Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I would hope for Saboo Ayoade -- he's been to the crunch :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

I can't remember the episode off the top of my head, but there's at least one Patrick Troughton one where he addresses the audience (not part of the episode; it was shown prior, I think) to tell the kiddies that this week's episode is really scary, and their mums and dads might get really scared, so they might want to take hold of mummy or daddy's hand to reassure them. :3:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Twisted Perspective posted:

I've never heard of it before and I seriously doubt it exists.

It's not part of an episode; sorry my memory's shoddy but I seem to recall reading it years back -- it was something done up to be shown prior to one of the episodes. Now I've got to look it up because it's driving me batty trying to remember where I read it. It was probably in one of those celebration books from yonks back, but it stuck with me.

As Twisted Perspective mentions, it probably doesn't exist alas.

Still, the WNJS footage of PT calling Colin Baker Miss Piggy still survives, and that's fine by me.

Found the reference! Yay, it had to do with Web of Fear of all things

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/getting-to-know-who-the-missing-episodes-the-web-of-fear/

Scroll down to 'why it's worth a watch.'

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 11, 2013

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Throb Robinson posted:

John Hurt has the best voice. I just want a series of him talking technobabble.

There are passages from Suetonius and Dio Cassius related to Caligula that I would dearly love to hear him read (especially when Caligula replies to his sister, suffering in exile on his order, 'I have swords as well as islands, you know.') :allears:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Asema posted:

What happened with the humans and the zygons and if they ever came to a peace treaty because oh my god there was 5 seconds left before London explodes.

They let Zygons become bygones.

My question is, why didn't they address that issue of the Zygons leaving behind their pet dog in Loch Ness? :scotland:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

James R posted:

I keep reading a whole load of bullshit about how The Master slipped through with the regenerations and is inside The Doctor, thus messing him up/asking if he's a good man, and that there'll be some sort of biological meta-crisis type event again where he'll syphon off into a new body.

Played by Craig Ferguson.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Then they just need to both start playing some punk music and it will be like the 80's never ended.

'Oops, I Did it Again' would sew it up for me.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

In this costume:

Now I would believe that man had a horse-box shaped Tardis parked up at a fun fair.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Whilst Davros would be cool, it also sounds to me like Morbius, when he's really wound up in his jar (just been revisiting Brain of Morbius).

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

I still want it to be Morbius so that a new generation can be baffled by all the extra faces that show up when the Doctor and Morbius have a brain-off :colbert:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Philip Hinchcliffe is still alive 'n' kicking. That's the hope that keeps my own stony heart going.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Doctor Who Spoilers: I told you it was Morbius

Doctor Who Spoilers: Ca Plan Pour Moi - Craig Ferguson/Master

Doctor Who Spoilers: No, Not the Mind Probe.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

PantsOptional posted:

Episode 3: Robin Hood with evil robots working alongside the Sheriff. The Doctor uses a spoon to fight Robin Hood and the two of them compare dicks for the rest of the episode.

Having not read the scripts or seen any casting information, I am holding out hope that, at the very least, Robin was Rik Mayall's last role before his sad death recently.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

"I LOOOOOVE givin' it to the poor! WOOF!"

And the accompanying visual...and oh look, the Doctor's already met Robin Hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJI80YLG10

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Nah, the Tardis just likes a bit of the rough.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Harlock posted:

They wasted Timothy Dalton as Rassilon. He would have been a great foil for Capaldi Doc as Master. Two ornery old guys going at it. Could also make it comical. The BBC version of Grumpy Old Men.

Robert Allam in a moustache as the Master

'Oh gently caress, it's you again; nice Robert Palmer hair you've got.'

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

'Thanks so much for leaving me on an Earth full of dinosaurs and not so much as a working calculator, Doctor.'

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Dabir posted:

There's something very unsettling about her face.

I got to know her cousin at a conference a couple years back (he's a history professor); he adores her, but said that sadly she's had some terrible plastic surgery over the years :smith:.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Stop feeding the shitposters and talk about how Missy is definitely The Master. Goddamn.

I'm still convinced she's going to turnout to be Craig Ferguson.

:colbert:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Sure, why not, it all makes sense: it was probably the Rani who produced the quick-growing trees with some leftover tree-land-mines, and that's why you didn't see anyone else in London. :tinfoil:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

You can make arguments for any of the above. eg. Missy is Adric: After surviving the crash of the freighter in Earthshock, Adric became obsessed with the people the Doctor let die during his adventures.

You can't mend people!

edit to fix my bad memory of a fantastic character

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 29, 2014

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Hmm...magician in Latin is rendered either as magis (wise) or...magister -- which is also 'master.'

Nope, not going there.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Well there's always the Asian child...

Master/Missy Tardis reveal to show she's rescued Adric at the last minute and has had him hanging from her wall like a piece of 1970s string art all this time.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

Wouldn't be the first time.

That's what I was referencing.

With luck he's had time to 'adjust his clothing' from the last time.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Craig Ferguson as the Celestial Toymaker.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

If she regenerate into Susan, I will be more unreasonably angry at a television show that a rational adult should be.

I'm :corsair:, and been watching/enjoying the show for 40+ years now, since I was a little boodlets, and the Clarification of the show's history/context/background/whatever over the past three years has been irksome.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

jivjov posted:

Oh god; I hope they aren't making CGI doubles of Ainley and Delgado. Tarkin was barely out of the uncanny valley, and the BBC Mill doesn't have nearly the experience that ILM does.

If the budget is tight, maybe they'll recreate one or the other using a Thunderbirds-style puppet with the Master supplying absolutely no explanation for how he ended up in that state.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

After The War posted:

Um, hello, post-Planet of Fire? We can finally get the Master re-bigulation story Big Finish continues to deny us.

Well, yeah, but I'm suggesting he remain a Thunderbirds-style puppet, to save the BBC a bit of pocket money.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Tom Hardy as his character from Taboo.

'Golly, Doctor, the TARDIS is bigger on the inside than on the outside!'

:stare: [grunt]

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

I'd like to see a follow up of the Mrs Purchase Cyberman where she meets up with Steven Toast.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Interesting that Steven Toast's name hasn't been mentioned amongst the candidates for next Doctor, like how hes never mentioned for the James Bond role even though hes auditioned for it.

He's already been in Doctor Who and was disillusioned by the experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z44kBaGmuM&t=231s

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Weren't there hints/speculation that Susan showed up in this series (aside from the photo on the Doctor's desk in episode 1).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Richard Ayoade would also be an appropriate person to have in a crunch, as most people can't handle the crunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4c9wUIY9IQ

• Locked thread