Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Bought a Wii U on impulse to catch back up on the Zeldas I have missed over the last 10 years. Ended up buying NES Remix 2 and am very happy with my purchase. That is my Wii U story v:shobon:v

You should check out DKC:Tropical Freeze, it's a great old-school platformer and really fun and challenging, and it runs at 60 fps which is more than can be said for most XB1/PS4 games. Too bad no one has a Wii U to play it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Your Friend posted:

my NNID is: knomess

Do NOT support the Wii U in this thread. This is a safe place for people to make armchair critic statements like "they need to put Mario on a phone". If you don't like that, go post on Miiverse.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I think Yoshi's New Island looks good visually ingame and in motion, most 3DS games look like total poo poo in screenshots - I thought ALBW looked like total garbage when I saw screenshots of it. That doesn't make up for the awful music though, but it at least looks like a better game than the Yoshis Island for DS that had baby wario or some bullshit

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

icantfindaname posted:

Lack of innovation in games has more to do with rising production budgets than financial support from a console. Especially considering basically no console besides the Wii in the 40 years they've existed has actually made money on its own rather than as a loss leader for game licensing. Nintendo's production budgets are already going up, this is why they're releasing fewer and fewer innovative titles as opposed to Mario Kart HD and Super Mario HD World

Essentially they either need to become a small indie-ish third party like Atlus or a big monolithic third party like Rockstar making GBS threads out extremely polished but unoriginal HD Mario games. I don't see any spot in the console market for them, unless they want to become a media conglomerate titan that can afford to have a loss leader console hanging about as they recoup the money from third party license fees and an army of second party studios.

Seems like you've got it all figured out!

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Fremry posted:

Nintendo will continue to be a company, there's just too much brand recognition and beloved IP for that to stop. However, that does not mean that Nintendo in 5-10 years is going to look anything like the Nintendo we've all known since 1985.

I think you're right about that, but comments like saying Nintendo "needs to become a small indie-ish third party like Atlus" are some of the most armchair critic comments I've read

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Astro7x posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5782230/wii-sports-club-bundle-release-date

Wii Sports Club is getting a US retail release on July 25th, eShop Release on June 26th. $40 for all 5 games.

Can't figure out if they strategy to releasing digital releases before retail releases (NES Remix, Super Luigi U, Wii Fit U, etc.). Is it because the game is done and they want to make it available ASAP, or are they delaying the retail release to get people to purchase on the eShop? Or both?

Just think.. if only they released Wii Sports on a phone, then they wouldn't have to go out of business..

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Crowbear posted:

Reggie is terrible and always has been. He's the meme-spouting PR mascot for a branch of the company with absolutely no autonomy. And a lot of Nintendo fans buy into it! I wish I could understand why. I don't think I've ever seen an interview with him where he didn't come off as a sleazy shyster.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Cyra posted:

Not at all. You get to select a free game after registering MK 8, I would suggest Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD. Then throw down for a copy of Super Mario 3D World, and congratulations, you've justified your purchase. I think you also get eShop credit with all this, too, so go buy Earthbound with it or something.

Just stick with a PC for everything else. Wii U is the only console you need.

this but get tropical freeze also if you like good games

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I'm guessing one of the announcements will be N64 games, and it will cost $2 for the privilege of playing them from two different menus on the same machine.

What are you doing in this thread? Because it clearly isn't "contributing".

lmfao

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

AdmiralViscen posted:

I have a PS4 and a Wii U and I have more PS4 games than Wii U games. Even excluding PS+ freebies.

I also don't understand people bashing PS4 for having games that are available running shittier on PS3 when Wii U is propped up with a bunch of HD rehashes of the same old Mario Kart/NSMB/Zelda/Pikmin.

what are you talking about. mario kart 8 and pikmin 3 are brand new games.

if you think there are more good ps4 games than wii u games then chances are you probably have poo poo taste in games my friend

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Nintendo is doomed. Thanks to all third-party companies abandoning them, it will be the only console where you cannot play Assassin's Creed: Unity, making it pretty much dead in the water. I think we can go ahead and lock this thread now.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Snacksmaniac posted:

LMAO nothing to show at E3 again Nintendo? Put Pokemon on iOS and get it over with.

i cant believe this is what people sincerely feel

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Once Target is scrambling to get rid of their excess Wii U stock and drops the price to sub-$150, then, and only then, should you buy a Wii U. As it stands right now, it's just a glorified N64 emulator and Nintendo fans eating up the same bullshit 30MB roms, only this time they're on a fancy disc in a blue case.

Sorry - I grew up with Mario and Zelda, too, but Watch_Dogs is where your money should be going.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Atomicated posted:

Is there any reason I should avoid getting the $200 refurbished Wii U?

You could go on Craig's list and find someone's used Gamecube for $15. That's $185 extra for you to spend on Watch_Dogs, Titanfall, Assassin's Creed, and every other great, next-gen game that you will not be able to find on Wii U.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Whats bullshit is that they didnt even show Assassins Creed Unity on Wii U

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
When Nintendo goes bankrupt, and Iwata and Miyamoto are left destitute, that's when I'll come back to this thread and mock all of the manchildren in here who are still defending Nintendo despite their sales numbers. I'll be having a blast playing the new Tom Clancy game with the Mobile Companion App, and you're still going to be posting in this thread after all this time, insisting that the new Animal Crossing game will save the console and how excited you are for Brain Age 5. Grow the gently caress up already and buy a PS4 like the rest of the adult world.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

Donkey Kong TF is just a poor man's rayman legends for over double the price though.

it's probably the best single player game on the console and better than the original DKC trilogy

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

So how long until they run out of guys and try to make 2014 versions of Candy Kong, Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong and other characters who have not appeared in a game in over a decade?

Also the one thing that bothered me about the Tropical Freeze is that they have voice actors but all they're speaking is gibberish when it's entirely possible to have characters like funky kong move their lips to form words. Like he's well animated and all but he sounds like a Japanese Edo Period Re-Enactor having a stroke. It just looks weird at this point because he's speaking in full english text in the speech bubble. I mean they spent money to hire VA's already why not just have them say full on words since they're writing those words out into a text bubble anyways.

what the gently caress do you want donkey kong to say? "Yahoo i got my bananas back!!"

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

SALT CURES HAM posted:

why do you want someone to post their dick in the wii u thread

why are you this loving broken

why is nobody calling you out on being a horribly broken shell of a man who gets incredibly angry and acts like a gay baby whenever someone disagrees with you over the wii u (oh wait it's because you're an Internet Cool Kid)

Everyone wants him to post his dick. The only one "broken",in this thread,are those who don't currently own a Wii U,but post and check this thread every day to see if Nintendo is bank rupt yet.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
it came out from a rareware guy that DK64 was really poorly coded and optimized and the only reason it requires the expansion pak is that it literally would not run stable without it and there were constant bugs and crashes. all that aside, DK64 is a really bad game and is easily the worst of the "collectathon" games and this is coming from a really big donkey kong and rareware fan

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Very funny. Can we get back to serious discussion already?

I love Nintendo, I think the games on the "Wii U" are great and look fun as hell to play, but they are not selling well and I think Nintendo will go out of business.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The WiiU is the second worst console in history (first being the god drat Xbone!) and if I were in charge of Nintendo I'd stop system production and become a third party dev because that is smart.

Agreed.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Nintendo

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
there are people on this site who are REALLY upset they cant make serious posts about how nintendo needs to go indie and develop mario for windows phone anymore

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

What amiibos are you guys looking forward to?

Donkey kong

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Cant wait to frag noobies online on Assasins creed.. oh wait you guys wont be playing that on your preschooler toy will you? LOL....Add my PlayStation Network ID when you grow some balls.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

fivegears4reverse posted:

but you cant voice chat in mario kart unless you've been added to other people's friend lists so how would you know anyone you played with was laughing

remember local multiplayer? "hey, that looks fun! pass me player two!" it turns out playing games on a couch with a bunch of your pals is a lot more fun than playing by yourself online talking into a lovely headset

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i acidentally double posted because the forums are really laggy oops

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Pc gaming is for virgin nerds.....

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Do people really have fun playing games like Diablo 3 and WoW at all

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Black Baby Goku posted:

kewpuh please no one posts there and it will never happen for me

you got it pal

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The_Frag_Man posted:

I can't tell if you are all being sarcastic or not. Are any of you guys seriously going to buy Amiibos?

yes

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
they're probably going to be impossible to find though b/c it's just going to be the same deal of some neckbeard going to the shop when they come out and buying all 200 of their stock or whatever to resell online

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
gently caress luigi.... this is the year of octodad

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
king k rool is going to be in the new smash brothers game on wii u and 3ds

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Nintendo is doomed to create mobile games for Windows Phone. Discuss.

• Locked thread