Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Okan170 posted:

Actually I'm kind of miffed about all the lying that the production staff has been doing lately. Its kind of souring me on the whole thing.

What about the recent lying bothers you more than the lying the production staff has done since the beginning of the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

moths posted:

We all know Paul McGann filmed a regeneration scene... But what if it was Matt Smith's regeneration?
:tinfoil:

That costume he trots out at the cons looks nothing like the Fox movie costume, and we already know he wouldn't wear the wig. He could just go with the new look and everyone could pretend he didn't already play the Doctor once.

He could be the Grover Cleveland of Doctor Who. :allears:

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
I wonder if Moffat is bothered by the "Bad Wolf is important because it gets spread through time because it's important" aspect and is trying to give independent significance to it. By making it a code name for the Dalek genocide, for instance. It's the kind of retcon GMS likes.

I'd like that if he didn't make it somehow even more stupid. I live in hope.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I keep seeing this floating around as a joke - what's the basis of it?

It's the standard generic "spoiler" example, drawn from the potentially most ridiculous possible spoiler.

The fact that the Sontarans (traditional enemies of the Rutans) used a Martha clone in an episode catapulted the joke from the ridiculous to the sublime.

Enjoy your serious reply in the Something Awful Doctor Who thread.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Coq au Nandos posted:

I also want a Paul McGann two doctors episode and a Silence companion.

I want a spin-off show where a Silent and an Ood share an apartment. The Silent is loutish and slovenly, the Ood is an OCD cleaner, but despite that, they weather life's little trials and tribulations and become great friends.

I had a great name for this show, but I just forgot it. Funny, that...

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

The only way I can think of to justify those giant collar points with no tie is to put something on the collar. That's as good as anything.

Though, like I (think I) said in this thread earlier, I want to see how he moves and performs in the costume before I render final judgment.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Jose Mengelez posted:

Inside sources are telling me it's teasing a sex-tape.

At last, we'll finally learn what a "jovanka" is.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
I presume this is some use of the word "skinhead" with which I am unfamiliar, as I presume the BBC would push back on the idea of The Doctor dressing like a neo-Nazi....

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
That Scene From Zygon Invasion: The Episode

(You're forgiven for repressing that memory.)

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

all-Rush mixtape posted:

There's going to be a 3-parter for episodes 6, 7, and 8 involving a group called the Monks. Hopefully meddling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monks

Remember the Scooby Doo cartoons where the gang would stumble upon some famous people or band at the beginning and they'd all go on an adventure together? Think that, but with more rock banjo.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Timby posted:

So this is something. Capaldi says they still have to shoot the Christmas special, but he also says he's filmed the Twelfth Doctor's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH0-km7wh0A

I wonder, then, if this is recycling Moffat's original idea for season 5 had Tennant stayed (it would have begun with his regeneration / dying moments being seen in the first episode, but throughout the season we'd see events unfold as to how he ends up in that regeneration situation).

I hope Big Finish is ready to record Peter Capaldi in the adventure of Doctor Who and the Cockney Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Especially after fifty years, with the actor dead for forty-ish of them.

I think it's okay for the First Doctor to enter Sherlock Holmes/Miss Marple territory at this point, with multiple portrayals, each unique to the actor. It gets much fuzzier when the actors are still around and could play the role with little/no dissonance (as much for labor equity reasons as anything), but there are precedents for changing actors for contract reasons, say, and it working fine.

I'd love to know the various ex-Doctor actors' opinions on someone else David Bradley-ing "their" Doctor. They probably have a much more interesting perspective on this than I do.

• Locked thread