Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So hey, this game is now on XBox. So I downloaded it.

Does anybody still play this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Aphrodite posted:

Doesn't matter much if they do, they can't play with you unless they're also on Xbox.

A friend of mine on PS told me everyone is on the same server - PC, XBox, etc. - and we can all play together.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Bummer if that's true.

One more bummer: I'm number 10,000+ to log in to the Free queue. Average wait time is 2+ hours. Bypass this ridiculously stupid impediment with a membership! But first, you still have to NOT bypass this and wait forever before we allow you to the screen where you could buy a membership. So just leave your game on doing nothing for two loving hours before we even tell you what a membership costs.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sweet. I threw down 10 bucks to get some Marketplace Cash and 6 slots, but Premium login times aren't 2 hours long, but they can be about 5-10 minutes long still.

I've got a Luthor villain named Mister Fight and a Circe villain named Murder Master, and a Joker villain named Cuckoo Croc. I've also got a hero named Professor Blue. I'm cool with trying to League Up.

I want to do a "respec" on a character I haven't even started yet, but I guess I can't edit the character once it's created without buying a "re-spec token" or just deleting and completely rebuilding them. Which is pretty lovely.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay, I'm having some weird stuff happening in my game.

My Hand Blaster skills are no longer working. I'm at Level 11 now. All I can do is barebones punch. My powers are working, and I wonder if it has something to do with me getting a second option for loadouts as a Control when I did my first ever group mission. Or if it's because I started my first PVP mission, got my rear end kicked a lot, and bailed on it so I could level up.

Had a Vault ticket during the Watchtower tour. Went in, got all the boxes, but the end-thing didn't trigger. So I left anyway. And now it's a hanging incomplete mission I can't finish. And I think I need to finish that to get a base.

Various items in my inventory are now red-bordered and I have no idea what that means.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

jabro posted:

Go to a vendor and repair your poo poo.

Ah. So that got me my skills back. How does stuff get broken? You get knocked out too many times?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay, thanks.

That still leaves me the problem of being unable to get a base because I can't finish that Ambush Bug task. Hoping the next time I get a Vault ticket, it'll work itself out.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

jabro posted:

Have you tried abandoning the quest? Not sure what it'll do to the ticket but could always try since it's not doing anything anyways.

Doesn't appear to be an option.

Also, trying to do this 4-player Swamp Thing quest, where it keeps making you go through the 'yak with the NPC' thing each time you die. Last time I tried it, it either threw me in the middle of the fight, or it kept my team locked out of it while nothing was going on behind the gate, and then if I leave, I'm a deserter, I guess.

EDIT: Wow. Going to the DCUO forums to try to ask questions there... and after signing up for an account, I have insufficient privileges to post there. Great job, guys!

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 16, 2016

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So it's saying all the Episodes are open for a month for the "Summer of Wonder" event. I don't know how to access them.

Also, apparently, at level 31, I can't beat a Level 15 ALERT mission.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm already there. Not sure what the next step is.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

This could be interesting. I got one guy to Level 30 and then kinda felt like I didn't have anything interesting to do. I kept getting squashed by all those team-up events you're supposed to try and do, and running around collecting those fragment things to then go to the little factories and build boring things seemed... well, boring. You had to pay for all the episode content and I didn't want to do that... I didn't really understand the build-out/build-up process, I guess, or whatever that machine in my apartment was supposed to be for, bla bla I'm not an MMORPG guy usually, but I like DC stuff.

Maybe if I bump Mr. Fight all the way to 100, things will look a little different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

OH. The free advance is to CR100. Not Level 100. That is less impressive.

vvv Where do the levels stop? For some reason I was thinking you could get all the way up into the 150s and such with all the fancy suits you can buy in the Watchtower and such. It's been a while since I played.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 12, 2017

• Locked thread