Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
The mark of good Doctor Who to me, is that I've been thinking about the finale for 3 solid days. Specifically the John Hurt doctor. I don't know if its been suggested yet, but what if Hurt had nothing to do with the time war? What if he was forced to sacrifice/kill his companions? What would make the Doctor (all of him) so sick to his gut, that he'd basically banish an entire incarnation? I think Time War shannanigans is way too obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
You know, I wish the tardis navigation system would go on the fritz again.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

Rhyno posted:

As much as we'd like to forget her, Six had Mel with him at the end of Trial.

I think I'm literally the only person in the universe that likes Mel.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
My own personal speculation: We've already seen the "next doctor". Rumors abound now that John Hurt will be in episodes beyond the 50th/christmas special. I would bet you Hurt Doctor takes over as the Doctor for half the season, then HE dies and regenerates, and we get the next, next doctor.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
I kind of like Ben Daniels for the next Doctor. I'm sure we're all wrong, and it'll be someone nobody's ever heard of. Like Matt Smith. I kind of wish people would simply stop making suggestions like Hugh Laurie or Tom Hiddelston. You think either one is going to stop what they're doing and go be The Doctor? Its useless fantasy casting.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
Tennant looks "old"? What? I also heard someone say he'd gotten fat. Again. What?

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldis-past-appearances-not-ignored-53407.htm Well that's interesting, hm?

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

Barry Foster posted:

Moffat's probably referring to Capaldi's role in The Fires of Pompeii.

They mention Torchwood though, in the article i linked.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

Rhyno posted:

I used Blink to scare my now girlfriend into staying the night on our 4th date.

Scandalous! Half my enjoyment of this thread is watching your red text change Rhyno.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

DoctorWhat posted:

You made a typo, man, and you didn't even have a setup. Poor show.

If he had an ounce of pride, he would tender his resignation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
I think alot of people in this thread are beginning to bitterly protest the basic tenants of storytelling and science fiction altogether.

• Locked thread