Former players of Icewatch and Akala are getting tokens of appreciation for getting thrown off their servers:

... all former players of the Icewatch & Akala communities will receive the following within the next few weeks on all of their characters:
  • Title: “of Icewatch” or “of Akala”
  • Icewatch or Akala Regalia Wardrobe Set
  • +1000 Bonus Loyalty

Source: Rift forum

This is pretty cool of Trion. Thankfully I didn't have any ties to Icewatch (I was transferred there after my original launch server belly-flopped) so transferring off was no big deal, but I can understand others who've been there forever being peeved about having to move.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Amstrad posted:

All the talk about builds has me concerned.. are the prebuilt specs the game gives you that bad? Or are they just sub-optimal. I don't need to be the very best at what I'm doing, just competent enough to enjoy the questing content.

Don't worry about it. When you get to Storm Legion regions, then you 'might' have to worry about your build but for now, just enjoy the game.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Amstrad posted:

If all you want to do is progress, then the pre-mades are perfectly fine to 60. I'm just trying to use "3 button" specs so I can macro all of my abilities, gathering all enemies up, AOE them down, and continue on.

Edit: Pre 50, you can just pres butan. Nothing matters.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 19, 2013

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Amstrad posted:

Pre-mades work, but if you are willing to grab a guide off the forums (most are linked in the OP here) you can find questing builds that will be much, much easier.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

Son of a bitch. It was nice being able to finish Boneforge with pubbies while it lasted.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
My long journey to the land of durians and elephants is finally coming to an end, hooray. So with things the way they're looking with the GG guild, do we have enough 60s to start the dickslamming which is Goon Raiding again? If we do, once more unto the breach, dear friends.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

vandiar posted:

My long journey to the land of durians and elephants is finally coming to an end, hooray. So with things the way they're looking with the GG guild, do we have enough 60s to start the dickslamming which is Goon Raiding again? If we do, once more unto the breach, dear friends.

There are a LOT of 60s right now but most of them are either still gearing up to raid level are just barely up to 420. We can probably start it next week (which would be great since that GG situation looks pretty drat lovely), if we do a bit of an expert/crafted push (and people that go on said push don't quit literally the next day) then we should be able to pull some sort of a raid together then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I won't be able to make it tonight. Will try to be on tomorrow evening for GA.

• Locked thread