Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Porkchop Express posted:

The article mentioned Damien Lewis, and while I don't think that's very likely, I would be 100% ok with that choice.

Not a chance in hell it would be Damien Lewis, hes very in demand at the moment.

Rupert Grint though would tick a lot of boxes, and he can act. But tbh I bet its someone nobody will expect to be the next doctor, seems to be the way its done since the revival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Fazana posted:

I'm bored while waiting for my son to turn up, so here you go with the "official" odds pages for the next Doctor Who

Ladbrokes
http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/TV,-Film-and-Radio-c110000052
Peter Capaldi 6/4
Rory Kinnear 2/1
Ben Daniels 4/1
Daniel Rigby 4/1

William Hill
http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/4525088/To%2bReplace%2bMatt%2bSmith%2bas%2bthe%2bDoctor%253f.html
Capaldi 5/4
Daniels, Kinnear, Rigby all 5/1

Paddy Power appears to have taken their odds page down which is ominous, perhaps they've been advised the news is out there? Anyways they have
Capaldi 7/4
Daniels 4/1
Kinnear 6/1

The likes of Idris Elba are 12/1 at Ladbrokes, Ben Whishaw at 12/1 with William Hill and Billie Piper at 33/1 with Paddy Power ?!

The most amusing name listed (to me at least!) was William Hill having Jason Statham at 100/1 :v:

Note since you posted that Daniel Rigby's odds keep falling and falling on Ladbrokes, Hes now 2/1.

Looks like the name might have been leaked, and he fits the Matt Smith / David Tennant mold in terms of how they choose the doctors.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

That's probably why they have reopened it, yeah, but I don't think it's that significant - it's all just guess work on their parts, and seeing the surge in attention Rigby has been getting probably made them do so.

Bizarre one is that the only one who seems to have shortening odds other than Rigby, is Idris Elba.

No chance in hell that its Idris given how busy he is, just imagine its a lot of people wishing it was.

• Locked thread