Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

That defeats the entire point though. Ugh. Moffat playing with the Time War is the worse, he lacks the imagination to do anything good with it.

Did everyone miss the fact that Day of the Doctor either changed the end of the Time War, or revealed that the time lock wasn't actually what The Doctor had thought it was previously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

kant posted:

Are we 100% sure about this? It's like a sunny nice day outside where the shed is and that doesn't seem right compared to the scenes on Gallifrey. You'd think he'd use the device from outside the area it would effect. Plus there's the whole other level of being time lock'd that has nothing to do with the time war. Isn't it supposed to be impossible for a time lord to go back in time on Gallifrey? They're always part of the same timeline.

I always assumed that it wasn't on Gallifrey, but it's quite possible for it to have been there. When talking to the moment the War Doctor does say he doesn't expect to survive.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Who was beheaded originally?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In parts of that video Seb has mannerisms identical to that of Tennant Doc. Still no clue on who Seb is meant to be though.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I believe by last book they are referring to the one released a couple of years ago that was written by Eoin Colfer. I impulse bought it at a closing down sale for a couple of dollars but haven't actually felt a desire to read it.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I hope they actually put Danny to rest and this season is about her traveling for awhile while she heals and eventually finding a place she feels like staying.

The impossible girl angle is old and completely played out now so I don't see it coming back, but it always intrigued me that there were multiple Clara's out there that "real" Clara could end up taking the place of.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I wonder if RTD not coming back at all is partly responsible for Moffat showing no signs of moving on. With RTD making a totally clean break there will be the expectation that once Moffat leaves he should do the same thing, and I can't see him ever voluntarily giving up Who entirely.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Based on the building in the background looks like it's set in the past, some kind of pre-steampunk robot?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Spatula City posted:

Actually, I think what's going on is that that two-parter takes place prior to Death in Heaven by earth chronology.

I'm also wondering if possibly when the Doctor meets Missy again in this season, it will be prior to the events of Dark Water/Death in Heaven in her personal timeline. In fact, probably prior to her whole Nethersphere plan. Moffat does love his time fuckery.

Barring the whole Mister Saxon business (when they never actually interacted until after the Master reveal) hasn't the show kept pretty consistent in The Doctor and The Master always meeting with their timelines in sync?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Speculation: Clara is gone for good at the end of this season, and part of the Christmas Special is about the Doctor getting closure to move on through also having a final encounter with River where she tells him their time is up.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I think it's more likely that the Doctor realises there's about a billion Claras out in the universe and he can just go pick up another. So he finds one, and then realises it's just not that easy, because she's not 'his' Clara.

And so Doctor Who and Rick and Morty collide even further.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Is that loving Susan?

What do we reckon, flashback scene showing Capaldi in the place of the first Doctor?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BSam posted:

Also Amy/Amelia Pond

edit: and rory.

we saw baby rose and mickey in Fathers Day too didn't we?

Also the kid from Human Nature who we later saw as an old man.

edit: Also Billy Shipton from Blink.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah it's Clara, she's wearing the outfit she wore in Raven.

Just checked and yeah, you and Jsor seem to be right.

Hopefully it's not some magic bringing her back to life scene, it would be a nice change for the revival to let a companions death stick.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 27, 2015

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Well that was a great 5 seconds of excitement. :(

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I like that the premise of Class is essentially showing more of the chaos and destruction that The Doctor leaves in his wake.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

They should just take old Press Gang scripts and make one of the characters an Ood.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Fantasy finale rewriting: Tens whole "I don't want to go..." adventure being a leadup to a classic Cyberman "we must survive..." story.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Too late now from the photos, but I would have gone with a slight visual upgrade of the suit that is also in keeping with the old ones.

A big problem for a modern audience is that the metallic cloth suits probably just look cheap. So play up the fact that it is a protective suit over human flesh, not a robot, by actually showing that. A transparent suit with a metallic sheen where you can see glimpses of the human limbs inside it.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Oh god no. I like him on QI, but his stand up is atrocious.

Wait, he's the guy who has audience members throw random things on stage and he makes "jokes" about them, right? If so, yeah, he's awful.

edit: I should note I don't think he's actually being chosen. It's clearly a joke. I just wanted to poo poo on his stand up.

Ross Noble is amazing, but works best in smaller venues.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life was Ross showing up to a late show at the Rhino Room during the Adelaide Fringe and doing a 45 minute spot most of which was audience interaction.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Ha, I never made that connection. I like it.

I don't get it.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Photo that the BBC seem to have accidentally released early:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Whovians had the theory that this is going to be a simulation that the Doctor is testing Missy in, and I just hope that's totally incorrect

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Riptor posted:

That's exactly what'll happen. This show always introduces some race/costume/whatever as a Big Deal and then reuses it a ton shortly after.

Unless it's the Power Rangers Daleks.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

They wouldn't kill Bill, but what about Nardole?

Ohhhhhhhh.

From the preview we know that more advanced cybermen appear. We also know that Nardole has an artificial body. If they converted someone with life support systems more advanced that their own they'd probably take the changes on board wouldn't they.

That preview also says they can't be sure when in the Masters time line it is, but it has to be post End of Time doesn't it? It can't be from during his Mr Saxon time because the TARDIS was stuck on Earth. He was dead between that and the End of Time, so it has to be after for him.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Man, the Red Dwarf books were really weird.

The first two Red Dwarf novels (the two that Doug Naylor and Rob Grant wrote as a partnership) are two of my favourite SF novels of all time. They do such an amazing job of fleshing out ideas from the show while building a bigger realistic feeling universe.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I think I said this earlier but yes, the Cybermen are very much sidelined in the story. Think about how they were mishandled in Death in Heaven and how big of a deal they made of the original Daleks coming back two years ago despite just being background props.

:colbert:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

The Mirror, so grain of salt, but this has the ring of truth to it: Clara is likely to come back for a quick goodbye in the Christmas special, probably similar to Amy's goodbye for Eleven.

12: And who are you?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I would love to see Craig Ferguson in Doctor Who (and you know he would do it in an instant) but I can't imagine what role he would fit in.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BSam posted:

Perhaps in a sequel to the Dream Doctor episode. There are two new Doctors in the TARDIS brought forth from the twelfth doctors psyche, one is the personification of his confidence, and the other his paranoia.

Well the revival has had quite a few scenes where they are clambering around on the outside of the TARDIS in space...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It's tricky. On the one hand I'm really looking forward to seeing One and Twelve interact and recasting is obviously the only way to do that.
On the other hand how much of that is down to me just not being super familiar with the First Doctor, having not watched any since I was a kid.
A good point of comparison would be the Day Of The Doctor. Would anyone have supported them recasting the Ninth doctor since Eccleston wasn't available?

• Locked thread