Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

whatspeakyou posted:

Vestments of Rage. T5 armor piece drops in the Assault and Battery Op, or you can buy the style-only for 70 Marks of Reality in the Metropolis Lantern Warzone (accessible via the Mogo or Ranx command center after CR84).

I really need to stop screwing with alts and just get one character past that T3 hurdle. Guess I will start maining Motherfluxer, since Controllers are in short supply and I am really digging Quantum overall as a powerset.

Warlocke: what's your Quantum Troll build/layout? We should compare notes. I am completely addicted to Tachyon Burst when soloing... my Domination is so high that it usually lasts about a minute and a half on most things in T3 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Holy poo poo, if you can chain One Handed and Shield, I will be so happy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Davoren posted:

I like them both! This game is good if you want to be a bit more hands on with your character than just clicking a mouse, and you like to spend hours playing pretty pretty dress up.

My character from way back before the server merge was called 'Hayley Comet', only now it's got '_BNW' added to the end, looks like they gave her a rename token, anyone got any ideas for a good replacement name for a superspeed fire tank?

Mexican Food.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ArchRanger posted:

Yeah. There are a couple of very minor annoyances, but overall DCUO has the most generous F2P scheme I've ever seen from an MMO. For being a free player you're basically limited to a couple character slots and how much money you're allowed to carry. You also don't have access to the DLC content, but the vast majority of that is after the level cap.

Planetside 2 is even more friendly to free players. SOE is doing a lot of things right lately.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That has more to do with Mental being a lovely, broken powerset than anything else. No seriously, it's crap.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Bloody Pom posted:

So I'm deciding to get back into this now that All Access means my Planetside 2 membership is also my DCUO membership.

Any recommendations for a power/weapon combo?

Shield is shitloads of fun and has a real dynamic combo chaining system, a lot of people like Light and I'm personally a fan of Controllers, but Quantum looks awesome and is a shitload of fun, too. So is Ice if you like Tanking, and if you wanna heal, Lightning is goddamn amazingly fun.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

malhavok posted:

Apart from mental any other power sets to stay away from?

Plant apparently mostly sucks.

Sorcery and Celestial are probably still the best healing, though Electric is the most fun.

Fire is great for DPS but terrible for tanking, Ice is still king of all tanks, and Rage is really solid if a little weird to use... it also is way more healer dependent than others. Earth someone else would have to comment on, but it seems like it could be alright in theory, if not a little power hungry.

Quantum and Light are hosed up amazing and the only Control powers you should care about. Gadgets is okay, but compared to the other two it's not nearly as fun or flexible.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

New Leaf posted:

I made a Villain for shits and giggles- tech and dual pistols. Hold down right click, everything in the room melts. Feels a little OP.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

zeldadude posted:

Got a PS4 so I'm jumping in on this again. Wish I could port my ~70 cr ice tank from PC but I'm sure gearing up is just as easy now as it was back then.

If anyone wants to play some legends or level or whatever, hit me up, psn is Clizzby

I would totally play on PS4 if they let you activate your SOE account on PSN and retain all my membership bonuses, but nope. :argh:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I had found a cool villain league to play with that was chill and really good about helping people gear up. They were called the Mad Villains. Not sure if my toons are still in it, but I could look into getting you guys in if you want more people to play with. They were good people.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

mastajake posted:

Meh. Worth a shot, thanks. I'll be on villainside as Fembot 5000 for awhile to check out munitions and the travel variant.

Wait, there's a new travel variant?!?!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

mastajake posted:

Well hey now. TOTALLY NOT SILVER SURFER travel power is fun.........yeah, I miss my super speed.

Yeah, what a ripoff. Super Speed is still the most fun, by far.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

NeurosisHead posted:

So a dev decided to mess with a streamer personally because it would be funny, the streamer had a giant crybaby bitchfit, and has spent a year crying about it. Then they got permabanned for being lovely. Am I getting that right?

Because I think that owns.

Yeah, when compared to CCP, that's nothing. Didn't some pub guild spend millions of ISK on a Titan and then it was destroyed because of server lag and bullshit, and when people complained about it right up to one of the EVEfests, the devs' literal response was, "too bad, get hosed."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

I just started playing again but doesn't seem like they've added much in the year and a half since I've been gone.

SOE shut down and turned into Daybreak. It's delayed a lot of devside poo poo in all their IPs, though apparently Planetside 2 is starting to get back on the train.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Man, if they'd let me transfer my PC account to PS4, I'd play this all the time. Shame.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That's a real bummer. I would have played the poo poo out of this again on PS4.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shield is fun and good.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That said, One handed, Shield, Bow, and Martial Arts are all fun as hell. Lot of people also love Brawl since it hits hard.

Shield and MA are cool because their combos are flexible and you can basically sub in whatever you want based on the actual moves, since the chains are based on which animation you're coming out of vs which button press. You can make up some neat chains, and with Shield you can even swap in throws.

Edit: The hand energy blast one is cool, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Can you play a shapeshifting focused Nature character again yet? It used to be so awesome in beta and then they ruined out into garbage tier.

I wanna be a high speed wolfman, dammit.

• Locked thread