Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Uh-oh.

@DrWhoOnline

"It's the end... But the moment has been prepared for" Keep your eyes and ears peeled in the next few hours folks! ;)

Please don't be Matt going please don't be Matt going, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Royal W posted:

But I thought Smith was confirmed through season 8?

What, like Billie Piper was for series 3?

Ah well. Always better to leave them wanting more than outstay your welcome, right? Right?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
JLC was confirmed - proper, like - a few weeks back.

I hope Stephen Mangan is just trolling/having a laugh/whatever, I really don't fancy the idea of him as The Doctor at all. River and him in the same quadrant together would probably cause some kind of Annoying Smug Shite singularity.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
No, Barry. There's no good news now. None. Good news is over.

:smith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Mooseontheloose posted:

So according to The Sunday Telegraph says that Rory Kinnear has been offered the part. But isn't the telegraph one of those make poo poo up places?

The Telegraph is poo poo but that's more in terms of viewpoints and political leanings. As far as actual news goes, it's not really in the same league as the Sun/Mail/Express for outright making poo poo up for fluff entertainment stories so who knows. I can't imagine for a moment though that Rory Kinnear is seriously going to be the next Doctor though, he's just...acting wallpaper, innit? There's no spark, no buzz there.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
^^ Totes.

Wow, Tennant looks old in that poster. Well, not *old right now* exactly but very much on the cusp of it like the skin on his face is going to wake up soon, get a kicking from middle age and just fall down to his knees in a jowly, saggy mess.

Possibly.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Erk, I hope those spoilers from last night are just a bunch of wild guesses based on a sneaky glance at the synopsis because that sounds like a hell of a lame way to end Matt's run...

7thBatallion posted:

You're saying Ron Moore, that no-talent hack, the man that nearly ruined Star Trek, is doing a better job than Moffat? Man, you crazy

Oh wow, an actual crazy person.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A loving cardigan? That's it, Moffat has finally gone too far, there can be no forgiveness for him this time.

While I dig the 'no frills, no scarf' attitude, that outfit reeks of your dad spending his Primark vouchers.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
gently caress you guys, Robin of Sherwood owned. :colbert:

Well, until Jason Connery showed up, anyway.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So the first episode is hot garbage.

To be fair, 90% of Who, classic or revival, is hot steaming garbage. It's the brilliant core concept and the 10% of it that's good/great that makes people bother at all.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Oh RIGHT. God drat do I need to watch that again. And again and again. Also, frankly, I'd prefer the master not have to mask sexual subtext in heteronormativity, but oh well, Moffat I guess.

V yup. Moffat is a fucker and a piece of poo poo, if this is the thinking behind this (it likely is)

Hahaha, thought crime now, is it? You guys are loving lunatics, you do know that right? There's enough things to be annoyed with him and take him to task over than to start making up hypotheticals which you can never hope to know the answer to.

I hope the next episode is so bad it literally gives Piror Marcus an aneurysm. It'd be Moffat's crowning achievement.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How about those of us who want to go back to the time when the show was actually consistently good (aka "The Holmes/Hinchcliffe Era")? :v:

Bullshit, it's never been consistently good. It's been 80% garbage for 50 years and you're a liar or a fool to say otherwise.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Forktoss posted:

I hope next season the two-parters go full 60s Batman. THE MASTER MAKES HER PLAY / THE DOCTOR SAVES THE DAY

Alternatively, that sounds like a perfect Avengers-style episode summary. In fact the next series after should start every story with Missy loving about with something (carving terrifying giant faces into moons, siccing chair monsters on people, starting a Gallifreyan new wave band) to stave off her boredom only to find a note hidden away or a sudden phone call from The Doctor saying "we're needed", leading to much larks and japes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, he's real good on the new Crystal Maze, but I don't think he has the range as an actor to do much beyond the quirky, anti-social snarking, which is a part of the Doctor, but not the whole.

To be honest, that's similar (in terms of limited range) how I felt 30 years ago when Sylvester McCoy got it but he turned out fine.

• Locked thread