Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

oooh new thread and lots more posters.

First.. feel free to add me to the list.

Hero: Vim Drowsy
Villian: Nutzo Berzerko

I'm updating game as we speak. Its been awhile since I've played. I first started about a year ago, leveled my hero up to 30 and started to sort out the whole CR. Vim Drowsy is working his way up to level 3.

I've been trying to get Nutzo caught up as there seems to be a rather high demand for healers in the raid missions, but I've not had much time to dedicate to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Ooooooo yeah is there. If you are a semi-competent healer you're gold in Alerts/Raids. You can pretty much be the difference between "we did it" and "gently caress, we keep wiping on this boss". (This is not to say it's a guaranteed lock with a good healer, but if you have a passable group, keeping them all alive long enough will win more often than not.)

That's the plan!

When I play my hero role, I'm a mental controller and I've gotten pretty good with that. He's pretty well balanced, and while I'm not the most skilled with fighting combos and stuff, I put out a good deal of damage while keeping everybody powered up, not that anybody notices.

Of course, every time I enter a raid and nobody is healing, everything goes to poo poo, or nobody wants to do anything because they're all waiting and hoping for a healer to show up. I don't care about PvP, and I like being a valuable team member, so its the healer's life for me.

So, the plan is to get Nutzo Berkerko leveled up and kicking butt this summer.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kortel posted:

Why is the Aquaman (event) fight so hard for people to figure out? When he jumps in the middle hit the security node things. Rinse repeat between room clearings.
WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE?!

I remember playing that last year. The first time I tried it, I had no idea what to do and so it took forever. After the first time though, I had it down. It's not even really all that hard. You just have to understand the objective and work together to get the job down.

That is the one downside of playing raids and stuff, some people have no idea what is going on, and they have little desire to figure it out. And, in many cases its people who should know better because they've played the raid or level before. When you have a good crew of people, it's amazing. When people use the message box to coordinate efforts, and the plan comes together it's extremely satisfying.

But when people ignore that stuff and the entire mission now takes a million times longer than necessary, it makes you want to kill people.

Same with that Bat Cave mission. Last time I played that single part took about 40 minutes to get through, because there were 2 people trying to tackle healer bots while everybody else just jumped around like A-holes.

I keep meaning to start playing again... now seems like a good time!

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

I remember playing that last year. The first time I tried it, I had no idea what to do and so it took forever. After the first time though, I had it down. It's not even really all that hard. You just have to understand the objective and work together to get the job down.

That is the one downside of playing raids and stuff, some people have no idea what is going on, and they have little desire to figure it out. And, in many cases its people who should know better because they've played the raid or level before. When you have a good crew of people, it's amazing. When people use the message box to coordinate efforts, and the plan comes together it's extremely satisfying.

But when people ignore that stuff and the entire mission now takes a million times longer than necessary, it makes you want to kill people.

Same with that Bat Cave mission. Last time I played that single part took about 40 minutes to get through, because there were 2 people trying to tackle healer bots while everybody else just jumped around like A-holes.

I keep meaning to start playing again... now seems like a good time!

I tried playing my hero the other day. He used to be a powerhouse controller, and i totally sucked at him. I think I need to spend a little time getting back into the swing of things. Slowly getting my Nutzo Berzerko up to level 30 in the meantime.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Throwdown posted:

I am still waiting on an invite to the Villain guild... Characters name is Signore Punchinello.

so it was you i saw the other day.
I tried to respond but my abilities to communicate in the game are pretty terrible and it didn't work out so well.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Throwdown posted:

Heh, if you are who I think you are, you are probably the only person I ever see on, unless that list in the OP hasn't been updated in a while.

I've only been getting back into it during the past few weeks or so. I tend to get carried a way and spend a bunch of time playing once I log in, so it doesn't really work out so well during the school year when I have to grade papers and write lesson plans. I'm trying to get Nutzo Berzerko up to level 30, and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I'll probably be on tomorrow night kinda late.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

here is a random question,

is it possible to line up more than one "pet"?

Like, if you have a robot sidekick and then you rock one of those sea creature trinkets, can you use them both at the same time?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Throwdown posted:

Don't know for certain but seeing how gadgets can have multiple combat pets out I would take a wager and say yes.

I've managed to put up two.
I looked into it, and there are those who, at one point or another, could stack as many as 10. It doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

So here is a long question.

I hit level 30 a little while ago and I've geared up to a CR of 46. I'm in the process of saving up Marks to start the next level of gear.

In my list of "missions" there is A TON of stuff listed, I have a few questions about these things, but there are all sorts of lists of things and it gets a bit confusing after awhile.

First - in most of these missions there are two ways to enter right? There is usually a door located somewhere on the map, or you can enter via the Y menu. Is this correct? Does it make a difference how you enter?
Second - are ALL of the Level 30 missions in the "J" menu also represented in the "Y" menu? - if this is the case, I can just go about ignoring the "J" and focus on the Y.

Is there a list with a suggested order that some of this stuff should be tackled?
I don't want to waste my time trying to rescue the rogues and realize that i get my rear end kicked the second I walk in the door.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Throwdown posted:

As I said, I am part of a big raid league, we sometimes do FoS and the t4 and under raids for speed feats and shits and giggles, we did outer in under 20 minutes the other day. If anyone wants to get involved, even if you don't want to join and just need help hit me up. Signore Punchinello.

I spent a little extra time and got myself up to CR53. Hopefully, with this guild I'll be able to jump ahead a bit.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure I know what that means, but I'm anxious to get to that point

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

mastajake posted:

Yes, he's level 30 and was working fine up until today. I'm not having this problem with my other character.

Check your skill points, they reset every now and then

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

mastajake posted:

Wow, the difficulty really ramps up after you hit 30, doesn't it?

Another thing about this is that success is determined by how good you are at your roll, but at the same time, it also depends on how good the people you are working with are. How skilled they are, and how well they can do their jobs can make or break a team. It can mean the difference between a raid taking 40 min, or 80. I'm starting to see that this is why leagues are helpful. A good league will help ensure that you go on raids with competent people. Seriously, one person who doesn't know what they're doing can ruin it for everybody. That being said, there is a sense of satisfaction that comes with doing your job well. (this is why i tend to prefer to play healer/controller), as its not just about rear end-kicking, it's about being a good team player.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Holy cow, I am such a jackass!
I've not spent a whole lot of time researching the whole modding business, and i'm used to playing with very little cash, so i've been sticking betas on everything. And now i come to realized there are so many better modding options available.

I'm gonna be busy for awhile.

Roydrowsy fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 11, 2013

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I'd just like to report that as of right now, I only have ONE investigation left to complete! and about a dozen or so briefings to wrap up. I've been trying to rack up some skill points, got up to 51 today.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

shoot. I've not had any time to play of late, as I've been too busy with work.
I gotta try to get in there pretty soon.

I miss Nutzo Berzerko.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

What's the easiest weapon/powers combo to play? I keep trying different stuff and never feel like I'm very effective at anything.

I'm starting to think I just don't understand how to play this game.

How far to you level a character before you try something different?

I don't think any of the powers are terribly hard. It just takes awhile to develop your character to a point where they're actually really good at something. There are weapon guides around that explain it better than I can. For the most part, you can do anything with any weapon, but some choices are smarter.

For example weapons have different "Speeds" Faster weapons tend not to pack as much punch, but they're pretty handy when it comes to regenerating power faster. It is often suggested that healers pick faster weapons for that reason. I could be wrong on this, but you can get slower weapons which I would assume hit a little stronger and harder. If you're looking to play a damage role or tank, that might be the better way to go.

But honestly, weapons are going to suck pretty hard until you get to around T2, and you pick up something decent in a Raid drop. Weapons are usually the hardest drop to get, as everybody will NEED on those. If you feel like your weapon really sucks rear end, you an usually find something a tad better from one of the Renoun vendors.

As far as powers go, it just depends on what it is you are trying to do. If you are just trying out powers, find one you like and start learning about its role and how it works. There are no ends to the advice on loadouts online. If there is a specific roll you are looking to play, you can approach it form that way. I'd pick the roll you want to play, than pick your power and just start reading what people have to say about it.

Generally, if you are playing ON your level, you feel a little like you suck. The more you build and develop your character the more impressive they become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Fuzz posted:

I really need to actually go into my base and check out this sidekick business.

It's not a game changer, but it can make solo stuff a bit easier. For kicks I've loaded up to three sidekicks, the icon robot, a base sidekick, and one of those fish giys from the summer content, that i would deploy when getting overwhelmed or with bosses, it helped pick up some of the slack when leveling my healer, who had lovely dps. It kinda annoys people in groups to do that, and is considered a lovely thing to do in pvp

• Locked thread