Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

help why is my wii u bookmark now a list of pc indie games

i am bad at following funny jokes :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

Gaming ambrosia.
I had ambrosia once, it was kind of gross and had too many pieces of apple, but it had things I like in it. So maybe that was a good name cause I liked all the things in the Wii U but knew I wouldn't like to have one

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'm confused, is Mario Kart 8 the worst game or the best game? It sold the most but it also sold the least? Is this a new kind of quantum gaming?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Taint Reaper posted:

25 Mario games on a single 8 bit system can you imagine?
Would 7600 copies of the same Mario game count?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

BIRD WEEK UA sounds pretty awesome.
I dare you to watch an hour and a half of BIRD WEEK.

http://youtu.be/2s6cv7sdpQA

:pusheen:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Judging from the leaves changing colors I believe that the events in that game span more than one week. I am disappointed by this false advertising.
I take it as a pejorative, like "dutch treat" or something.

P.s. I tapped out at six minutes. I thought it had been more like twenty minutes. :smithcloud:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

J2DK posted:

Where's your PC?

Edit: Apparently we're all supposed to be playing smartphone/tablet games.
No, no, not you, you're not supposed to be playing smartphone games. Every less geeky person around you is who they're going after, and they probably will just play Candy Crush anyway because someone told them about it and they got addicted.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

J2DK posted:

who are you calling geeky
Sorry, but you are a poster on an Internet forum. That geeks you some whether you like it or not.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kewpuh posted:

i'm confused are you saying that you dont think splatoon doesnt look fun as hell?? :confused:
it looks fun as hell for 1997 and like much like kid friendly multiplayer online games from that year will probably be dead empty in two months

edit: my apologies, it was 1999 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf_Arena_Blast

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

whaley posted:

It looks exactly like a first person shooter that plays like Unreal Tournament. I agree. If the game was as manly as Warframe I would be all over it. Color is for freaking children.
Don't get me wrong, I like the gameplay concepts in Splatoon and I'd like it to succeed. But I doubt it will get the chance it deserves. Sorry if I swung a bit too hard with the snark.

And for what it's worth I think Warframe looks creepy and weird, and that's only the beginning of its problems.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PrBacterio posted:

You're no fun. Oh well. The rule that's used in the political cartoons thread in D&D for Kelly from the Onion, that "it's satire and that making people believe that it's serious has long since stopped being funny," should probably apply to P4RGaming too ... but I still can't help but crack a smile every time it happens.
If it hits close enough to fool people then they're doing their job. News and even journalism in general has annoyed me for so long in so many ways that I relish every time someone falls for the trap. Not even because I want to see people look foolish but because it proves what garbage the real stuff is.

p.s. open the blood gates :gibs:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hyrule Warriors is introducing a whole new segment of gamers to Musou games, discuss

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Edge gave Watch dogs an 8 out of 10.

Neither publications are very honorable~
What did they give GTA 5 and SR 4? Cause it's worse than either of those but it's hardly dumpster poo poo. Just worse than a lot of readily available alternatives.

Personally I would rate it slightly above "mediocre" but my standards are pretty goddamn lax. And trying to figure out what number is actually the middle is its own loving nightmare since people tend to see them like school grades or some dumb poo poo.

Monicro posted:

Why is this thread active again
reduce, reuse, recycle

what have you got against old dead threads anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PrBacterio posted:

What about anime titty game number three (Hyrule Warriors)?
lana is disturbingly doe-eyed, like almost painfully saccharine to look at

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I tried to find you some sales charts like requested but all I could find is this exclusive screenshot from Mario Kart 8

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/09/27/will-bayonetta-2s-weak-sales-prevent-nintendo-from.aspx

Looks good Nintendo, can't wait to play it!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Atoramos posted:

We live in a weird world when the WiiU mock thread turns around to talk about how awesome the system is, and the Xbone general discussion thread is only kept going by marveling at Microsoft's endless string of bad decisions. WiiU truly is the best console of the generation.
i think you're conflating system and games, nobody is talking about how much they love the gamepad and staring at that little screen for hours on end, or playing new games with the same lovely old wiimote, or collecting a hoard of NFC video game figurines

it just happens voice commands and the Kafkaesque policies of Microsoft are even worse

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I like the Gamepad concept but it seems rare to see anyone take advantage of it. Which is the general habit for all Nintendo's gimmicks, really. On the other hand they sure do love shoehorning horrible Kinect voice commands and gestures into Xbox games, so I guess the alternative isn't much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Austrian mook posted:

That's fine though? Some games take great advantage of it and game's where it wouldn't have any place leave it out. Do you want it shoehorned into everything?
But then what's the point? I have to buy the world's most expensive controller to play on the least expensive, least powerful new console, and then it's not even really that useful? Why can't I buy a Wii U for $150 and jam with my old remotes and maybe pick up a pro pad eventually?

• Locked thread