Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
gently caress. Matt, nooooo. And I only just found this amazing thing yesterday.

I really, really hope they use the regeneration scene to set up the Valeyard.

Also, Hugh Lawrie has to get it. Come onnnnnnn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Kick Moffat out of the Showrunner's chair, give him a two-parter every year. We know he's good for it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

This could also set a casting precedent for Fires of Pompeii specifically.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

marktheando posted:

In the Science of Doctor Who lecture thing the BBC did Charles Dance was in the audience! :tinfoil:

http://youtu.be/-3POYx6IeeI

Wibbly wobbly kinky fuckery. I am very down with this.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Varance posted:

If the Time War was completely removed from history, then Cass likely wouldn't have had a reason to reject the Doctor's escape offer, resulting in the Doctor avoiding his own death, creating a paradox along the lines of River not killing the Doctor.

And then Rose's dad has to kill himself.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DirtyRobot posted:

Hurt regenerates into Capaldi, 9, 10, and 11 are simply erased from existence.

Tumblr's servers simultaneously melt.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/11/watch-the-fall-of-arcadia-in-the-latest-doctor-who-mini-episode/

The Last Day, for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

The woman's voice in the trailer for the Christmas episode is Kovarian.

We didn't get a Christmas trailer in the cinema. Is it on YouTube?

Edit: wait, found it. http://youtu.be/Hw79DvVTi1Y

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 24, 2013

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hey look, it's Handles.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

At least the synopsis carries on the tradition of the Christmas specials being garbage. 11 deserves a better way to go. :(

Going out after defending a town for 900 years, losing a leg to the Weeping Angels (that'll make them scary again) and rediscovering your lost home world won't do it for you? gently caress man, it beats dying from Rose's time herpes.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Burkion posted:

If they legitimately go with "Regeneration Kills The Daleks" I will not be happy.

That's what really pisses me off, that idea. I don't think I really need to go into WHY that's just not smart to begin with. Oh wait I did before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVEY5AL5zzk&t=49s

Boom.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

You're all over-analysing. It's going to be Tennant.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

It'd be even more fantastic for them to revert to a sane loving schedule.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Coq au Nandos posted:

It'd be even more fantastic for them to revert to a sane loving schedule.

Grand Moff Steven posted:

OK

I also want a Paul McGann two doctors episode and a Silence companion.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Goddammit, now you got me wanting an episode where a Silent befriends the Doctor and saves the day followed by an emotional farewell, Murray Gold, "You will be remembered", and then the Doctor turns away and forgets the entire thing.

You will love him ON SIGHT.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Alex Kingston is a very fine actress and a lovely lady.

And with that said: please Jesus, no more River Song. :cry:

It's cool, I'm pretty sure we'll have Tasha Lem instead.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

The lack of tie or something is really bothering me. Either undo the top button or wear something around your neck. To me that always looks really awkward.

It's a very punky-looking Pertwee though, for sure. If he was wearing a pair of brothel creepers, I wouldn't be surprised.

Brace yourself for an influx of top-buttoned, tie-less nerds.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DirtyRobot posted:

Another one is Johnny Lee Miller in Elementary:

God it's an ugly trend.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tomtrek posted:

Clara in a suit (very Season 11 Sarah Jane):

With the jacket pushed back like that, 12 looks like Doctor Dad.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hey, the :wom: suit is back!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Republican Vampire posted:

It's like the Reapers in Mass Effect all over again.

"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it" would be a pretty loving amazing tone for the resurrected PTSD Time Lords to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Republican Vampire posted:

Yeah but they were totally unconvincing. The one in the first game went on and on about how they were beyond human comprehension, but his whole plot got sussed out by your secondary party members in like two minutes. In the second game you had that one whose whole big trump card was giving a mook some unimpressive buffs. IN the third game it kind of looks like they're stooges of some half-bright space baby. They were an unimpressive and unconvincing villain and I seriously don't get people who could take them seriously.

I think that Time Lords would look the same if the show brought them back and tried to paint them as all that and a bag of chips. That's why the post-Deadly Assassin take on them was so clever. Yes, they're ludicrously powerful, but no, there's no actual reason why they should be. You can understand it in terms of actual class relations and it doesn't make the mistaking of aiming for and inevitably missing mythic status.

On the other hand this is a show about space Jesus fighting Robin Hood with a spoon

• Locked thread