Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Hugh Laurie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sentinel Red posted:

The Telegraph is poo poo but that's more in terms of viewpoints and political leanings. As far as actual news goes, it's not really in the same league as the Sun/Mail/Express for outright making poo poo up for fluff entertainment stories so who knows. I can't imagine for a moment though that Rory Kinnear is seriously going to be the next Doctor though, he's just...acting wallpaper, innit? There's no spark, no buzz there.

The problem is, no matter how hard I try, when I look at Rory Kinnear, I see his segment of "Black Mirror."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wheat Loaf posted:

He just felt guilty about selling out his best friend to the personification of Death.

See, you say this, then I look at your avatar, and then I look at the text under your avatar, and I’m thinking…

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

computer parts posted:

She's apparently coming back in some audio dramas.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-diary-of-river-song-1313?range=113

She's also appearing in an upcoming Eighth Doctor box set.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/doom-coalition-2-1222

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I love Alex Kingston, I just hated how freakin’ SMUG River gets at times with Moffat writing her. I am intrigued to see how (and who) Big Finish writes for her…

Three seasons is “just right” for the Doctor. It’s how long Hartnell, Troughton, and Davison stayed, Pertwee stayed for four, and Tennant/Smith did three seasons + a whole bunch of specials. One season to get a grip on the Doctor’s characterization, one or two seasons to BE the Doctor, and one season to wrap everything up before moving on to the next Doctor. Baker’s run was a happy accident, but it’s no surprise most of his best stories are towards the beginning and middle of his run…

Three seasons of Capaldi works for me! Just please not three seasons of Twelve/Clara. I love their chemistry, but half the fun isn’t just a new Doctor, but a new companion as well.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is a really dumb way to go about things. You can still enjoy Empire Strikes Back without brooding over Attack of the Clones and you can still enjoy Halo 1 even though Halo 4 continues to exist. I don't understand why nerds let single entries destroy entire franchises for them. The originals still exist!

This is the only thought that consoled me after wasting three bucks on Aliens: Colonial Marines.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Tennant’s body…with Colin’s voice!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
And meanwhile Donna Noble just spins through life unawares.

*shakes fist* MOFFAT!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Sure, just change this to a question mark handle.

I would be down with this. He carried a movie alongside Colin Firth, Mark Strong, and Samuel L Jackson and was amazing in the process.

(I don’t know how many times I’ve re-watched the church fight on Youtube. God, Kingsman was such a good movie in the end)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just give him love - he'd do anything for it (except that).

You took the words right out of my mouth.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Stop right there.

I gotta know right now.

Before we go any further...

Yes, I own a DVD copy of Black Dog.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Not all bad, she’s now able to ask for $80 bucks (USD) for a photo at a convention…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

cargohills posted:

Is anybody commenting on the fact that two of the episode titles are Big Finish titles or are we all just having a fit about trees or whatever

Thin Ice and...?

• Locked thread