Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
All the "The ____ that _____" is really trodden at this point. I'm dreading those episodes simply on title alone.

Besides the first two, none of them sound particularly interesting either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Dirt posted:

This is the most "Jaded Doctor Who Internet Fan" comment I have ever loving read.

Ugh
Is it? Yipes.

Not really jaded, I just enjoy titles like 'Kill the Moon' or 'Mummy on the Orient Express', something that instills an image of what excitement the episodes gonna have. It's why I like the first two titles. I suppose last season just really nailed it (for me) with the episode titles.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Stupid used up formulaic titles are as much a part of doctor who as transgendered timelords. Are you suggesting that we shouldn't have any more "...of death" episodes, or "the robots of blah" or "the aliens of something"?
Naw. Those things would be rad, as they get you pumped for robots or aliens. "The Girl who Lived" and similar titles that include pronouns as the subject and dull verbs don't really have any effect. Going back though, it does seem they haven't used that as much as I thought they had for titles, just for characters.

It's just my opinion folks.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Lady doctor! Neat! Also, bout' time. Hope she kills it.

Weird that any fans of the show would have any issue with it given the whole premise/character/morals of the show.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Counterpoint: hey why not. Seems like they're going well out of their way to highlight that this is a different actor. Not like they're Crispin Glovering it.

• Locked thread