Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
This game is...refreshing. I can't really put my thumb on it. The outside quests are whatever, but I really dig the instanced missions at the end of each arc. The voice acting is really good, too. I actually bought this game at release and played it for maybe a couple of weeks before dropping it. I guess a couple of years of polish will do a game good. I had 1000 spacebux, so I picked up the DLC with the Earth powerset and made a Dual Guns/Earth villain. Pew pew and stomp stomp and all of that. I can see myself playing this to endgame, just to see all of the content. Then maybe a couple of DLC for PvE or PvP depending on how both look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Earth really didn't feel cohesive to me (at least up to level 16), so I rolled a Light/Hand Blaster villain. So. much. better. I love Light's combo system, plus I can beat people up with giant boxing gloves and run them over with trains. I really dig the controller role, so that's probably what I'll be doing for instances.

Side-note: Hand-blasters are actually very good as a power regeneration weapon, in contrast with the opinion in the OP. This is really only because of Pulse Beam which can combo like nobody's business.

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 27, 2013

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Darth Freddy posted:

Kind of sucks you can get a trinket drop that you cant use with out the proper DLC. So tempted to buy the ultimate pack they have on sale.

For leveling to max level, all of the frills are really unnecessary. The game's leveling difficulty was designed without any DLC at all. I look at those add-ons (Home Turf's base additions and the trinkets) as turning the game on easy mode or using cheat codes in single player games. Let's face it, it's not like MMOs, especially DCUO, are hard in the first place. IMO if you get DLC, first get the ones that add the gameplay content you want to see, then worry about the frills later.

• Locked thread