Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ensign_Ricky posted:

It kinda makes sense seeing as they're low level psychics.

The best moment of this is in the War Games when the Doctor and the War Chief see each other for the first time, and both are basically "Oh poo poo!" My take is that Time Lords have special time vision that lets them see temporal stuff outside the regular visual spectrum, and to look at each other is like seeing someone covered in Christmas lights or with a big neon aura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Simm did approach Moffat at some awards show and mention he would be up for the role still. That was a couple of years ago now, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Basically the OP has everything we know as confirmed and rumoured. Since filming is over and done with, it's going to be pretty much under wraps for quite some time now, unless some production guy leaks something. Until then, we're just waiting for trailers. Which I'd imagine is October at the absolute earliest. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm in the middle of a thrilling adventure with Anji and Fitz. This talk of a Time War is depressing. :sigh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Right, according to Bleeding Cool, 12 has been cast since January. I think I could get used to this face:

(Ben Daniels)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Totally in favour of a Lovejoy-esque Doctor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

How about Chris Tucker

Chris Rock, sure. Chris Tucker's voice drives me to killy heights.

Actually, go the whole hog. CCH Pounder for 12!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 4, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Robert Sheehan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Sheehan)

But only if he acts like his character on Misfits.

What, insufferable prick? Jesus, way to get the show cancelled quickly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

I am really not able to picture this dude as a the Doctor.

But hey, if they're right, an Irish doctor will be fascinating.

I'm still getting caught up on classic Who so I bet all this stuff that is pretty new to me is incredibly obvious to you...

So this guy is the infamous one?> http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sixth_Doctor

He's really not Irish.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

Oh, what nationality is here?

Man, I miss Rose and Doctor Donna. I really hope they bring them back...

He was born in London, and speaks with an RP accent.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah, season 6b. That's generally regarded as being Troughton in that time though.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Season_6B

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Follow the main thread, I said what it was. :)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Probably not. They'd want a bigger audience than some prom that's not even going out live.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Turns out 12 was on stage, but lacked such presence no-one realised, so they've instantly gone to recast him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That's some amazing blinkers he's got there. Apparently he was never a child.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

Critics will laud his performance as "haunted with a touching vulnerability".

Like that time he hosed a pig.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Burkion posted:

:thejoke:

I wonder how long until we get to meet Mr. 12, regardless. Pig loving optional.

Hey hey hey! Hey. He didn't spend 50 years at the Academy loving about and barely passing to be called Mister 12.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

chazburgr posted:

Bleeding Cool has been "hearing more" of Daniel Rigby as the next Doctor. Which, given the track record, probably means it's definitely not Daniel Rigby.

Oh god the BT ads berk. No thanks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm pretty sure that's just generic enough for any actor to have a crack at putting their own spin on it. It still reads quite Smith, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I support Idris Elba for Bond simply because I have yet to be convinced that Idris Elba isn't actually James Bond IRL.

I saw Idris Elba DJ-ing for an hour and a half at Ministry of Sound in London last saturday night. He's surprisingly good. I am fully supporting of anything he wants to do, including cancelling the apocalypse. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Or maybe they just gave him his own copy because they knew Tennant would just show it to him anyway. I love imagining Sunday lunch at the Davison house. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Regarding the finale:

Steven Moffat posted:

“Oh, never mind the TARDIS blowing up, what about the endless, bitter war Kovarian was on about? And what’s Trenzalore? And the oldest question in the universe? And what exactly do they mean, silence will fall? Anyway, I’m off to a readthrough…”

Yes, completely ignore the questions people want answered, by all means.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Am I the only one hoping the classic set they built sticks around and is used at least once?

That console has been moved over to the Experience as well. It's virtually prop storage there these days.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stobbit posted:

Why is this thread not exploding with news of the trailer?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ

Lots of cool things hidden in there!

Here's some:
http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/11-things-we-loved-in-the-doctor-who-50-year-trailer/

Because we're all discussing it on the regular thread?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stobbit posted:

Ah ok. I figured, given most people in the main thread's aversion to even the "Next Time" trailers, that something like this wouldn't be talked about in there at all.

But there's nothing spoilery in this. It's basically just a "look! 50 years of Who!" Trailer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I guess it doesn't have the same cachet if it was just 'some of Slough is at stake!'

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Forktoss posted:

Four new promo pics for Day:

1) In good, clear light, it really shows how cheap Tennant's suit looks. Seriously they couldn't have run him off a new one? It looks like they bought it from some Chinese cosplay tailor on eBay.

2) Close-ups of your main actor which show nothing else are the dullest promo pics.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

zamiel posted:

Very brief clip from DotD released. Catch it here.

Huh, interesting. Gallifrey burning.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

UndergroundHero posted:

Is it John Hurt saying that line? It sounds to me like Malcolm McDowell.

Malcolm McDowell for the Master! You know it makes sense!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Neowyrm posted:

Daamn, Billie Piper looks great, and that outfit looks great.

Really? I think the outfit is hideous. :/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HOLY loving poo poo ITS MCGANN!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The minisode they just released 'Night of the Doctor'. It's the Christmas present we all dreamed of!

Starring Paul McGann with John Hurt as the War Doctor.

"Charlie, C'Rizz, Lucie, Tamsin, Molly." No Fitz or Anji :(

Holy poo poo, that was great you guys.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 14, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Look at that lovely title!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Snorb posted:

Holy poo poo, I definitely wasn't expecting to wake up to Paul Motherfucking McGann this morning!

Because it's not who you went to bed with, that's for sure! ;)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

Why can't we just talk about how great it was to see Tennant in a fez?

And how easily he put it on. "Huh, a fez came through a portal. Better put it on, quick."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

marktheando posted:

In the Science of Doctor Who lecture thing the BBC did Charles Dance was in the audience! :tinfoil:

YES. Yes yes yes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Plus the Time Lords are probably still sore from the fact that Sontarans somehow invaded Gallifrey that one time.

(My iPhone just auto-capitalised Gallifrey :3:)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Neowyrm posted:

About how long before The Eleventh Hour aired did we know what 11's outfit was going to look like? I can't take all this waiting.

A few months easily. It was the photos from Time of Angels on the beach. But they won't start filming Capaldi's stuff till next year at the earliest, so you've got a while to go..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ben Soosneb posted:

Errr.. that was an alternate heathrow in china.

Ah, terminal 4. It's so far away from the other terminals, it feels like it's in loving China. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Revealed to be not the planet Arcadia from the NA Deceit but a city on Gallifrey.

• Locked thread