Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Someone just suggested Patrick Stewart as the next Doctor Who. It's ridiculous but then I pictured it and I laughed and laughed. Him prancing around doing Doctor dialog would be hilarious. It'll never happen but in my head it's wonderful.

"It's too late, I went back in time and saw everything"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

I've seen James Callis on some of those odds lists and I think he would be great. That guy needs more work.

Only if we get a head-companion.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

thexerox123 posted:

Don't say that, you know it would be River.

I just realized we already just did that in the last episode with the doctor kissing the air, I am sorry but James Callis has to be taken out of the running, anything that increases the chances of flooding the River needs to be blocked.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

To be fair to RTD a lot of his decisions actually made for a great background mythos at the time. Moffat's reopening old doors for the sake of storytelling since he sees potential in it.

It's actually all very clever: RTD introduces the time war and other concepts so the new series has a clean break for new viewers and Moffat slowly reintroduces the old ideas in ways that the new audience can get on board with.

I hope next season ends with him restoring Galifrey and the next season starts with him running away again after realizing they are a bunch of boring dicks.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I really dislike the whole Clara "you are old now I don't know who you are" Last season she literally went through his entire past and visited every version of him, should should be aware that he can be old and that he regenerates and changes none of this should be a surprise at all.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Doctor Who SPOILERS: I'm sorry I'm so sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Wheezle posted:

It's a theme so overplayed by this point that I can't see what could possibly be new or interesting about it.

They talk about it nonstop but they never really show him going overboard or doing anything more then what's needed to save the planet for the billionth time.

• Locked thread