Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

marktheando posted:

They were time lords, they were on Gallifrey and had the Time Lord symbol on their armour... :can:

Not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords, and not all Time Lords are Gallifreyans. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
For a 3 minute short, there seemed to be long gaps of silence with no-one doing anything. :/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Astroman posted:

It would have been great if they'd had the courage to show Night of the Doctor on tv.

They sort of have? It's been running in fairly heavy rotation on the red button service in the UK, and advertising it as such, too. It was playing yesterday because I watched it again after AiS&T :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yes please continue your politics discussion somewhere other than the Doctor Who Spoilers thread.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Astroman posted:

My money is the paintings are just quick cameos. "Oh look, it's my past selves in paintings, saying a line or a catchphrase! I must be in trouble!"

Or all his past selves will be trapped in paintings except for 10 and the War Doctor.

So everything pre-War. Terrible cosmic angst.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Edit: nothing to see here

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

From Bleeding Cool:

A bell tolls across the Universe. Many are afraid, The Doctor and Clara are… curious.

You will come to Christmas Town, a place of peace, welcomed by Rob Jarvis and Tessa Peake-Jones.

You will come to Trenzalore, a planet of war.

You will find out where Gallifrey went.

You will discover what the Silence are.

You will see who the voice in the TARDIS was.

The episode will be nine hundred years long.

There will be Daleks, Cybermen and Weeping Angels. Some of them will be wooden. So will The Doctor.

He always has Handles. And grab hold, as you will find out what the hell that crack in space and time actually was. Because The Time Of The Doctor will be going right back to The Eleventh Hour.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

...is that McGann in that last pic?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I dunno, looks distinctly Capaldi to me. Although I've read that McGann is also hiding somewhere in a fire as well in there.

The flame of utter boredom?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

From the official Who facebook page:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sorry, I was unknowingly lied to, and that is fan art. Very good fan art, but still.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Are we really doing enemy alliances again? I'm going to assume they're all an imaginary invasion, like The God Complex or something. The planet of Trenzalore is also Christmas town, and..? I don't even. It was remarked in Name of the Doctor that Trenzalore was a very small battle, but the Doctor was old and didn't make it. An alliance of Daleks, Cybermen, and Angels (can they even communicate to make an alliance?) doesn't scream 'small battle'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Didn't Eleven say at the end of Day of the Doctor that millions died at Trenzalore?

Moffat does seem to be inconsistent about it. I kind of like the idea that the Doctor finally dies in a tiny battle on a tiny world, which Trenzalore was intimated to be, and now it's getting bigger and more epic and suitably 'end of an era'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love how they've basically given up on the new Dalek paradigm models and are sticking to the cool bronze ones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

UN-LIM-IT-ED RICE PUD-DING!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh yeah, Olivia Coleman was in the show. Well, she is in everything.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Edit:oops

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My friend has been trying every day to get returns for that evening. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

There was a drat empty seat next to me! I spent ages scoring tickets for this too.

I don't think they'll let me and my friend share a seat. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I thought you guys already knew it was going to be John Simm? :confused:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So, Philip Morris has recovered over 10,000 film cans from Africa and is currently sorting through them. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :dance:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timby posted:

I believe this is the same find that got us Web of Fear and Enemy of the World, though. The "10,000 cans" rumor's been floating around for months.

This time it's from the BFI's 'Missing, Believed Wiped' event: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/23/those-doctor-who-missing-episodes-get-another-injection-of-reality/

Sorry, this was meant to be in the main thread, didn't read the title clearly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HD DAD posted:

So, filming has started today on Series 8 in Cardiff at the location that has been used for some of the Victorian London scenes. I sense Paternoster action.

Costume reveal in 3..2..1...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gup posted:

Well, here we go!

I like it!

Very... familiar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Karki posted:

The description just below the picture says it's the eleventh doctor's costume.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Peter-Capaldi-begins-filming-on-Doctor-Who

Yes, I know. Thus familiar.

It actually fits Capaldi really well. He should keep it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

Still it would be nice to get other planets, I don't care if we don't see the surface for budgetary reasons, just give me something weird.

It's one of the reasons I liked Rings of Akhaten last season. Perfectly alien world, visually very different, lots of creatures, etc. More of that!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

moths posted:

I'd take a dozen quarries over Victorian England any day.

gently caress yeah, quarries! I have no problems with quarries being alien worlds. So long as it's an actual alien world, not, you know, a quarry in Victorian England.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Where did Vastra come from, anyway? Isn't she an old RTD character?

She was a suddenly appearing old friend the Doctor has who we've never seen before.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

qntm posted:

I thought it was consensus that Nine had some solo adventures between disappearing and reappearing at the very tail end of Rose. In particular, visiting the Kennedy assassination, Krakatoa, and preventing some people from boarding the Titanic, as seen earlier in the same episode. You could easily fit a century of shenanigans in there, all of it technically "before" Rose joins as a companion.

Dropping a letter off at a pub in 15th century London...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The lack of tie or something is really bothering me. Either undo the top button or wear something around your neck. To me that always looks really awkward.

It's a very punky-looking Pertwee though, for sure. If he was wearing a pair of brothel creepers, I wouldn't be surprised.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

That's already kind of a look though.

That's exactly what I mean when I say it looks awkward. Simon is an awkward character.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm hoping the sweater is a vest. He's gonna look awesome with the jacket off and his sleeves rolled up.

It's a long sleeve cardie, it's also from Crombie:

http://crombie.prelive.diligentcommerce.com/navy-merino-wool-cardigan.html

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 29, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheezle posted:

I just want it to be a few daleks rather than thousands or millions or whatever.

Yeah, that would be a good basis. A small landing party story like The Genocide Machine would be really cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DJ Ramshackle posted:

A new recurring character, meet Danny Pink.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Rising-Star-Joins-Doctor-Who-for-Peter-Capaldis-First-Series

I like the obvious connection with the 1st Doctor and this new regen cycle Doctor; 2 teachers from Coal Hill as companions.

Oh yum. Totally ok with this. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So the rumour going around is that Danny Pink is the Master. Yeah, no. Probably.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Everyone knows that the Master is played by Peter Capaldi with a fake goatee, you loving idiot. :colbert:

Hey, language.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

As someone who has yet to listen to any of the Dark Eyes stuff, what sort of nods have they been doing?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

zamiel posted:

Some filming shots for Episode 5, but I'm pretty excited to see Twelve in a dark dress shirt!

Interesting, they're in Roald Dahl Plas, home of Torchwood. I wonder if we'll get a reference.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Last time we got someone from Life on Mars, it ended up being the Master. So this is clearly the Rani. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

James R posted:

That does kinda make sense though. I mean, the current NASA space suit has pretty much looked the same for decades, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the suit shown in some episodes (assuming within a certain timeframe) is the same suit design.

It's literally the same suit. Other pictures of the guy in it, you can clearly see the Sanctuary Base 6 patch on it still, making me assume the Doctor is lending it out.

• Locked thread