Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I don't know what Fitz the companion is like, but now I'm imagining Robbie Coltrane as a companion.

I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

e X posted:

That's because all the different tv shows were improvised.

While you may have seen the show enough to be correct, you didn't recognise that what you quoted is an exact quote from the show.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Although he spent his first full (christmas)episode either asleep or not entirely knowing what kind of Doctor he would be.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

XboxPants posted:

They also explicitly have someone who was around with the dinosaurs in the vastly different alternate world of Doctor Who directly testify that in fact, dinosaurs were that big in that universe.

(...there's nothing wrong with that dinosaur's size)

Just for emphasis sake.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

God, the normal thread is going to poo poo a brick with the final line of next episode.

Or not.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

Or not.

Goddamn, spoke too soon.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/death-in-heaven-episode-synopsis.html

Did we know this yet? UNIT vs Missy and that's somehow related to Cybermen as well

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Is she the dream lord?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh wow, that skeleton hand pressing the button.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"The 28-year-old actress’s decision to remain as the Time Lord’s glamorous assistant Clara Oswald in another series will delight millions of fan"

:v:

True, Ignoring the dubious area between The Snowmen and Deep Breath she's been really good.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Timothy Dalton was offered Bond at 22, supposedly. That's close.

But was he a punk?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Posting this in this thread as if I'm right it concerns a future episode, but in the UNIT scenes, was that Reece Shearsmith hanging around in the background? I imagine that will become important later but I have no idea how yet.4

EDIT: Yeah, rewatching, they're really obviously showing him while pretending he's just in the background. Classic Moffat.

BSam fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 20, 2015

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dang, I was so sure, he's just so conspicuous.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

River's been played by multiple actresses, and she's pretty arguably not a Time Lady.

Also Amy/Amelia Pond

edit: and rory.

we saw baby rose and mickey in Fathers Day too didn't we?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Joke's on Moffat, I've skipped every spin-off thus far and Class won't be the one to break my streak.

You even missed this?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

The Midday of the Master.

"No sir, all thirteen!"

*HISSSSS*

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Burkion posted:

Wait they let the Forest of the Night guy write another episode?

Nice, that was a decent episode. Looking forward to his new one.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

I mean...Forest of the Night wasn't horrible....up until the "Hey kids, don't take medications!!" moral.

Yeah I know, I just love how irrationally angry Burkion gets over that slight misstep.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Agent Orange, the only defoliant.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Burkion posted:

and got cancer like my grandfather.

To so lazily include that as a plot point, to even throw that idea that ANY GOVERNMENT

1, apologies, that sucks.

2. but have you met our governments?

3. and yeah, we've already discussed the poo poo out of the medicine bit.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

I hope Capaldi regenerates into Bradley and Doctors repeating their regenerations becomes canon. Already looking forward to Shearsmith returning as Troughton.

If the Doctor regenerates into Shearsmith it'll mean he was somehow deeply touched by the character from Sleep No More, and not even I remember that episode.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

6 - Extremis (Written by Steven Moffat and Directed by Daniel Nettheim; Guest Star: Michelle Gomez)

"They read The Veritas - and chose hell."

In the Haereticum (the Vatican's secret library of blasphemy) there is an ancient book known only as The Veritas. Throughout history, anyone who has ever read it has immediately taken their own life. Now a new translation is online, and the danger is spreading. The Vatican appeals to the Doctor. Will he read The Veritas? But can even the Doctor survive the ultimate truth?

7 - The Pyramid at the End of the World (Written by Peter Harness and Steven Moffat and Directed by Daniel Nettheim)

"Fear is inefficient. We must be loved."

A 5,000-year-old pyramid stands at the centre of a war zone, where the Chinese, Russian and American armies are about to clash. There are many problems with that, but the one that intrigues the Doctor is this: there wasn't a pyramid there yesterday. The Doctor, Bill and Nardole face and alien invasion unlike any other - before conquest can begin, these alines need the consent of the human race.

8 - The Lie of the Land (Written by Toby Whithouse and Directed by Wayne Yip)

"I'm sorry, Bill, I really wanted to make you see!"
"Oh my God, this is real. You're really doing this!"

The world is gripped by a mass delusion and only Bill Potts can see the truth. When even the Doctor is fighting on the wrong side, it's up to Bill to convince the Time Lord that humanity is in deadly danger. And if she can't do that, she may just have to kill her best friend.

reading these back, i really like that they didn't hint at 3 parter

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Astroman posted:

Now you know Moffat is saving some ace up his sleeve that nobody has leaked. Will it be more Masters as rumored, perhaps CGI Delgado or Ainley? Beevers or Pratt in updated makeup? Derek Jacobi? Or something even more off the wall? He's got to go balls out for his and Capaldi's last episode for sure.

i'm hoping it will be in the vein of tennant visiting all the companions from the rtd years.

Capaldi just seeing all the moffat era companions and not giving a poo poo really.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

cargohills posted:

I've also heard that Chris Chibnall isn't happy with how fan-centric the show has gotten so I'm not at all convinced that they'd bring back the villains from one story in 1980. I wouldn't mind one long story or more Time Lord characters, though.

I've love for the new doctor to catch up with jago and litefoot.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

"So, we managed to successfully bring the Mondasian Cybermen back in a creepy episode that really highlighted the horror of them. Now what? That stupid Iron Man flight would be good, right?"

So much for being able to escape them just by going up some stairs.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

gently caress it, we had an amazing cyberman (origin) episode. the following episode, while being great, wasn't a great cyberman episode (purely because the weren't defeated with gold?) doesn't take away from last weeks episode.

I really need to listen to Spare Parts again.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

I would love to see Craig Ferguson in Doctor Who (and you know he would do it in an instant) but I can't imagine what role he would fit in.

Perhaps in a sequel to the Dream Doctor episode. There are two new Doctors in the TARDIS brought forth from the twelfth doctors psyche, one is the personification of his confidence, and the other his paranoia.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

Well the revival has had quite a few scenes where they are clambering around on the outside of the TARDIS in space...

Hey Doctor! Oxygen's for losers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

Sam Kisgart movin' on to the "real" universe.

I hope Benny and her Unbound David Warner Doctor show up as well then.

• Locked thread