Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Its going to be an announcement that all the previous Doctors are in the special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

It could also be something totally unexpected.

They discovered Daleks Master Plan

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Gaiman as show-runner? :allears:

Ian Levine and Lawrence Miles

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Isn't the Mail known to be full of poo poo though?

It is not just the mail
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10093520/Matt-Smith-to-quit-Doctor-Who-after-Christmas-special.html

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I want Karl Urban. However I know it will be someone like Robert Sheehan, Iwan Rheon, or Joseph Gilgun. They have been in tv shows, and if they were in a movie it was a bit part.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thexerox123 posted:

Based on the way Robert Sheehan left Misfits, I'm not sure the producers would want to take that chance with him.... but I do suddenly really want to see the Doctor somehow saddled with Nathan as a companion.

It might not be one of them, I was just using them as examples. It will be a someone who is on a tv show, and not someone that is already a huge name.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

Paterson Joseph for the Doctor and James Nesbitt for the Master. That's one way to do it.

So the Master is going to kill The Doctor in a lion cage?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

If we're going for an older Doctor: Patrick Stewart with Jeremy Irons as the Master. Don't tell me that wouldn't kick all kinds of rear end.

A middle-aged doctor: I'd be down with Hugh Laurie.

If middle age go with Philip Glenister.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I feel that we just had this discussion before.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

How about Peter Capaldi?

He is always welcome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jivjov posted:

I thought the Valeyard was between 12 and 13 anyway, so we wouldn't see anything about Valeyard til the end of the 12ths tenure, right?

This is if Hurt is the real 8th Doctor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

If I had a one shot casting decision for the next doctor, it's gotta be Michael Caine.

You have to get him at the right time. It has to be when his house needs repairs, he needs a new car, or its tax season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PowerBuilder3 posted:

They should just follow the 1st Doctor at a younger age, growing up, early adventures, etc. Basically a 'reboot' without doing a 'reboot' since he can still travel to all of time anyway.

Except he did not steal the Tardis until he was an old man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ya them you meet Hearst-Daleks or Cy-Daleks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhinoceraptor posted:

"Old man" in our sense, still pretty loving young in his own. He and Susan both occasionally refer to previous adventures they had before (temporarily) settling down on Totter's Lane and meeting Barbara and Ian. Susan even mentions how the TARDIS used to transform into all sorts of things before landing in the junkyard and getting stuck as a Police Box.

Susan is only 16, and his granddaughter so he would still look like an old man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You are right they would never cast the Doctor as someone who has appeared before

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thexerox123 posted:

You guys do remember that Karen Gillan played a role in Fires of Pompeii, right?

I don't think that previously appearing on Doctor Who rules people out as much as you think.

Also Lalla Ward was Astra before she was Romana

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

pgroce posted:

That costume he trots out at the cons looks nothing like the Fox movie costume, and we already know he wouldn't wear the wig. He could just go with the new look and everyone could pretend he didn't already play the Doctor once.

He could be the Grover Cleveland of Doctor Who. :allears:

The Doctor spanked the Daleks on two non-consecutive occasions!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

He learned who all the doctors are due to him traveling through time and space with a space-pedo

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 5, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I just go with everything is canon and nothing is canon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rent posted:

Is that supposed to be ten? Which is confusing, because isn't that her dress in Asylum of the Daleks? What city-scape is that?

It looks like the library.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Carole Ann Ford has been really active in the Doctor Who community lately. I guess it wouldn't make much sense to give her a part these days. Her story kind of finished up, they'd have to find a way to write in another Timelord, and realistically, she'd probably have regenerated. Still, it would be nice if they could give her a chance at the role again, especially since she feels like she didn't have the opportunity to do her best with it before. :unsmith:

She has done some really awesome poo poo with Big Finish.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

qntm posted:

I swear, if they go back in time to 1963 and have the Doctor assassinate Kennedy :argh:

He will have to beat Spock or the reporter.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

I thought Kennedy was assassinated by a temporal copy of himself, aided and abetted by Lister, Rimmer, Kryten and the Cat.

I thought he was stabbed like Shannon with a time traveling knife bullet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Classtoise posted:

I could see McGann showing up.

Davison has showed up before, but I dunno if he'd be up for it again. Both Bakers look nothing like they used to and if they showed up, it WON'T be as the Fourth or Sixth Doctor.
Sylvester McCoy is still active as an actor so maybe, but McGann has outright said he'd love to be back they simply hadn't asked him at that point.

Davidon would be the easiest to get since his son-in-law is already in the episode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Burkion posted:

I've said this in the main thread and I'll say it here.

gently caress what New Who has done to the Cybermen.

At least they do not have a weakness to gold and prats gold stars.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Astroman posted:

Code for his scene with Tom Baker halfway through the episode. :allears:

They are going to replace him with a wax statue?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Official Synopsis for The Day of the Doctor

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/11/brief-synopsis-for-doctor-who-50th.html

“In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.”

He has to pay the fourth doctor's pub tab

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'd personally dig an adventure where only a small UK town is at stake for a change. "The Doctor must race to save Hazlemere!" :v:

Not even the Doctor would want to go to Chelsea.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

She wants to be like her daddy and chop off his head. Or one of her advisers tricked him into giving her a death warrant with his name on it, and refusing it would destroy the entire British system.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Where's my Eccleston :qq:

Refused an offer to cameo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm curious about what role Eccleston would have had if he appeared. I know the speculation at first was that the Hurt Doctor was made to replace him, but given the revelations about HD since, that doesn't seem to be it. I wonder if Eccleston had appeared it would have basically just been to pop in and say "Fantastic!" for a scene.

Or it was Hurt winning the time war and it kills him and he regenerates into Eccleston

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Daleks are built with impenetrable metal shielding.. and heads that pop off like champagne corks at the first sign of trouble. The universe is in deep poo poo if the Daleks ever discover screws.

They have other uses

Also will Rose have just come back from the dentist?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 9, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Harlock posted:

He kind of feels out of place to the manic energy exhibited by Tennant and Smith, oddly enough. He was his own kind of eccentric.

I'm sure they're going to address the whole, "I'm a future Doctor thing" to Tennant, but he doesn't seem to be too upset about it (which his death really bothered him in the show) except that brief moment, 'I'd like to know where we're going..'

He did already meet the Fifth Doctor so meeting other Doctors should not bother him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TL posted:

Would you want someone telling you Fear Her is in your future?

Or River Song?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Hurt is Kamelion disguised as a forgotten Doctor.

Bring Back Kamelion. The dumbest companion.

Why would they do that? God hates Kamelion and anyone involved with him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder if she is just the Tardis in human form and using Rose since she was Bad Wolf.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twoot posted:

I don't really see why they'd do that unless Suranne Jones wasn't available.

10 would not know who Suranne Jones is

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Harlock posted:

Let the Re-Numbering begin? :getin:

Cause Hurt Doctor seems to have started out as 'The Doctor', wonder when he does that bad thing he shouldn't do if they don't count him anymore.

It was he fought in the war proper. It seemed that before he was just on the edges trying to save people, while Hurt is actually fighting. Also it seems he is 8.5 since 8 was not dead dead, and regeneration was not done the proper way. He also had 4 minutes before he died and thats plenty of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

It was awesome to see McGann again, and even more to hear the Big Finish companions named, something which I would have thought was even less likely than seeing McGann again. But I do think 8 now has almost as ignominious a death as 7.

He died trying to save someone who hated him. He refused to give up hope that she could be saved. It is much more heroic than getting shot due to him not looking out the window.

• Locked thread