Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I almost impulse bought a Wii U because I have some downtime for the next 1.5 months and saw that there is a $300 bundle at Target with NSMBU, the Luigi add-on, and a $50 gift card which I could use toward the "buy 2, get 1" deal that ends today. When I couldn't find three other games that I was really excited about playing I decided to do some looking around and saw just how bleak the situation is. Yikes. I've played a lot of Nintendo in my life (Consoles and handhelds owned were NES, Genesis -> SNES, GB -> N64, GBC -> PS2, GC, Xbox, GBA, PSP, DS -> Wii, PS3, Vita -> PS4), but I've been so busy with my PS3, PS4, and Vita in the past few years that I hadn't fully realized just how bleak things were. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it makes the Vita look like a raging success.

E3 should be interesting. For their sake, I hope it is! I think Nintendo has enough in the bank to give home consoles one more try, but their antiquated business models (ostracizing third party for four console generations in a row, no accounts, and you can lose your digital purchases?) and reputation will make it difficult.

I was one click away from posting this in the wrong Wii U thread. That would have been bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

greatn posted:

I'd say get Nintendo Land, Wonderful 101, and Darksiders II, which would total to $80 because D2 is 20 and the other are 30. So after your gift card you'd pay $0 for all three (W101 30 + DS2 20, the third game free) or possibly $10 if the free game has to be equal in price to the lowest cost game.

So for $310 you'd have Super Mario U, Super Luigi U, Wonderful 101, Darksiders 2, and Nintendo Land, which is a fantastic deal.

The deal is already over, and I think I'll be fine to wait until some time in 2015 (if ever) to pick up a Wii U. If there are already deals as good as this now, then there will probably similar (or better) deals in the future and the games will be even cheaper. I think my niece could get a kick out of it, especially the game pad, so it might be good for a birthday present.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

How could I forget the synergistic effects with the original Wii thanks to all the momentum it had?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

Stop celebrating your own idiot postings.

His schtick can be annoying at times, but right now he is killing it. Just accept defeat.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Wow. Not even close. Not even the right hemisphere. Heck, not even the right sexuality.

I live in Sydney, dumbfuck.

Though I guess I can't expect all that much brainpower from someone who thought it would be a good idea to buy a WiiU.

Can a mod confirm at least hemisphere, maybe sexuality, via IP check please tia

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

TBH I'm kinda bored with MK8 after unlocking everything I kinda want an actual battle mode now.

That's pretty much the only big fault with the game rest is perfect.

Sorry you are bored with a game after spending dozens of hours on it

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

I've heard good things about Transistor as well.

I heard it was just ok.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

You can't play GameCube games on the Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Please post link to $5 deal for W101

• Locked thread