Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

awesomepanda posted:

Something must of happened to push Matt Smith out of show. His departure seems so sudden and unexpected. It may be many years before we find out.

I think it might have been decided awhile ago and so he was able to leave, get a role in that new movie and shave his head.

It's not that hard to believe that after three years, Matt Smith might have wanted to try something else though. He can obviously act and as much as I loved him on Doctor Who, it'd be great if he went on to try bigger and better things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Fazana posted:

Peter Capaldi has come out of nowhere to be the bookies favourite to get the job apparently?! A late betting surge like that often indicates some insider knowledge, if they stop taking bets the jig will be up!

They are showing it live in the US on BBC America at the same time as the UK showing, 2pm EST 7pm UK time.

I don't think it's him though since he's been directing and starring in some big name movies recently although having Malcolm Tucker play the Doctor would be something special.

Laivaren posted:

Didn't he have a pretty big role in one of the seasons of Torchwood?

He was Caecilius in the Pompei episode and also starred as the main government contact in the only decent season of Torchwood.

• Locked thread