Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think I've rewatched the 50th Special more than any other Who story. It's just so, so good.

"You know, I really think you might!" :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Honestly, I don't believe a word of that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Astroman posted:

John Simm's Master, Missy, and Derek Jacobi's Master team up to defeat The Valeyard after Capaldi regenerates into him. Surprise appearance on video screen by CGI Ainley MasterSnake because after all, "a cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about."

:boom:

Good, but I made it better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It sounds more like a Big Finish audio spinoff than DW proper.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Handles was truly the best of us all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They are gloves. Just weird flesh toned ones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There does seem to be an in-story reason for the gloves. There's pics floating around of 'knot heads' who look like hospital patients before cyberisation.

EDIT: here we are: http://aminoapps.com/page/the-worlds-of-doctor-who/8838612/mondasian-cybermen-on-location-pictures

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 16, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooh, and the laser screwdriver is back somehow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Crusader posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=liJN-iBSs3w

"we must evolve to survive" - maybe the jugheads won't be wasted this time after all

Punk muzzzzt zzzurviiiive.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Harlock posted:

I hope his real name is actually Doctor Who

Whoanadvoratrelundar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can't help but feel like tonight's 400 mile long spaceship, with one end in a black hole is going to be some derivative of The Needle from the EDA 'The Infinity Doctors'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

2house2fly posted:

The concept puts me in mind of the second Red Dwarf book, Better Than Life. Lister is marooned on a planet while the crew on the big ship find that time is passing differently at the front of the ship than at the back, and eventually work out it's because they're being pulled into a black hole. They escape and go back to pick up Lister, who turns out to have been marooned for 34 years.

Man, the Red Dwarf books were really weird.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Supposition: the later phases of Cybermen are ones further up the ship as time changes speed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Just loop around again. Matt Smith is the 2nd Doctor!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I still want to hear a Cyberman saying 'Ohhhhh good-o'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Or 'That Mitchell and Webb Look'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

If you're looking for a David Tennant type that worked with Chibnall before, it has to be Jonathan Bailey.

He's very funny, can do dramatic stuff, and he's exactly the kind of image that the BBC would think would appeal to young women. He's not exactly imposing, though.

He was in Time Heist!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He was the Angel Islington in the original tv version of Neverwhere.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He won an oscar!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

As much as I'd love that, Aoyade is not really an actor. Then again, maybe he can just give his truth, instead of a performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvbEExv72eM

He was president of Footlights at Cambridge uni, so I think he's got some inkling of acting.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

the amount of 'I have nothing against women but a woman could never play the doctor' on twitter is pretty depressing

"Time travel is a man thing." <:mad:>

https://twitter.com/DMReporter/status/886193123675734018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

See also; Trekkies when confronted with a female person of color as the new lead. (Also 25 years ago with a male person of color!)

Star Trek fans always get me because the show is literally the personification of

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There was that weird rumour about both the 13th and 14th Doctors showing up in the Xmas special...?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mark Gatiss is going to be in front of the camera in the Xmas special in an apparently secret role. Hopefully not the 3rd Doctor...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ahhhhhh! That looks great!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

They did a No sir, All 13! Set I think. I know for sure there's one with War.

They did indeed! Although the Capaldi is the first edition face mould that looks nothing like him, rather than the more recent one which is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wyld Karde posted:

What the hell have they done to six? That's not the garish rainbow we've all come to know and love tolerate.

It's from the BBC animated story Real Time. Big Finish have used the colour scheme on occasion too.

• Locked thread