Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Yeah, because Nintendo always makes the best decisions (tripping, overall sluggishness of Brawl compared to Melee, WiiU, etc.). I'm guessing you're all in the subset of people who complained that MvC2 was "broken", unfair, blahblahblah, whinewhinewhine.

anyone who complained about balancing in MVC2 clearly did not have enough drunk buddies to play it with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Phantasium posted:

All multiplayer Nintendo games are fighting games eventually.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about, I love my Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment syste-:suicide:

What's really dumb is they're all just computers. I have a computer I use for games and entertainment. I call it a computer.

This is the same company that offered a meaningless "Day One" xbox achievement and "premium black packaging" (aka the loving box) as pre-order bonuses. They are not terribly creative.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Shockingly, did not check off "Looking for casual sex" at the bottom. A real missed opportunity.

But I guess for him, the sex would never be casual... he's all business. :kamina:

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 28, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Evolution may not be a linear march, but we can still recognise when something is a regression away from a fully erect, dignified, intelligent creature, to a stunted, fat, bottom feeding waste, and even if it is the best way to survive, its not a good thing.

:ironicat:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Hunt down = type username into Google and look at first page results. Durrrrrr

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

why would you want to associate yourself with fyad, and then go a step further and just steal someone else's ironic username instead of stringing one together out of fyad shitposts.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Shut up and play your children's toy, targeted at 5-11 year olds.

I don't know if you heard but Bayonetta 2 is coming out and I don't think the 5-11 demographic can legally purchase it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

lol @ you thinking of yourself as someone that "knows poo poo". And again with the strange sexual obsession. You seem disturbed, maybe get some help?

And maybe get in touch with reality, in regards to your favorite Nintendo rattle's market acceptance.

Dead or Alive 3 is a totally mature game for adults though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Heck of a lot more than the console that is explicitly marketed towards seven year olds.

Nonsense posted:

rename this thread The Satoru Iwata Strange Sexual Obsession Simulator

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Was it your mother's?

:eyepop:

Rated M for My Dick!!!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

People like Fame Douglas who argue about Nintendo being for babies: this is what you sound like

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

Pretty obvious they're going in the direction of a single portable console or something

The year is 2025. I am being injected intravenously with cocaine and adrenaline as Mario in 4800p is projected directly into my eyeballs, streaming from my WiiDeSU.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Handhelds are pretty much dead. And a device that can work as a hybrid while still generating acceptable graphics for big TVs is tough to make cheap, which is the main thing a new Nintendo handheld needs to be.

Nintendo is done, sooner rather than later if they sink a huge amount of money into some stupid qol piece of poo poo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

You're not telling the truth!

More bars = more enjoyment

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

What was that game Sony mentioned like seven times but never actually talked about? I recall a bunch of people complaining about it. Something ribbon??

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i would like noted forums user Fame Douglass to present hard market statistics proving the Wii U will never be fun or successful.

i want graphs, pie charts, the works. get on it

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc

this is your future, fame douglass.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

what was the original goal of this thread ive already forgotten.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i like nintendo because they make video games, not "social networking" consoles. PS4 and Microsoft are dominated by serious businessmen who only discuss profits and how to wring every single dollar of blood from a very big stone.

meanwhile nintendo is like hey! we're making more fun video games and instead of displaying unfinished concept art, we actually made the games before showing them to you, so you can play them! and have fun!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

you can hack the Wii hardware inside the Wii U so you can probably still play Project M on it and poo poo like that?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

netflix is my favorite video game. kinda dumb though, you can only press buttons every 30-60 minutes

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

the only game in the title i know anything about is octodad. i've never seen or played any of the others

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

in a just world, beast souls would be a Wii U exclusive because oh my god can you imagine the tidal wave of angry nerds, angrily buying wii us while cursing nintendo eternally, never playing any other wii u games out of bitter spite.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

yeah, but dark souls fans are like lv99 Sperglords who would collectively lose their fuckin minds

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Leyburn posted:

200 is too expensive.

get a job or get welfare

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

The DS came out in 2005, and the DSi came out in 2008. I'm more surprised they haven't refreshed the 3DS yet.

2DS. 3DS XL.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Try Phoenix Wright/Apollo/Edgeworth games, Professor Layton, SMT Devil Survivor 1 and 2, Animal Crossing, fuckin you name it

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

You should be playing Bad Rats on all devices

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

im going to wait until christmas so the first game i play on my wii u will be smash 4 :allears:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Department Heaven only made one really solid game and that was Riviera. The fanbase for their games is like five people.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Their biggest problem is that they have literally no idea how to trim the fat from their mechanics and present them in a straightforward way. Instead it's like 5 hours of needlessly convoluted mechanics explained incredibly poorly, and even for people who would otherwise enjoy the games that can be a huge turnoff. I finished Knights but when I tried to explain it to a friend who was having trouble everything I said came out sound like "floop the pig."

i would rather micromanage characters within a game (riviera) than micromanaging the game itself (knights)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

the wii u isn't in dire straits anymore. i assume if they sold 2 million copies of mario kart 8 then they must have sold 2 million wii us or something close to that, since hardly anybody had them before

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

kater posted:

I would never let anyone know I own a Wii U.

You literally just did.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I feel like there isn't much left that video games haven't already done. The bases have been covered in just about any bizarre genre imaginable.

There is literally a game for every person's tastes. If you're into FPS games or RPGs then you have a goddamn bounty of poo poo to play, a lot of it high quality.

Basically everyone likes a bunch of different stuff and that's not a bad thing. I just think gaming hit its peak and eventually we will hit a ceiling of quality where there's no way to improve the experience. Oculus Rift I guess?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

There are so many videogames that even if you were playing games 24/7, you could never play every good game in one human lifetime.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I remember playin Bayou Billy on my grandma's NES in my youth. Man that game sucked balls

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

An interesting side effect to the Wii-U not having a stable online infrastructure like PSN or Live which do security checks, you can get game enhancers to cheat at all the Wii-U games.

Or maybe you don't want to see just how powerful you can become in Wonderful 101? Or Mario Kart going beyond all maximum speeds.

yet the only wii u hack anyone has accomplished is changing the music in MK8

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Please keep this thread alive for when the next Nintendo home console comes out

WiiU2, sponsored by Jon Bon Jovi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I am pretty much counting the days until I can get a Wii U. I want everything it is offering

• Locked thread