Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl
Oh funk yes, a spoiler thread

SPOIL ME BABY I WANNA KNOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

jivjov posted:

Sadly we don't know much anymore :( I hear John Hurt is in the anniversary special though!

That's enough to know it's gonna be AWESOME! Holy crap am I happy I found a free Dalek 3d model right now.

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

Davros1 posted:

Maybe Hurt's Doctor is a actually a brainwashed Zygon? A Zygon who was impersonating The Doctor during the Time War, but The Doctor tricked into thinking he's really The Doctor?

I had to go look like that up but it's a really interesting theory: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Zygon

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

quote:

I just want a showrunner who will write one or two scripts a season, edit other writers as needed, and do a classic-style "let's wander around different worlds and do stuff" Who instead of going completely up their rear end with timey wimey continuity twists and overcomplicated arcs. Season finales should be about more than explaining the obtuse references shoehorned into your regular episodes.

I'm sorry I LIKED Moffat's cliffhanger, I thought it was brill. And if you read the Shroud of Sorrow novel, I think it will answer a lot of things for you, I know it did for me. Well, does. I'm still reading it. Clara the "Impossible Girl" is an amazing companion and I need to watch Asylum of the Daleks again. I love the white spinning one. "WHEE I'M A PRETTY BALLERINA!"

Neil Gaiman probably tops my chart as favorite Who writer, though. Cannot WAIT for Anniversary Special. Bring it on.

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl
[accidental double post]

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl
Well, I'm 27 and my first thought when I saw the new Doctor was "OH MY GOD THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD" ... the fact he's Ollivander doesn't hurt either! The guy has an amazing filmography, if anyone can pull this off, this guy can.

quote:

I think it's more likely to be the Time Lady version. She's wearing red and it would explain how she got there - in her own TARDIS.

The thought of Clara with her own Tardis makes my brain hurt... I can kind of see that happening though, after all, she's scattered across the Doctor's timeline now like confetti and she's the new "Impossible Girl" ... nothing is too daring or strange for her. She's the new River Song.

ButtercupSaiyan fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 8, 2013

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

CobiWann posted:

The problem is, no matter how hard I try, when I look at Rory Kinnear, I see his segment of "Black Mirror."

I am really not able to picture this dude as a the Doctor.

But hey, if they're right, an Irish doctor will be fascinating.

PantsOptional posted:

I picked up the book the other day for my kids and gave it a read with this comment in mind. It doesn't answer anything. It is its own self-contained adventure. There's a lot of nice bits in there which are references to prior Companions, but it doesn't connect at all with the cliffhanger.

I'm still getting caught up on classic Who so I bet all this stuff that is pretty new to me is incredibly obvious to you...

So this guy is the infamous one?> http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sixth_Doctor

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ButtercupSaiyan fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl
Oh, what nationality is here?

Man, I miss Rose and Doctor Donna. I really hope they bring them back...

• Locked thread