Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hey, so just a heads up on a kind of deal of the century thing.

If you are playing planetside2, interested in planetside 2, or maybe even everquest, get that $30/3month legandary sub now.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/the-new-soe-all-access-plan-faq.189113/

TLDR: Your sub will be switched to an all access pass even at the old locked in rate. If you are a lifetimer to dcuo, you'll be a lifetimer to all soe games till dcuo is shut down (they also announced the closing of 4 games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

FrankenVader posted:

Sadly, that may be the only answer. An FOV of only 90 degrees is just horrible on a 32 inch monitor @ 2 feet away. Makes me sick as a dog.

In the steam/steamapps/common/DC Universe Online/UNREAL3/Engine/Config directory, there is a BASEENGINE.ini file that lists the following:

FOVAngle=90.000000

That's the culprit....that lovely, lovely console FOV is the culprit. Changing this to something acceptable like 115, or 120 and making the file *read only* isn't working, as the file is over written every time you launch the game.

Bummer.

The problem is even if you could fix it, I believe they use the same running tricks that borderlands did. Or was it 2. One of them had fov problems. However, every time you would reset the fov to a desired level, it would be reset to the default level over time. The reason was that to give a sense of running, the fov was dynamically tightened. This works on a artistic scale, but since you couldn't lock the default fov, you get what you are experiencing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I enjoyed bow when I played because of the air juggling.

Looking at that high level stats revamp post, am I wrong in understanding that sticking to a single weapon will be possible after it is done? I know one of the issues that bothered me was that it was to your detriment to not tap into 2-3 other weapons besides the one you started with.

• Locked thread