Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well, it's Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is there any kind of sidekicking in this game? Or do you have to be approximately the same level?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I appreciate the responses but I was asking about a sidekick/mentor system where two people of different levels can benefit from running differing content by being either up leveled or deleveled appropriately. Being powered through content is boring for both parties in my opinion. It's a shame this game doesn't have that. i realize content is easily soloable but this is an MMO drat it!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Alerts are what the game calls group content. AFAIK you cant access the DLC stuff until you complete the story quest that gets you into the Justice League.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's worth noting that there's a stat revamp in the works. They are going to change basically everything about how powers work and how stats work. Here's some basic info about it. I'm more or less waiting for this change to happen before I dive back in.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Steve Vader posted:

vvv Where do the levels stop? For some reason I was thinking you could get all the way up into the 150s and such with all the fancy suits you can buy in the Watchtower and such. It's been a while since I played.

Levels stop at 30, then its pure gear.

Also, about Hand Blasts, I'd say its the least interesting of the weapons visually, except maybe Brawling. All the other ones look really drat good though. You can respec your weapons whenever, so its not a big deal. The only thing you will never get back is the single skill point in the weapon you chose at character creation, but skill points are essentially infinite so its nothing to fret about. Eventually you can max out more than one weapon just cuz (and because maxing out weapons gives passive bonuses)

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 13, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's up to taste, really. The hero and villain content is basically identical, with some very minor differences. I can tell you that the hero population is like 4 times as large as the villain population. A big part of the games staying power for me was making a character that I thought looked cool, had a cool name, and had a cool concept. The problem with giving you power recommendations is that the entire combat system is about to completely change in like a month or two during a huge upcoming update, which is what I am personally waiting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
This game is not really that fun if you are just interested in powergaming. It shines when you are playing a character with a power/weaponset that you personally find cool. Builds and poo poo wont start to matter until you've played the game for a long time. Builds start to matter right about the time you have to start paying for the game in order to access content, the F2P stuff is pretty much anything goes (up to like gear level 60-70 I think?)

• Locked thread