Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Has there been any established criteria as to which Doctor was around the longest? For example, Eleven has been around over 200 years now, since it was established he ran around for like 200 years before going to Lake Silencio the last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm fond of the idea someone floated in the old thread where McGann, would die, regenerate into Hurt, who would go back in time to fight in the Time War alongside McGann, do whatever horrible thing, then kill McGann and cause him to regenerate in Eccleston. That way he'd be a real incarnation of the Doctor, who did something so horrible that he then altered his own personal timeline to erase himself from history.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

Supposedly, the new Doctor Who Magazine will have three excerpts from the audition script for the Twelfth Doctor. Supposedly nothing spoilery (probably just something they whipped up to try and test the person's range), but just in case:

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-12th-doctor-audition-scripts-51955.htm

This reads like the scene where Rose meets Ten, but with Ten doing an impression of Eleven.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I am aware of this, but you'd think if he still had BBC commitments they'd have thrown a fit about him shaving his hair off.

He has a few months off between filming the Gosling thing and the Christmas special, and hair grows back. I doubt the BBC got too hung up about it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Maera Sior posted:

It's possible it's the original suit, which was literally made of pants.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Tennant held onto the suit for when he inevitably came back to the role. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the original.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Would you want someone telling you Fear Her is in your future?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Has anyone speculated that Danny Pink is actually River yet?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

qntm posted:

I'm down for anything involving Colin Salmon.

This.

PassTheRemote posted:

I'm holding out hope for it being a crossover with Majora's Mask

THIS.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Were they using music from the Dark Knight as temp music in Deep Breath? If it wasn't, it was very similar.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bown posted:

What was this forum's reaction to Nightmare in Silver when it aired? Because I just tried to watch it for the first time, and it was......just absolutely lovely, a real piece of crap. All the scenes with the Doctor in his own head fighting with the Borg version of him are loving terrible. Did Gaiman seriously write this? Neil Gaiman?

I think Gaiman said the script got mucked around with quite a bit. The main thread generally agreed it was a subpar episode, but that Matt Smith vs. Matt Smith was great.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Missy is the Rani. Missy is the Master. Missy is the meddling monk. Missy is Romana. Missy is Borusa. Missy is the War Chief. Missy is the audience. Missy is the Master of the Land of Fiction. Missy is Davros. Missy is John Lumic. Missy is the Myrka. Missy is the Doctor. Missy is the Valeyard. Missy is someone new. Missy is Dodo. Missy is Katarina. Missy is Jamie. Missy is Adric. Missy is Professor Zaroff. Missy is the three Nimon. Missy is that thing from The Invisible Enemy. Missy is a bobcat. Missy is a mass hallucination on the part of the audience and never actually appeared on screen. Missy is man's inhumanity to man. Missy is John Nathan-Turner. Missy is an Ambassador

OF DEATH!. Missy is an episode of Doctor Who: Confidential. Missy is the Time Lash. Missy is Servalan from Blake's Seven. Missy is Blake from Blake's Seven. Missy is Michelle Gomez. Missy is [ad infinitum]

You had this whole wall of text and you forgot to add "Missy is River". For shame.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I will never not laugh at Capaldi running.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Senor Tron posted:

In parts of that video Seb has mannerisms identical to that of Tennant Doc. Still no clue on who Seb is meant to be though.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It was eerie how much be seemed like Ten.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Metal Loaf posted:

If Shona was to come back, I've little doubt that there'd be more ongoing relationship drama. I assume that this is the case because the last item on her list was "Forgive Dave?"

I'm also annoyed by the hypothetical thing that isn't happening.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

It's going to be revealed that she's there every time he's on Earth, and while he's away, she raids the TARDIS' wardrobe. I eagerly await the episode where they're wearing matching outfits.

And for some reason the matching outfits are Harry and Lloyd's tuxedos from Dumb and Dumber.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Espilae posted:

I just watched Genesis of the Daleks for the first time. I.. really hope they don't gently caress with it.

You do realize that even if that Davros episode happens the way it's been rumored, Genesis will still exist, and it won't be illegal to watch or even enjoy it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

While it's really unlikely, I have always really wanted to see them do exactly that. Introduce the next (or a future, but next is easiest) Doctor in the middle of the current Doctor's run. We've seen the opposite plenty, current Doctor running into his past selves, so why not see it from the other way 'round?

That said, yeah, we'd probably know who was cast months ago. It'd still be neat to do, even without a totally surprise reveal.

Well, they sorta did this already in Day of the Doctor.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

jivjov posted:

Do we know anything about it beyond this one picture?

No, but because River is in it apparently that means it has to suck.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

As someone who isn't a huge classic Who fan, I have to say, classic Cybermen are not what I think of when people say "body horror." They're just so inherently cheap looking that it's hard for me to take them seriously.

See, to me, it works because it looks like a sack of bones and organs being powered by machine.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
My fiancée and I just watched An Adventure In Space And Time, so I'm all in for more Bradley as Hartnell. He is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://youtu.be/YCkDXegqjR0

Christmas special trailer

• Locked thread