Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

There's a joke to be made here about the Wii, the Kinect, and the failures of the Xbox One...

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

WTF? The F-Zero game they let SEGA develop (the one for the NGC) was Wipeout-levels of loving incredible. Maybe even better than Wipeout tbh.
Wait, did Miyamoto seriously say Nintendo wasn't pleased with F-Zero GX? I have real trouble believing this.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

With the sales. That's a key thing there. Not the game. The sales. Neither game sold well. They sold significantly worse than their predecessors. F-Zero games sold less with each successive game.

Ok, that's a lot more believable. It would have been shocking to hear they felt GX was handled improperly as it was one of the best games for the console, and really one of the more original entries into the genre.

Saintv77 posted:

That quote was in the the gamecube original version too. At the time it was failing bad against the ps2 and Xbox, basically nintendo's darkest moment before the ds and wii came out. I remember thinking it was a lame defense when I first read it as well.

Now things come full circle with the Wii u rerelease.

I realize, it really is an incredible quote with 11 years foresight.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jeffrey posted:

the Wii is 2006's furby

I agree, and asked myself what I'd consider 2014's furby.

Then I remembered the XBone.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

We live in a weird world when the WiiU mock thread turns around to talk about how awesome the system is, and the Xbone general discussion thread is only kept going by marveling at Microsoft's endless string of bad decisions. WiiU truly is the best console of the generation.

• Locked thread