Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

jivjov posted:

Having the 1st Doctor show up is so very very Moffat, and I am all for it.

How many different actors have played 1 now?

Not counting BF? Hartnell, Hurndall, and now Bradley. Technically Peter Cushing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Box of Bunnies posted:

"So, we managed to successfully bring the Mondasian Cybermen back in a creepy episode that really highlighted the horror of them. Now what? That stupid Iron Man flight would be good, right?"

Why :negative:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Unironically looking forward to the Chibnall era after this garbage.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rochallor posted:

Imagine someone lying, on the Internet!

The ignore function was practically invented for PriorMarcus.

He wasn't lying though. The Mondasian cybermen were absolutely sidelined for the newer models in part 2.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
All current production rumors and buzz point to BBC having absolutely zero intention of casting a woman in the role. It's (almost certainly) not happening this time and all these articles are just wishful thinking. I'd love to be proven wrong, but we should probably just brace ourselves for Tennant 2.0.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Literally Tennant 2.0 is probably on the short list of things that would get me to quit this show for the foreseeable future.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Astroman posted:

My only problem with Olivia Colman is I've only ever seen her in Broadchurch playing Serious and Sad. Can she do whimsical and funny?

Peep Show and Hot Fuzz for sure. Of all the names rumored for a female Doctor, she's by far my favorite choice. She's great.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Guy A. Person posted:

I still want to give the new showrunner and Doctor a chance but man if it is a boring choice I am not going to give it a ton of leeway

I've seen nothing he's done previous, what makes him so boring (aside from being another generic looking white guy)? Not arguing, just genuinely curious. Is he a poo poo actor?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

I like him, but he's one of those actors I'd have difficulty separating from his previous work.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Burkion posted:

I am blown away by them just now realizing Doctor Who is about progress and more left wing stuff

Like that's always been a thing.

Ever since the beginning.

The Daleks were loving Nazis. Are Nazis. They are the most evil thing in the universe that the Doctor always fights.

But I can't be too surprised given the Zygon two parter.

See also; Trekkies when confronted with a female person of color as the new lead. (Also 25 years ago with a male person of color!)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Bicyclops posted:

*Touching self on the nose, eyes, hair, stomach* "Wait a minute... hang on, just a second, it can't be! It just absolutely can't be! I've lost my fantastic sticky-up hair!" *a Sontaran teleports into the TARDIS*

"I'm a....I'm a....I'm a blonde! Again?! Well at least it's not permed this time!"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

2house2fly posted:

I'd probably prefer a standard "blonde eh? How's the ears? Jesus." to actively lampshading the gender change with a Moffaty "ah excellent I'm a woman, so much better than being a man" or whatever

I wasn't referring to her gender at all, just another opportunity to dunk on C.Baker :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

HD DAD posted:

And seven was not that...svelte.

It's just that picture. The actual figure is appropriately stout.

• Locked thread