Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

That there's a Colin Baker fan twitter? A few years ago, I'd have said not very likely...

Dunno, though. All the classic actors have denied everything so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

Fitz was a great companion. Who should've played him alongside Paul McGann if they'd been on TV?

Alan Davies.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

NarkyBark posted:

Rory Kinnear already said he's not the Doctor, from two days ago:

"I don't where it [speculation] came from and how these things evolve. I haven't been and I am totally certain that I will not be asked to be the next Doctor Who. If I was an actor who was really longing to play Doctor Who, then this would be torturous, but it's a program I've never watched, so I don't even really know what it is."

That's always an odd sort of statement from a British actor his age, and seems like they're trying too hard to not know what it is so people will stop asking. It's just within the realms of possibility that he detests watching TV and always has, but it'd be like claiming he doesn't know what Casualty or Coronation Street are.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Radio Times claims classic Doctor in 50th Anniversary special.

Wouldn't they know for sure? I mean, the Radio Times is still in-house, right?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Delzuma posted:

What country are you worried about? It's live on BBC America at 2:00pm Sunday.

I'll join him in being concerned about finding a livestream; I'm in the US, and don't have a working telly. Haven't wanted or needed one for years, any shows I watch, I watch online.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

I think "stop watching" harkens back to RTD's comment about ming mongs, where they would now huffily only watch each episode 29 times instead of 30.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

2house2fly posted:

Wait but do Time Lords age? The doctor claimed to have been pottering about for 200 years in the first Silence episode, and nothing that happened later seemed to contradict him. But the Master aged him with a laser screwdriver in the episode where the Master was prime minister. I'm sure there have been other reference but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

They do, but only after they've regenerated, and bump into themselves at anniversary specials.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Squidtits posted:

The 50th has the return of the Zygons who first appeared in Tom Bakers run so maybe it will be a Zygon disguised as Tom.

Or maybe the zygon is just a rubber costume, whose mask will be pulled away to reveal... Tom Baker.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All over my facebook this morning:

Hoping this will basically be the new title sequence.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

I'd be the first to beg for another McGann story onscreen, but I'm guessing that's a shot taking during Night of the Doctor. The way he's standing, it's almost like they were originally planning to have him regenerate inside the TARDIS.

That, or he took advantage of being at the studio and just got his photo snapped on the set.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't care much for audio drama, but FYI, John Hurt was also Aragorn in the animated Lord of the Rings from 1978. It's allegedly fairly terrible, though.

It... Could have been better. And of course, they never finished the trilogy. You do get Pat Troughton as Bilbo, though, iirc.

E: Apparently I don't recall correctly. Could have sworn he played him in some animated version.

Wolfechu fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 13, 2014

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Thread's been quiet lately, so here, have a shot of Peter Capaldi trying to squeeze in (or out) of a miniaturised TARDIS.

Lots more pics here.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

But will there be Tim Curry in drag during the solo number?

Tim Curry as River Song might work.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All this "am I a good man" stuff - Valeyard shenanigans ahead, calling it now.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

That hasn't been confirmed.

But they've already cast her replacement!

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Whose that? It looks like someone baked her!

Katy Manning. So either Jo Grant or Iris Wildthyme, take your pick.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

For comparison:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

I would love to see Craig Ferguson in Doctor Who (and you know he would do it in an instant) but I can't imagine what role he would fit in.

As much as I love Michelle gomez, he should have been the master to Capaldi's Doctor.

• Locked thread