Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Let's hope this was a passing thought to answer an interview question and not an idea that will percolate:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/01/doctor-who-steven-moffat-tempted-to-bring-river-song-back.html

She better loving not come back, I found her character infuriating.

This is a chance for them to purge all of the poo poo that Moffat foolishly introduced during Matts era as the Doctor. To allow this particular cancer back would be unfortunate at the least for the show. No more Moffucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bown posted:

Does ANYONE like Vastra, Strax and Jenny? Is there anyone except Moffat himself who wants to see them back?

I actually really like Strax, he's pretty good for some light comic relief. The other two I couldn't care less about.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

HD DAD posted:

Supposedly we're getting a Capaldi costume reveal today. The words "Victorian" and "charcoal" have been thrown around, no idea if that's gonna be accurate or not.

I hope so. I kind of hope that they'll go with a style similar to Matt Smith series 7 onwards, specifically the 'The Snowmen/Time of the Doctor' outfit, that had a pretty good Victorian feel to it. And watching the post regeneration scene with Capaldi again, the outfit actually suits him - it'll need some minor personalisation tweaks of course.

Sans bowtie of course.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I quite like that, kind of what I was expecting. It'll be interesting to see how this evolves throughout his tenure as the Doctor, and where the cloak is hidden.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I was thinking the same, looking at the photo a bit closer, it looks like he's got a really long collar which looks a bit odd without anything else, so I'm thinking maybe they've omitted a few parts of the costume (like a tie) so on his first episode we'll have a little surprise with a fuller, more decorated costume.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Man, that run makes me think Capaldi's doctor is going to be a lot of fun.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

yeah you can't get any worse than river song

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The only one that really has interested me from reading the scripts was the bank heist episode. I hope the unreleased episodes will be a lot better.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

with the 4th episode listen I was hoping for more focus on the monster and how they stop it rather than summarizing the episode as young doctor and how fear is important etc, etc.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Wasn't there something about an Egyptian on the Orient Express at the end of season 5?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Well, despite people saying not to expect a Malcolm Tucker Doctor, that's exactly what I think he channelled, and it was fantastic.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The cgi was pretty abysmal I'll give you that. Not that Doctor Who exactly excels at that but it felt particularly bad this time.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

The show continues to have massive budget problems. Also the new opening is terrible.

Yeah you can tell. Also the opening was abysmal, I absolutely hate it, the theme isn't that bad, but they should have stuck with the spacey-time vortex rather than spinning clocks.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The new intro was an adapted fan made video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28871058

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

"His sister isn't" on the tv is just as good as it is on paper

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I always thought that the soldiers they sent out to the war were just normal galifreyians whilst the time lords were plotting their next moves, hence the war being so costly on lives

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Missy is Moffat

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Wolfechu posted:

But they've already cast her replacement!

Does he have some string that holds his jacket open for him

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Missy is Ming the Merciless

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOn1nM6MCBQ

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

That was pretty cool considering I was expecting the Rani

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

hahaha river song is never ok

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Kilo147 posted:

Well, I'm worried now. Moffat is claiming "Brain melting revelations" this season. That can't be good.

we are gonna find out that it was bill who tried to blow the tardis up in season 5

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

yes please

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

yes please was for my boy farage

not sure about kris marshall, he tends to play the bumbling oaf, so i'm sure we'll see that in his doctor - if true

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

phil mitchell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

that would have been a really bad ending for skyfall

• Locked thread