Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Giving the Doctor some sort of mortality can lead to some interesting scripts I think. Unwillingness to put another companion in harms way, how does one face the end of their life knowing the end is near, ect. and then at the end of the 13th incarnation reboot the universe and the Time Lords, Green Latern style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I do think its time to oust Moffat. I blame him for this because he can't handle a budget, scripts, and running two shows.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So CNN has jumped on the speculation bandwagon, and according to them, the list includes Helen Goddamned Mirren.

Nice to see that CNN's entertainment division is as horrible as it's political reporting.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

So according to The Sunday Telegraph says that Rory Kinnear has been offered the part. But isn't the telegraph one of those make poo poo up places?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

El Medico Quien!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

MixxMaster posted:

The Leisure Hive

So that's what Daniel Bryan would look like as a Time Lord.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

It was good but I really am not digging the whole missing Doctor concept.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I am still smiling over that Capaldi cameo. That's how you do fan service right.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Republican Vampire posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's not. Supposedly thanks to Ten's botched regeneration and The War Doctor, Moffat says that Smith is technically the thirteenth, meaning that he shouldn't regenerate unless the rules are broken. The idea is that this is where he dies so that he can be dead with a timestream that ends at Smith and his current TARDIS in the last finale.

I don't usually begrudge RTD but his botched regeneration thing pisses me off.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Forktoss posted:

The word is it's going to be a 12-episode run, possibly counting the Christmas special and having that as the series finale. Some people say this is because Who is produced/sold abroad in 14-episode blocks (13 episodes per series and a Christmas special) and that the 2013 specials took a spot each, but I'm not sure if that holds water.

You mean the British series definition of series not American right?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

It all leads up to next year's Christmas special, The Coincidence of the Doctor.

Isn't that the whole premise of the show?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Just spin it off as Doctor Who: Lost Stories or something like that.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Alternating weeks of McGann and David Bradley as 1. And then a One/Eight Multi-Doctor Christmas Special. With both of them wishing us a Merry Christmas at the end.

If they redo with David Bradley, I hope they keep the 60s groove.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

If we are going for fake titles for the thread, the Let's Kill Hitler one was great because it was true AMD it was so ridiculous.

In that vein:

Doctor Who Spoilers: Let's Kill Ghagis Khan!
Doctor Who Spoilers: Let's Save JFK!
Doctor Who Spoilers: Fighting fiction with cutlery

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I dunno, the whole reintroduction of the Cyberman isn't bad and it did bring up some interesting issues about how we use our technology. Army of Ghosts is pretty cool too.

Then every time after they kinda missed the boat.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's very easily the worst of the three.

Amen brother. They didn't know what to do with any of the characters and took too long finding what they were trying to say.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I actually didn't mind the Cyberman and their iteration in Army of Ghosts/Doomsday but at least RTD did some interesting political commentary with them.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I can't read what that is...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Why couldn't the Master of just been always been insane and the drums are only just a part of it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Also, RTD wrote better companions.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I like Jenna Coleman and I like Clara, so I say keep her.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Mameluke posted:

I love that the Doctor's started wearing a tattered hoodie.

Bill Belicheck as the next doctor confirmed.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

It would be interesting if this is their first and essentially final encounter for them.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

First from the Doctor's point of view: Silence in the Library.
First from River's point of view: Let's Kill Hitler.

Good lord Moffat hosed up River's concept so much.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I said come in! posted:

A person of color would have been way better, but this will do I suppose! I know a lot of idiots feel like this is checking off political correctness checkboxes or some dumb poo poo, but representation in media is super important. I mean I am a white straight male and I love this, I loved when Ghostbusters was an all female cast, I love what I have seen of the Black Panther movie so far. Casting only white males over and over again is boring.

Forgive me as I am an American, but what would e more controversial: a black man as the new doctor or a Muslim man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Define "Muslim". Middle Eastern, Pakistani, what

Or Northern Africa. I guess my point was that my perception of Europeans would be they wouldn't flip out over a black man but any guy who sounds like they are from the Middle East/former colony and they would lose their mind.

• Locked thread