Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I picked this up fairly recently and have been enjoying it well enough to have bought the Green Lantern DLC and consider the Ultimate Edition thing. It's vaguely scratching an itch City of Heroes left and I'm liking it more than GW2 or Neverwinter by a good margin. I just wish that it wasn't so withholding of information. As a newbie I feel very much like I'm adrift in a mature game that doesn't want to explain much to someone starting out. The power choices, the gear and stat choices, I feel like I'm making choices without any real idea of what the consequences are. Is there a good, accurate starter guide somewhere? Even if there's not, at least roaming around the streets with Acrobatics is some of the most fun I've ever had playing a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

So is there a method to getting the installer not be a complete loving piece of useless poo poo? I've been trying to patch and it has crashed four times already. I know it's got a history of problems, I had to install through Steam because installing directly kept failing, but this is my first significant patch and I just keep getting this:

code:
Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004 - 12.120.106.128 - 
[url]http://dcuo.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/dcuo-pc/dcuo.sha.zs/cc/494/1fe90d8ac75c42c89d614bd6f9bf8a6dfee[/url]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

So I know we've got a villain league but do we have anything hero-side? My ostensible main is a hero in the low 20's and I'd like to try the multiplayer side of the game. I'd happily take an invite on one of my villains to that league, Ohmbudsman is the one I think I'm likely to focus on right now.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Omnikin posted:

PS3 or PC? I'm on Heroes USPS3 side right now, don't think any other goons are. Most are Villains which I've yet to create

Sorry, should have specified; I'm on PC.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

So now that I've gotten my hero to 30 I'm working on a villain since that's where the goons are. Can someone invite Ohmbudsman to the League?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

So I bought some DLC off of Steam because it's cheap and I can't log in to SOE to redeem the codes. Every time I try to log in, it tells me that I need to reset my password but once I do, it tells me my password has already been reset but it won't let me in. I can't even open a support ticket because you need to be logged in to do so. gently caress. I'll have to call them tomorrow when their office is open, but has anyone ever had anything like this happen?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'll say this, when I did finally call, I was back into my account in about four minutes. The guy was super nice and there was no wait. I was shocked but very pleasantly surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Three of the four characters I have are names taken straight from City of Heroes characters and the forth one is just a terrible name.

• Locked thread