Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
The scene was certainly intended to imply a recent regeneration but I suppose you could argue that it was just the first time he'd had the opportunity to look in a mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

moths posted:

We all know Paul McGann filmed a regeneration scene... But what if it was Matt Smith's regeneration?
:tinfoil:

I would be perfectly happy with this. He could give a completely different performance and at least we'd know in advance that he was going to be good.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
What exactly is the problem people are having with John Hurt as the 9th Doctor? It seems pretty obvious that is the intention.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
The issue seems to be that some people don't want to accept that Paul McGann regenerated into John Hurt and John Hurt regenerated into Christopher Eccleston. It seems to me that the intention is that John Hurt was a full and proper Doctor. What's the problem with that?

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
^ Why?

Republican Vampire posted:

The only real complaints I've seen are that it'd invalidate a big chunk of the EU stuff that people are fond of, and that there've been a lot of Eleven references since Smith started.

Also a ton of people seem to think he's replacing Matt Smith, if twitter's anything to go off of.

You see, this is a proper answer. Thank you.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

jivjov posted:

I still like the idea of "Matt Smith is playing the 11th Doctor but he's the 12's incarnation of that Time Lord" theory, harkening back to the whole "not in the Name of the Doctor" thing.

Very much so. The Doctor doesn't include him as a proper Doctor because of the terrible things he did. That doesn't mean that he wasn't a full incarnation of the character, though.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

Royal W posted:

Couldn't it be safe to assume this is the Oswin version of Clara, presumably some time before she goes to the Asylum? Timey-wimey and all that.

I think it's more likely to be the Time Lady version. She's wearing red and it would explain how she got there - in her own TARDIS.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

Pizdec posted:

This I've got to see. Anyone got any idea which episode this is?

I've never heard of it before and I seriously doubt it exists.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

Run time 86 minutes?

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
I've frozen the video a dozen times and dammit that looks like Paul McGann.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

PriorMarcus posted:

It's not. It's Kate Stewart.

It also doesn't look anything like him.

I know its not him but even on full screen it does look like the TV movie Doctor.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
I like the green tinge to his regeneration, just like the Master. :)

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

Plucky Brit posted:

As far as I'm concerned, there were only three Star Wars films and nothing else. As soon as I decided that, I felt a lot better thinking about that franchise.

Consequently I will say that there was no appearance of the Master in Doctor Who after Last of the Time Lords, the series 4 finale never happened, there will be a Shakespeare episode soon because they haven't done one yet, and the Doctor will have as many regenerations as he likes so we'll see this series going on for a few more decades.

Which three?

As far as continuity / canon goes I like to think everything is canon if you want it to be but time is being constantly rewritten now that the Time Lords have gone and although the Doctor remembers everything a lot of it did not happen in the "current universe."

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
Night of the Doctor has 1.6m views already. :)

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

Metal Loaf posted:

The Sontaran two-parter in season four also mentioned that the Sontarans wanted to fight in the war but either weren't allowed or weren't able to (which is odd, because you'd think either side would've liked to enlist the so-called "perfect soldiers").

Or made them their first target.

Twisted Perspective fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I keep seeing this floating around as a joke - what's the basis of it?

A joke spoiler from a thread title many moons ago.

• Locked thread