Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home

Mimsy posted:

There's actually an Adam West style cape that drops from the temple of crime challenge. These days you can make yourself look pretty damned close to whichever batman incarnation you like.

The whole suit is totally Stephanie Brown but it'd take forever to collect. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

Acrobatics used to be able to grapple while in combat and then they took it away because?

There's almost no advantage to it that I can think of. Flight is too advantageous and Superspeed has a really good ability. I still really like being an acro though.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

I'm guessing it's because of a huge population split, but doing the summer event on my villain is an exercise in frustration whereas it's really quick and smooth on my hero. Just today I queued into a group that had been tackling it for over an hour and had gone through over a dozen people. I saw why after the level 21 started the instance immediately while someone else hadn't revived from the prior attempt. Simply amazing.

For whatever reason though my hero - who's only cr 60-something - gets put in groups with people in full quantum gear, whereas my villain is matched up with level 20's. Probably the population split or poor matchmaking? It's annoying either way.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

ganash posted:

Does anyone happen to pvp? Just curious what the Goon opinion for the coming update was. I'm not a fan of the changes being made (reffering to the new movement powers debuffing everything) and being a fire tank in PVP myself this pretty much means to hope for a bad player or run exclusively DPS. I can see mass rage quitting for healers in 4vs 4 on up as well. Thoughts?

Debuffs are dumb but I haven't had too bad a time as a controller. Maybe I win a match half the time with randoms. I usually just throw POT and keep feeding everybody power and that's enough. PVP's always had a big power creep anyway and I wish it was better balanced. I mean they have a PVP CR, why doesn't it mean anything when you're going against people? Why is the "participation reward" a daily and why does it only give you one mark?

NO IDEA what they're trying to do to PVP because nothing sounds like it makes it easier for people who have never tried it. Honestly getting rid of clipping would do wonders to balance the game better but everybody would quit if that happened (I would not mind).

Oh also the styles really bug me. They threw perfectly good styles into the vault (that I have NEVER SEEN) and kept the most butt ugly faux-military poo poo instead. The only style that barely looks good is the newest one they added, and you may never even be able to get it before a PVP season ends because you have to buy all that crap before it. It's dumb as hell.

Duet fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 8, 2013

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

ganash posted:

Lastly you say the styles change every season? I guess I better get T5 done then :/ I like the wings on blood bat but the rest of the styles of pvp gear are absolutely retarded. I use a mix of T1 and lower pve for style, no sense in tipping people off right away what I have on ;)

That's just what I've heard on the grapevine. It's also likely that there are PVP season specific feats, or that only one new set is added per season. We'll find out when the season ends.

I agree that mods are out of control, though. Home Turf's helped shove the power curve up a bit too.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

Throwdown posted:

Also, question about gadgets. I am finding it hard to keep up combos with staff on raids due to CC's and was wondering what ranged weapon would be good to switch to.

Gadget here. I've never used staff in a raid, but I used to use it as a weapon myself. It is really awkward ranged I'll admit. Been using Martial Arts since I haven't found a better weapon and just spamming the ranged is a pretty decent power gain. Bow, Rifle and Pistols are better ranged damage (I think) and can probably gain power faster. Hand Blasters is really fast, but does a lot less damage.

You have a lot to choose from.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

Speaking of are there ANY easier ways to get from like, CR 62 to the next tier? Like the next set of content is at 70 or so, and I have a friend I play with but he's progressively wildly faster than I am despite having a lead on time (dude needs a break). While raids are the fastest way to get marks it's also the most mind-numbing experience when people start arguing and chain of command breaks down and aaaAAAAA.

I hate it. I hate grinds. It's so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

To be fair heroes outnumber villains by a large margin, so anything that helps "balance" them out in the "world events" is okay in my book.

• Locked thread