Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

slap me silly posted:

My black 'un has constantly had dandruff phases, it comes and goes. I was never able to figure out if there was anything in particular that triggered it.
either when it gets a lot warmer, or when it gets a lot colder (and you crank up the heating indoors) for my dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Horace-Noah posted:

:siren: Help name this dog! :siren:
This cool dude is coming home with me on Saturday!

His racing name was Mohican Rico Ron, but my partner and I aren't too fond of the name"Rico". It is pretty good, but we'd love some help coming up with cooler names.

Club house leader is currently "Pablo"

Will post more pictures in the future!
Archie

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yesterday I went to a local shelter and met the most timid, scared, pathetic little creature I've ever seen. His name is Dobby, he's a 1 year old whippet x lurcher, and he was handed in to a vet as a stray before the shelter picked him up.

I love him and I'm going to go back and get him this week.

Probably going to change the name though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You captured the exact moment your other dog realised greys are dumb as rocks :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

So we got the little dude

What is it with long dogs and weird sleeping positions?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Any chance he jumped up on the fence and caught his neck that way?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I appear to have adopted some kind of weird snake; please advise

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

Snek look sick; give many burgs :burger:

Congratulations on your new snake!
Fed burgs. It did... something :stare:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

Oh man, that dog knows he hit the jackpot if he's roachin' already. That is some serious chill right there :stare:

Diagnosis: Normal For Long Doggo (she’s actually a saluki/whippet mutt but that’s okay for this thread right guys :ohdear:)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

:bisonyes:

I love Taz so much :allears:
also this, I liked that photo on FB without even recognising who it was

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That’s some pro tier chillin’ right there

Bonnie has taken to digging the poo poo out of the back cushions of our couch (hence the duvet in the pic above)

Anything to be done, or just longdog working as intended, wontfix?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Both Bonnie and my last lurcher (and my bff’s greyhound) loving love a really hard ear rub, it’s like they go through life with itchy ears and I’m finally scratching it for them

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Happy Halloween Reese :3:

Bonnie went to a party last night as Wonder Woman. They don’t make costumes to fit her crazy saluki chest so we had to just throw it over her, but she still looked real cute :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Man, gently caress your fireworks in a built-up residential area

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Abby is a good dog. Agree it’s tough watching them get old. It does have its benefits though! Even when they get really up there in years (had a 16 year old lurcher until last year) there are occasional days where they act just like a puppy all silly and full of energy for the day, and those days are among the most memorable you’ll ever have with them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sidney used to stare at me while I worked except being old as balls he would only last a couple of minutes before falling asleep :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

trapped under snek. do not send help

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress dude, I’m sorry to hear that :(

Chevy looked like a real good doggo. Seems like you gave him a long and happy retirement

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie wishes you all a, um...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

even having owned two im still not sure if long doggos are real

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A muffin tin and a dozen tennis balls are a great puzzle

E: until your dog figures out it’s quicker to just tip the whole thing over. Fortunately Bonnie is dumb as a sack of rocks :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like how josie has to run away ever so slightly before she eats the food :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie was initially REAL scared on walks. We bought a 10 meter lead and gave her some space to wander about and get away from us a bit. It was like night and day. She was way more relaxed - probably because she felt like she wasn’t so trapped if a scary thing happened.

(Obviously this is a solution for parks and not walking around the block)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

We call that teeth-out, folded front legs pose “the T-Rex” in our house :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

post your t-rexes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

skoolmunkee posted:

She loves snoozing on her back. She'll always start out curled up in a dignified way but usually before long, it's a deep-chested sigh and wiggling around until she's tucked up against the back of her chair, legs in the air, like she just don't care.

this is a good rex

Radiation Cow posted:

Does a half T-Rex count?

it does not, but its adorable af so I’ll allow it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

them doe eyes tho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The dog that lives across the street constantly gets out and pisses on our front door. Like, a few times a week.

I think I’m just gonna let Bonnie snap at him next time she sees him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie kinda comes when called, the best way however to make her come is to turn and run away from her. She loving loves chasing her humans :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my god, tess's doe game is on loving point

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They’re basically furniture once inside the house, fuckers don’t move at all until they see the leash and collar come out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

post zeph t-rexing tia

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:bisonyes:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I play music real loud around Halloween and bonfire night and it does a decent job of drowning enough of the sound out

This year I’m gonna use some desensitisation techniques as well in the few weeks prior

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It is too hot for Bonnie. There was an advert for a bandana that you soak and it apparently released the water slowly to cool them down. All probably bullshit but I figured she would look cute as poo poo with a neckerchief

I was right :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Should point out that Bonnie is a saluki/grey cross, please don’t kick me out of this thread though, I like it here :ohdear:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah mostly, except right now she’s shedding like crazy and I think that makes it a bit more oily and weird

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

actionjackson posted:

How did she get crossed? Greyhound breeding is pretty strictly controlled.

Irish Travellers

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Radiation Cow posted:

I feel this perfectly encapsulates the dichotomy of greyhounds.
also, bonnie can derp it up with the best of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dem goblin eyes :swoon:

quote:

dem bat ears :swoon: