Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I'm actually kind of hoping they decide to break the 'one doctor at a time except for the #-doctors specials' rule and bounce between Matt Smith and David Tennet for future seasons/arcs, depending on the episode. To me it's almost like David Tennet never really stopped being the Doctor.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Shiny Llama posted:

It seems Richard Ayoade is the only choice.

As long as he can play quirky and not all-out weird, he'd be perfect.

He would make a fantastic Doctor if he basically just plays up a Doctorified version of himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RraKa-PKFPs

Probably would be the most bemused and sarcastic but also easygoing Doctor incarnation. I could see him taking the piss and vigor of just about any horrible enemies, and make them feel like flipping idiots in the process.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6VZrDmyAiQ

Apparently Donald Cox's voice actor (who gets shouted at by a laughing Bob during this) did some acting with and knows McShane, so this was a weird injoke that spiraled into insanity.

Barry Foster posted:

There's one last bit of good news before Matt Smith's lamentable passing, and I think I'll be safe enough to tell you guys in a couple of weeks.

I'm really going to miss him.

He has had a quality run. It's still blowing my mind that David Tennant is no longer the Doctor though. It feels like he never left to me.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 4, 2013

• Locked thread