Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Aatrek posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the original run of the show, but it kind of pisses me off that they would relegate McGann's regeneration to a webisode.

I'll take what I can get. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
There's a sort of costume progression between Audio Mcgann, Hurt Doctor and Ecclestone that surely must be intentional? The fact that Ecclestone isn't coming back and that we apparently have a Mcgann Regeneration prequel webisode thing seems to support the 8.5 theory.

I'm ok with that, it seems thematically sound and there's already a precedent with the valeyard for .5 shitlord regenerations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I don't think so, hence "apparently".

If there's one thing the RTD era has taught me, it's that if we all wish for it hard enough magical-fairy-doctor-jesus will make it come true.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Cross-Section posted:

Actually, it is being broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 in about a hour and a half. I'll admit it'll be somewhat of a weird announcement without the visual element, though.

So who was it?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I was just listening to it but zoned out at the end. :smith:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
They haven't asked him to take the role because they intend to force him at gunpoint. Critics will laud his performance as "haunted with a touching vulnerability".

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god the BT ads berk. No thanks.

So are they just going through everyone who's starred in an episode of black mirror?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

scary ghost dog posted:

Did anyone correctly guess Matt Smith last time around?

Not that I recall.

Of all the actors I haven't heard of I think Freddie Fox might be a good fit. But with 2 movies and a handful of television appearances under his belt, even he might be too high profile.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
That fake capaldi script is pretty much exactly what I heard in my head when his named started being thrown about.

keep punching joe posted:

Idris Elba would be better for Bond than Doctor Who, because

...bond takes his shirt off a lot more.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Silhouette posted:

one of them was never mentioned on the show before that point: "The Predator".

That's from when he fought Arnie in the jungle. "hmmm new teeth! Weird"

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
The christmas specials are always bad, sometimes even offensively so. Spoiler : It's going to suck.

Not that anyone should care. It's just something to have on in the background while you demolish a turkey.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Davros1 posted:

Moff sure loves monsters made of wood. First the monsters in "Doctor, Widow, Wardrobe" and now the wooden Cyberman.

Stone ones too, now that I think about it. First, Weeping Angels, then that Stone Dalek in "Big Bang"

It's almost as if he's running out of ideas. Doesn't he look tired?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Blasphemeral posted:

Anyone see this yet? Rumors of a McGann/Capaldi two Doctor special, supplemented from Paul's personal Twitter:

http://pic.twitter.com/42J9ep6WVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

James R posted:

No mention of Janet Fielding's tweet earlier of this image, with this caption: "Now what are we up to? Only Time will tell..."

Oh, please let Tegan make a return like Sarah Jane did.

Inside sources are telling me it's teasing a sex-tape.

• Locked thread