Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Timby posted:

I doubt they could afford him after Avengers, but Tom Hiddleston could be brilliant.

gently caress that make him the new Master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Stephen Fry with Alan Davies as the companion.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I've seen James Callis on some of those odds lists and I think he would be great. That guy needs more work.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Metal Loaf posted:

I remember James McAvoy was seen as a serious contender for replacing Tennant, but I guess he's busy with the X-Men movies now.

Plus he needs to keep himself available for when they decide to reboot TNG.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Shut up Wesley!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Chairman Capone posted:

I can't imagine a guy that old and/or not that good looking would ever get the role, sad as it is to say.

Do looks really factor into it though? Matt Smith definitely wasn't cast for his looks. Dude looks weird.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Fazana posted:

Then again tt might be because they've signed a female lead, Coleman being retained makes me doubt that though.

In asylum of the Daleks she did say that she went through a phase. :pervert:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rhyno posted:

We both know it's the latter but I don't care. William Hurt is awesome no matter what.

When did William Hurt join the cast of the 50th?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

James R posted:

I just had the most incredible idea, for if Christopher Eccleston was involved.

We see The War Doctor regenerate into Ecclestone's Doctor and then get a few minutes of action with his Doctor before the end of the episode, like a montage building up to him meeting Rose in the department store in the first episode of 'The Revival'.

What do we see in the montage? Eccleston's Doctor standing at the side of the road as an on-looker at the assassination of President Kennedy, like the picture we see of that in the episode where Rose meets the guy who has found and collected pictures of The Doctor. Connects and ends the 50th Anniversary episode with the 50th Anniversary of JFK's assassination and ties into the first series of the revival when the picture of it turns up.

This:-

Is he there to stop Spock?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Stairs posted:

Exactly.

Also, remember when River regenerated in NYC and we never saw that life? How many lives did she have before she re-regenerated into Mels? We never saw Clara's mum pregnant, so what if her parents met, got married, fell in love, and adopted baby Clara? God I hate being able to rationalize this but for Moffat it makes so much sense.

You saw Mels grow up with the Ponds. Do you really think Clara is going to regenerate into a little girl?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
So is this special just going to ignore that clara wiped all the Dalek's memories of the Doctor?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Barry Foster posted:

It does feel right that Matt 'friend to all children' Smith's Doctor gets to be a puppet in a Punch and Judy show for his regeneration episode.

EDIT - Who wants a trailer? Who wants even more creepy voices reciting rhymes about the Doctor dying?

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/video/the-time-of-the-doctor-trailer/

Getting really sick of all the nursery rhymes everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Sontarans were really only major bad guys in that Tennant two parter. I wouldn't mind seeing another episode about them.

• Locked thread