Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'm fairly certain that's what they did for the Doctor's Wife.

The Doctor's Wife used the actual 9/10 controlroom set. They left it intact for two extra years for that purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

Everything we've seen from Eleven onwards has been the Doctor knowing that he's destined to meet he's alternative self and die to allow the timelines to be fixed and end the Timewar once and for all. Tennant knew this too and feared his death/regeneration because of it.

That is some great fanwank. Even fits in with what was behind The Doctor's door in The God Complex.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder if she is just the Tardis in human form and using Rose since she was Bad Wolf.

I don't really see why they'd do that unless Suranne Jones wasn't available.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

10 would not know who Suranne Jones is

Yeah good point as 11 didn't recognise her.

The inevitable timeline diagrams after this are going to be Primer-like.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

You saw Mels grow up with the Ponds. Do you really think Clara is going to regenerate into a little girl?

I can see it now. An adult not-yet Alex Kingston River climbs into a crib at a maternity hospital and regenerates into baby Clara.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Astroman posted:

So it would seem they have a costume. :dance:

Looks like a fairly modern cut suit.

I don't think thats it. I read an interview with Moffat from a few days ago where he said that the costume is always the final thing they get around to doing before filming, always in a rush. He said that they didn't have one yet.

Obviously the Moffat lies, but that picture looks like he is wearing Malcolm Tuckers usual grey suit, which isn't something that they probably want to consciously associate with the new doctor.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

According to someone on another forum, who got it from yet another forum, the previously posted spoilers is a 100% accurate plot description and its caused a minor shitstorm involving internal BBC memos, several set people being fired, and future series are to be filmed in complete lockdown.

Anyone know anything about this?

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I heard it from a guy that you're 100% correct that this rumour exists

:v:

We'll have to wait to see if it shows up in Private Eye.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Astroman posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if it was true. It shocked me that pretty much NOTHING besides a few set pics was leaked from Day of the Doctor and all the "spoilers" were wildly wrong, and then the very next episode we got a blow by blow, apparently 100% accurate synopsis.

It kind of took my by surprise, since my usual "spoiler mode" with finales and big episodes is "stay in spoiler thread til as late as possible when the full details come out." This came so soon and was so full it's probably more than I would have wanted to know. :(

I was still on the fence about how accurate it could be, but then somebody capped this from one of the BBC christmas trailers;

It pretty much confirms the ages 900 years part of the spoiler synopsis. It also looks really rubbish.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Burkion posted:

WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT RIVER AND GETTING HER BACK?

Oh hey remember that wacky best friend who's totes been around Amy and Rory foreves and is just so wacky and they talk about her all the time and named their daughter after her and gets into SO MUCH TROUBLE and is even more obsessed with the DOctor and has been friends foreves?

No? You don't? Because she didn't exist until this episode?

Well she's River.

SHOCKINGTWISTSECUREDSOCLEVER

I can't see Moffat not getting River out of the Library computer before his showrunner tenure is up.

Probably through an initially unassociated story which enables creating flesh bodies for digital programs or someshit.

twoot fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 15, 2013

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

As he is wearing Victorian PJs I'd guess we're going to get a re-run of The Christmas Invasion, with the doctor being out of commission in bed for at least part of the episode.

twoot fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 14, 2014

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Irisi posted:

Not sure about the waistcoat underneath his natty coat though. The lighting, and the way it's cut so straight across the bottom makes it look more like a cardigan.

I'm pretty sure that it is a cardigan.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

The BBC has really increased the effects budget

not my image.

twoot fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 12, 2014

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Did "Listen" not get leaked?

It was on the list :shrug:

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

marktheando posted:

I assume the 'insensitive to those who have suffered a loss' thing is to do with the heaven stuff, rather than bringing back a character whose actress died.

Clara's Gran is in the castlist. With the comments about it being insensitive I'm guessing they kill her off in the first 5 mins and make a mess of it.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Klungar posted:

Seriously, what is up with Capaldi's chin in these promo materials? :confused:

It looks like they've stitched a mouth and chin from a different picture over that one. Maybe he didn't look grumpy enough in the original.

Michelle Gomez has been airbrushed within an inch of a barbie doll too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

here is one http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/32801/doctor-who-series-8-death-in-heaven-spoiler-free-review

• Locked thread