Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Someone just suggested Patrick Stewart as the next Doctor Who. It's ridiculous but then I pictured it and I laughed and laughed. Him prancing around doing Doctor dialog would be hilarious. It'll never happen but in my head it's wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XVmtugHJ0E

This will be his "trying on outfits" scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Wow yeah that was rubbish.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think the ?s on the collar would look great with his outfit.

Well they're certainly at least as naff as saying "Doctor... Who?!" all the time so maybe they'd work these days.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I just want it to be a few daleks rather than thousands or millions or whatever.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Republican Vampire posted:

In an interview with Doctor Who Magazine, Moffat played up that Clara is "clever, sceptical, hard-to-impress".

Yeah, that still sounds like every Moffatt-written female character ever.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So am I the only person who thinks Missy might be the Master? Missy/Mistress? No?

I can't decide if that'd be a master troll from the Master, or just terrible.

After "Mels", yes this is probably going to be it.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

SKY COQ posted:

"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it" would be a pretty loving amazing tone for the resurrected PTSD Time Lords to take.

Ah yes. "Time Lords".

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I'd love to have Romana back, just not while Moffatt is running the show.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I hate how new series Time Lords seem to love prophecy so much. They're loving Time Lords. Prophecy is meaningless when you travel through time as a way of life.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Riptor posted:

Is River holding a sonic... trowel?

Sonic pizza cutter.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

PriorMarcus posted:

Hmmm... I'm split. It's a good pitch for a spin-off but the parent show has used that theme so much since the revival that it feels really cynical now. Like someone suing a fireman for bruising their back when being carried out of a fire. It's a very modern, bitter take on the character.

It's a theme so overplayed by this point that I can't see what could possibly be new or interesting about it.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I wish I could get excited by this.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

The_Doctor posted:

In case you were worried she was going to get left out, Bill gets her own Special Companion Name too:

He should come up with something really crazy like referring to the companion as a woman rather than a girl.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

quote:

returning for the first time in over 50 years – the Mondasian Cybermen.

Are they saying the Cybermen appearing throughout the classic series are something different?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
It turns out The Doctor was a horse all along.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Box of Bunnies posted:

I don't know how I feel about this. I kind of liked the idea of him popping in properly in Day or something when he was first cast as Hartnell in the docudrama and I was high on anniversary hype but I'm much more ambivalent towards the idea now.

Regeneration is already a built in recasting method so that the Doctor can survive beyond any one actor that I feel like recasting specific Doctors is a bit wrong and missing the importance of what each actor brings to their individual incarnation. I dunno.

Also, I dunno about anyone else, but I really didn't rate Bradley's performance as Hartnell. Not a knock on his acting talents, I just don't think he's the right actor to do a convincing Hartnell.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What about if he played Hurndall instead?

Why stop there? Maybe he could play himself playing Hurndall.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
https://twitter.com/realrossnoble/status/855181733137981442

https://twitter.com/realrossnoble/status/855184781079961600

Probably not, but you never know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Capaldi should regenerate into Colin, who will trip on a brick and regenerate, also into Colin.

• Locked thread