Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
it is something of a muddy way of life. I can't help feeling dirty from time to time.

pantsublast had skidmarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
super necro bump. Anyone still play this on PS4? I don't expect to ever get an active goon league going for this game but even having one person to play with would be cool. I'm a CR117 hero wishing I never chose fire, add me! Character name is Country Mac.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I actually downloaded this on a whim last night on my ps4. I'll make a guy tonight and pester you if I ever see you on.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Man, if they'd let me transfer my PC account to PS4, I'd play this all the time. Shame.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I just wish this was cross platform like FF14. Its probably hard to get this working and most likely impossible due to something dumb but its a shame.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Sometimes I think about playing on PS4 but then I think of having to mothball characters and send inventory to storage and rename half my gimmick characters and ugh gently caress this game

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Today is the 5th anniversary. The gifts are a poster for your lair and a Daybreak logo for your costume! :fap:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Also the game is coming to Xbox One sometime in the future

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

jabro posted:

Today is the 5th anniversary. The gifts are a poster for your lair and a Daybreak logo for your costume! :fap:

At some point apparently it decided it's no longer gonna boot for me. I tried logging in today three times and did a reinstall and it crashes after the video.

I'm free!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So hey, this game is now on XBox. So I downloaded it.

Does anybody still play this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

So hey, this game is now on XBox. So I downloaded it.

Does anybody still play this?

Doesn't matter much if they do, they can't play with you unless they're also on Xbox.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I got into the game for a month or so until Infamous: Second Son went on sale and it scratched all my itches (giant, roamable, unique city; missions of varying stripes; cat and mouse with anti-super swat teams; can leap-hover through the sky and Flash-run up buildings and along streets).

Also, speaking strictly for the villains' side, beating up Dr. Fate's dork patrol and the Teen Titans was way more fun than doing Joker's dirty work.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Aphrodite posted:

Doesn't matter much if they do, they can't play with you unless they're also on Xbox.

A friend of mine on PS told me everyone is on the same server - PC, XBox, etc. - and we can all play together.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

A friend of mine on PS told me everyone is on the same server - PC, XBox, etc. - and we can all play together.

Your friend is wrong. Xbox is separate from PSN/PC.

DCUO XBox Faq posted:

Q : Will there be crossplay on Xbox One with PC/PSN?
A: No. The Xbox One community will be on their own separate servers; we do not have crossplay with PC/PSN.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Bummer if that's true.

One more bummer: I'm number 10,000+ to log in to the Free queue. Average wait time is 2+ hours. Bypass this ridiculously stupid impediment with a membership! But first, you still have to NOT bypass this and wait forever before we allow you to the screen where you could buy a membership. So just leave your game on doing nothing for two loving hours before we even tell you what a membership costs.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

If the PC and PS4 servers are shared now, does that mean the accounts are shared across the platforms? That might be enough for me to pick it up on PS4 and play for awhile with my old characters.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mastajake posted:

If the PC and PS4 servers are shared now, does that mean the accounts are shared across the platforms? That might be enough for me to pick it up on PS4 and play for awhile with my old characters.

Unfortunately they are not. I actually downloaded the PC version today since I have a bunch of Smedbucks sitting in my account. When logging into the game I had to make a new character and my PS4 guys were nowhere to be found. Major bummer.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

jabro posted:

Unfortunately they are not. I actually downloaded the PC version today since I have a bunch of Smedbucks sitting in my account. When logging into the game I had to make a new character and my PS4 guys were nowhere to be found. Major bummer.

Welp. Roooooooxanne with the Red Light powers will have to just keep on keeping on then, I guess.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
That's a real bummer. I would have played the poo poo out of this again on PS4.

ziplock
Sep 19, 2002

good, bad, i am the guy with the gun.
So this is out for Xbox One now, and I've been having some fun with it. Let me know if anyone wants to get together - I doubt there's a league, maybe I should start one? I'll probably lose interest after a while but happy to play and help until then :)

The free queue to join was like 2+ hours when I was trying before. You can buy extra character slots for a one time $5 from the login screen and you'll be a 'premium' member, which I did - login times are <1 min then. I think that status is perpetual.

Still getting a feel for the classes, having a lot of fun now with a nature / hand blaster, but it's level 9 - don't know if that's a nerfed combination later on, was considering re-rolling it as a fire/hand blaster.. Rifles is pretty fun too. It's a pretty fun game, reminds me of what CoH probably should have been more like.

Feel free to look me up, I'm on mostly as Kendril

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sweet. I threw down 10 bucks to get some Marketplace Cash and 6 slots, but Premium login times aren't 2 hours long, but they can be about 5-10 minutes long still.

I've got a Luthor villain named Mister Fight and a Circe villain named Murder Master, and a Joker villain named Cuckoo Croc. I've also got a hero named Professor Blue. I'm cool with trying to League Up.

I want to do a "respec" on a character I haven't even started yet, but I guess I can't edit the character once it's created without buying a "re-spec token" or just deleting and completely rebuilding them. Which is pretty lovely.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ziplock posted:

So this is out for Xbox One now, and I've been having some fun with it. Let me know if anyone wants to get together - I doubt there's a league, maybe I should start one? I'll probably lose interest after a while but happy to play and help until then :)

The free queue to join was like 2+ hours when I was trying before. You can buy extra character slots for a one time $5 from the login screen and you'll be a 'premium' member, which I did - login times are <1 min then. I think that status is perpetual.

Still getting a feel for the classes, having a lot of fun now with a nature / hand blaster, but it's level 9 - don't know if that's a nerfed combination later on, was considering re-rolling it as a fire/hand blaster.. Rifles is pretty fun too. It's a pretty fun game, reminds me of what CoH probably should have been more like.

Feel free to look me up, I'm on mostly as Kendril

Just gonna say that fire is a melee oriented power, for the most part, so you would want to use a melee weapon if you are gonna spec any powers from it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

When I played, my favorite thing was probably the willpower/fear sets. You can get a build where you can endlessly cycle between constructs and not use any focus or whatever it is. It's not UBER TEAM FRIENDLY, but it was cool.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
As far as I know, ice is the best DPS spec by a long shot, then sorcery, mental. Not to say you can't top the DPS charts with rage but it'll be more difficult. Ice is basically "press 1 and auto attack. You win"

Which is annoying because I mained an ice tank back when the game first came out on PC and ice sucked.

Quantum is fun, that much ill say. Who cares if it isn't top DPS. Also, hand blasters are awesome. E

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I started playing again on xbox after playing the first few months it came out on PC a long time ago. I rebuilt the same guy I had, acrobat, gadgets and martial arts. I have fun with it, but am I going to get wrecked in pvp, cause thats all I remember having fun doing back in the day was stunning dudes and punching them in the face.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay, I'm having some weird stuff happening in my game.

My Hand Blaster skills are no longer working. I'm at Level 11 now. All I can do is barebones punch. My powers are working, and I wonder if it has something to do with me getting a second option for loadouts as a Control when I did my first ever group mission. Or if it's because I started my first PVP mission, got my rear end kicked a lot, and bailed on it so I could level up.

Had a Vault ticket during the Watchtower tour. Went in, got all the boxes, but the end-thing didn't trigger. So I left anyway. And now it's a hanging incomplete mission I can't finish. And I think I need to finish that to get a base.

Various items in my inventory are now red-bordered and I have no idea what that means.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

Okay, I'm having some weird stuff happening in my game.

My Hand Blaster skills are no longer working. I'm at Level 11 now. All I can do is barebones punch. My powers are working, and I wonder if it has something to do with me getting a second option for loadouts as a Control when I did my first ever group mission. Or if it's because I started my first PVP mission, got my rear end kicked a lot, and bailed on it so I could level up.

Had a Vault ticket during the Watchtower tour. Went in, got all the boxes, but the end-thing didn't trigger. So I left anyway. And now it's a hanging incomplete mission I can't finish. And I think I need to finish that to get a base.

Various items in my inventory are now red-bordered and I have no idea what that means.

Go to a vendor and repair your poo poo.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
You have to assign skill points for each loadout, so you probably have skill points sitting there unused. That'd be my guess

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

jabro posted:

Go to a vendor and repair your poo poo.

Ah. So that got me my skills back. How does stuff get broken? You get knocked out too many times?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

Ah. So that got me my skills back. How does stuff get broken? You get knocked out too many times?

Basically. Anytime you die or whatever you lose durability on your things. When it hits zero you lose the functionality of that item. Just get in the habit of repairing every time you vendor stuff and you'll be good.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay, thanks.

That still leaves me the problem of being unable to get a base because I can't finish that Ambush Bug task. Hoping the next time I get a Vault ticket, it'll work itself out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

Okay, thanks.

That still leaves me the problem of being unable to get a base because I can't finish that Ambush Bug task. Hoping the next time I get a Vault ticket, it'll work itself out.

Have you tried abandoning the quest? Not sure what it'll do to the ticket but could always try since it's not doing anything anyways.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

jabro posted:

Have you tried abandoning the quest? Not sure what it'll do to the ticket but could always try since it's not doing anything anyways.

Doesn't appear to be an option.

Also, trying to do this 4-player Swamp Thing quest, where it keeps making you go through the 'yak with the NPC' thing each time you die. Last time I tried it, it either threw me in the middle of the fight, or it kept my team locked out of it while nothing was going on behind the gate, and then if I leave, I'm a deserter, I guess.

EDIT: Wow. Going to the DCUO forums to try to ask questions there... and after signing up for an account, I have insufficient privileges to post there. Great job, guys!

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 16, 2016

ziplock
Sep 19, 2002

good, bad, i am the guy with the gun.
Not sure if this helps but:

Q: I can’t complete this quest! What’s going on?
A: We may be waiting for you to choose your reward! Look at the right-hand side of your Mission window and make a selection.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Steve Vader posted:

Okay, thanks.

This happened to me and I had to relog and it let me do the vault again.

Had alot of fun with this game while waiting for another game to come out. Lvled up to max level and completed the final story mission with the fighting of robo batman.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So it's saying all the Episodes are open for a month for the "Summer of Wonder" event. I don't know how to access them.

Also, apparently, at level 31, I can't beat a Level 15 ALERT mission.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Alerts are what the game calls group content. AFAIK you cant access the DLC stuff until you complete the story quest that gets you into the Justice League.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm already there. Not sure what the next step is.

Mightyclaw
Mar 9, 2005

What rough beast, his hour come round at last, slouches towarc Bethlehem to sell 'em a load of clams?
Now you have to play the "On Duty" missions. Your 1-player missions will probably be replays of missions you've already completed; just play them over and over and collect the rewards at the end. The idea is to raise your Combat Rating so you can access more content. Do multiplayer missions for the same reason; collect Marks of Victory until you have enough to buy cool, higher-end armor and weapons. As you gain CR, new missions will become available to you. You can also access some missions just by going to them (such as the Riverside Hotel or Gotham Hospital) but those are meant for duos and will likely be too difficult for you at first (though once you have leveled up sufficiently, it's quite satisfying to solo them.)

It's pretty grind-y, though perhaps less so now than it was. I almost never play multiplayer content, so it takes me a long time to gain much ground, but if you're more of a social type, you can evidently move pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

This thread seems dead but someone linked this in a discord so here you go:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/advance-to-cr100-happy-6th-anniversary.283156/

• Locked thread